The six real reasons why women are single

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
The six real reasons why women are single

Unattached women are blamed for any number of faults, but what about the things they're doing right?
By Sexytypewriter,

In a recent Huffington Post article, television writer Tracy McMillan detailed the reasons why single women haven't yet landed a husband.
"Why You're Not Married" explained that all those single women fall into one (or all) of the following categories:

1) You're a Bitch
2) You're Shallow
3) You're a "Slut"
4) You're a Liar
5) You're Selfish
6) You're Not Good Enough

McMillan fancies herself a bit of an expert, in that she has been married three times and brags that she was "born knowing how to get married." It is worth pointing out that McMillan has also been divorced three times.

So while certainly an expert in the field of getting hitched, she is not very good at maintaining such a state. Which is sort of the point. Having never been married (or even engaged!), I humbly suggest I might have some insight into the situation; after all, I haven't married the wrong guy! Not even once!

McMillan's article stems from a larger problem; the assumption in the media and popular culture that single women are doing something wrong. I would argue that we are actually doing everything right.
Here are the six real reasons why women - perhaps yourself, perhaps the amazing friend who is perpetually single - are not yet married:

1) You're Patient
Many women are wary about rushing down the aisle to the quickening rhythm of their biological clocks, and if they have to wait years for the right guy to come along, they will. Marriage should always be more about the person you find than the age at which you find them. Setting strict deadlines (age 25, 30, 35) to wed essentially sets people up for disappointment. The Bachelor is a good example of why, nine times out of 10, whirlwind courtships and marriage simply do not work.

2) You're Confident
We've all seen it; women with low self-esteem tend to latch onto inappropriate men (oh hi, Britney Spears!) in lieu of being alone. When a woman is independent, self-sufficient and doesn't require male validation in order to function day-to-day, it can mean being single by choice - for now.

3) You're Beautiful
In a fascinating article on Slate.com entitled "The Eligible-Bachelor Paradox" by Mark Gimein, he suggests that beautiful women - confident that they have game - hold out for something great for a longer period of time because they know they can. It is the less attractive females - those with fewer chips with which to bet - who "bid decisively," aggressively latching onto whoever will take them. (No offense, married ladies! I'm sure most of you wed for true love instead of out of quiet desperation.)

4) You're Successful
Some men are intimidated (Mhhhh!) by successful women - ask any female lawyer, doctor or entrepreneur. (When Harvard-educated lawyer Miranda Hobbes on Sex and The City found her career was killing her romantic life, she claimed to be a flight attendant.) The right guy will be in awe of these accomplishments.

5) You Won't Accept Less Than You Deserve
It takes a significant amount of strength to end an otherwise good relationship that potentially could lead to marriage because one partner is not treating the other with the attentiveness, tenderness and/or respect that they deserve. Remember: you are better off single than in a lousy relationship. (This is very true)

6) You Know What You Want
McMillan suggests that single women are too picky - find a man of character and lock him down! Character is key, but there are so many other factors necessary in a successful partnership. Connection. Friendship. Compatibility. Chemistry. McMillan dismisses the need for sexual attraction as shallow, but unless you're marrying J. Howard Marshall, it's clearly essential. As writer Sloane Crosley puts it: "Husbands are like tattoos--you should wait until you come across something you want on your body for the rest of your life"¦"

The world should stand back to admire single women instead of perpetually trying to fix us or fix us up. We're smart enough to know that Prince Charming is the stuff of make believe, but we're definitely going to hold out for a hero. (Very Good decision....keep on waiting)

Yeah some people are single by choice...tofauti na wengi wanaoolewa ili tu na wao waseme wameolewa!

HA HA HAAA

SOME PAINFULL TRUTH HERE....

1) You're a Bitch
2) You're Shallow
3) You're a "Slut"
4) You're a Liar
5) You're Selfish

HA HA HAAA

SOME PAINFULL TRUTH HERE....

1) You're a Bitch
2) You're Shallow
3) You're a "Slut"
4) You're a Liar
5) You're Selfish

Mhhhh! Boss!

Yeah some people are single by choice...tofauti na wengi wanaoolewa ili tu na wao waseme wameolewa!

Siku hizi kuolewa ni fashion fulani hivi, wenyewe wanasema sunnah; baada ya miezi miwili unashangaa mambo yanaanza ku-disintergrate

Siku hizi kuolewa ni fashion fulani hivi, wenyewe wanasema sunnah; baada ya miezi miwili unashangaa mambo yanaanza ku-disintergrate

Mhhhh! labda ndiyo maana ndoa "za siku hizi" zinavunjika kwa idadi kubwa ukilinganisha na miaka ya nyuma.

Dah!Basi acha watu waende na wakati...wengine tumeshazoea kupitwa na fashion!

Well said "i am better off single rather than in a lousy relationship" Ndoa za siku hizi ni fashion hazina mpangilio wala mwelekeo ni kujidanganya tu. Kitchen party zimeharibu maana ya ndoa kabisa maana wengi wanapenda hizo kitchen party lakini maana ya ndoa yenyewe hawaijui ni kufuata mkumbo tu.

Well said "i am better off single rather than in a lousy relationship" Ndoa za siku hizi ni fashion hazina mpangilio wala mwelekeo ni kujidanganya tu. Kitchen party zimeharibu maana ya ndoa kabisa maana wengi wanapenda hizo kitchen party lakini maana ya ndoa yenyewe hawaijui ni kufuata mkumbo tu.

Nakuunga mkono kabisa Pakawa. Hawa wanaotaka kufunga ndoa ili kufuata mkumbo ndiyo wanaharibu maana nzima ya ndoa na kuongeza kwa kiasi kikubwa idadi ya ndoa zinazovunjika katika miaka ya karibuni.

Ukipata muda tuletee basi na sababu za hii jinsia ya pili

The opposite ya number 1 & 3 na zilizobaki hazina tofauti ya hii jinsia ya kwanza, ndizo sababu kuu.

1) You're a Bitch
2) You're Shallow

3) You're a "Slut"
4) You're a Liar
5) You're Selfish

Kweli nimeona hasa hapo kny confident kama mwanaume hana ni tatizo sana,thx BAK

Natamani ningekuzawadia kitu fulani hivi.......i love this article....agree with it.....its just mwaaaaaaaaaaah....great BAK,mi happy,you have made my day......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink2:

Back
Top Bottom