This likely relevant to Tanzania also

Avanti

JF-Expert Member
Aug 24, 2010
I was very sad when my friend sent to me this quatation:

"Sounds like a joke, but……..
45 years ago, Kibaki and Michuki were in Cabinet and Kennedy was running for President. Obama was 1 year old. 45 years later, Kibaki and Michuki are still in cabinet, and Obama is a candidate for the same seat Kennedy was running. In 45 years, Obamas father is dead, we have had Johnson, Carter, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Clinton, Bush 1 and Bush 2 in USA in between as presidents but in Kenya the same guys in their 70's and 80's are still trying to tell Kenyans they can make development models that work?' Makes u think??

Something is seriously wrong with Africa !!!!! "

My take: From when we started hearing about Lowasa, Sita,Mwandosya, Salim,Maalim Seif, Lipumba, Mrema, etc?. And these years its even becoming worse! where are the younger leaders? I better compliment Zitto for declaring contesting for presidential seat in 2015.

In Africa, leaders who choose to linger unto power are really not leaders. They are dictators occupying positions to serve the interest of self, and their friends, & party. Mind you, these are publicly elected officials who ARE not performing their fiduciary duties to their public. This is in itself a CRIME!! Today, when reading about the astronomical illegitimate, unjustified 185% raise that the MPs are getting is in itself PROOF, real EVIDENCE that the gvt. of Tanzania is not serving the interests of the public that elected these officials in power to serve them. Instead, these incompetent, inept officials are just puppets doing what their BOSSES tell them do.
There is a solution to this grave crisis. AND that is since the gvt. is NOT willing to bring ACCOUNTABILITY, there should be TownHALL discussions with students, local people & dedicated, committed Tanzanians televised talking about the state of Tanzania today in the hands of the criminal few&mighty.
Ultimately, an out of box solution might be needed to confront the rampant corruption in the country & that is have some sort of an independent citizen's group/body able to have a dialogue with DONORS to oversee budgets, mineral contracts, etc. Otherwise, just take a look at whats going on in Nigeria today, learn from what happened there, where the few are swimming in sea of riches while majority are drowning in hunger.
If NOTHING is done, then the future looks bleak for Tanzania.

Back
Top Bottom