The Migingo Saga: Kenya vs Uganda, why?!

HELLFIRE,
Nothing convincing in your list.
I see it just as a heap of unworkable datas.

UGANDA is better ranking in active troops when compared with Kenya.This is the foremost indicator of military efficiency.

If like you say they are better ranked than Kenya how comes they have had difficulties dealing with LRA....Kenya with its inexperience according to you took only three months to completely annihilate SLDF that is what efficiency is you are given a job and you do it throughly.

See the results.
armycomdr.gif

army.jpg

Museveni: You got me wrong on Migingo

segeni.jpg

By ERIC SHIMOLI in KampalaPosted Friday, May 15 2009 at 11:46

In Summary
President Museveni says it is Suba Island, which is in Kenya with the Uganda border just a foot from the shoreline, and not Migingo.
He insists Kenya Minister for Lands Mr James Orengo should apologise for allegedly describing Ugandans in derogatory terms.

Uganda President Yoweri Museveni has told a news conference that he is committed to having border disputes with Kenya resolved through an ongoing survey.

He said it is Suba Island, which is in Kenya with the Uganda border just a foot from the shoreline, and not Migingo as had been reported in the media.

But, he is confident Kenya and Uganda will resolve the dispute in the spirit of the East Africa Cooperation without having to involve outsiders.

President Museveni says his words broadcast by the BBC Radio's Africa Service have been misconstrued, adding that his references to "wajaluo" was never meant to despise anybody, not even the Luo tribe in Kenya.

However, the Ugandan leader insists Kenya Minister for Lands Mr James Orengo should apologise for allegedly describing Ugandans in derogatory terms.

He added that Kenyans should also apologise for blocking the flow of Ugandan goods recently when rowdy youths sabotaged the railway line in Nairobi's Kibera slums and also during the 2007 post-election violence.

His remarks comes a day after he issued an invite to Kenya media to cover his press conference in Uganda over the controversial issue.

President Museveni's remarks affirm those of his spokesman Fred Opolot issued on Tuesday to the effect that the president was quoted out of context and never meant to hurt anyone. Mr Opolot was referring to Museveni's "wajaluos are mad" remark in reference to the Luo community.

"The statement was misconstrued, misunderstood and taken out of context... the reason he made reference was the reason that they (British Broadcasting Corporation) are the ones who brought up the issue," Mr Opolot said.

During his Monday lecture in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, President Museveni said Kenyans would not be allowed to fish in the waters of the island.

"The island is in Kenya, the water is in Uganda. But the Wajaluos are mad, they want to fish here but this is Uganda... hii nchi huru (this is a sovereign country). It is written here in English... from this point, the border will continue to go in a straight line to the most northern point of Suba Island. Mpaka inazunguka kisiwa (the border surrounds the island)... one foot into the water and you're in Uganda," President Museveni said.

He added: "So, I have been telling those Jaluos who were rioting... wanang'oa (uprooting) railway... see, I want to discuss with them... if we implement this hakuna mjaluo atavua samaki (no Luo will fish) in this water."

On Wednesday, Kenya MPs reacted angrily to Museveni's remarks, terming him "an expansionist".The MPs, mainly backbenchers, demanded that the Kenya Government explain the relationship between the two countries.

They demanded that the Kenya Government act firmly and with resolve against what they said was a creeping military occupation of Kenyan territory.

The MPs said the government should act without delay to protect Kenya's territorial integrity. They termed the remarks provocative and insulting, describing Uganda as a "hostile" state.

The Migingo survey, led by a team of experts, started work on Monday. Leading the team are Kenya's director of lands, Mr Ephantus Murage, and his Ugandan counterpart, Mr Justin Buogi.

DAILY NATION*- Museveni: You got me wrong on Migingo

Last edited:
Mimi hawa Wakenya na Waganda wananichanganya kweli. Hako katone ka ardhi ndani zaiwa Victoria ndio wanataka kumalizana. Lakini ardhi ya Tanzania wanataka kuifanya iwe mali ya afrika mashariki! hii iko je?

Last edited by a moderator:
During his Monday lecture in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, President Museveni said Kenyans would not be allowed to fish in the waters of the island.

"The island is in Kenya, the water is in Uganda. But the Wajaluos are mad, they want to fish here but this is Uganda... hii nchi huru (this is a sovereign country). It is written here in English... from this point, the border will continue to go in a straight line to the most northern point of Suba Island. Mpaka inazunguka kisiwa (the border surrounds the island)... one foot into the water and you're in Uganda," President Museveni said.

He added: "So, I have been telling those Jaluos who were rioting... wanang'oa (uprooting) railway... see, I want to discuss with them... if we implement this hakuna mjaluo atavua samaki (no Luo will fish) in this water."

Museveni said what he said and he is now trying to put what he said out of context - and clearly he meant to hurt Kenyans (Luos).

They must not get our land rights. they are stubborn even themselves and rude and gready

Mimi hawa Wakenya na Waganda wananichanganya kweli. Hako katone ka ardhi ndani ziwa Victoria ndio wanataka kumalizana. Lakini ardhi ya Tanzania wanataka kuifanya iwe mali ya afrika mashariki! hii iko je?

Sio hivyo tu, huyu bwana ana what can be called expansionist tendencies
na akimalizana na waKenya utamsikia anataka kurukia visiwa vya Tz.
Somebody has to put him in check.

Sio hivyo tu, huyu bwana ana what can be called expansionist tendencies
na akimalizana na waKenya utamsikia anataka kurukia visiwa vya Tz.
Somebody has to put him in check.

Tanzania akitugusa tutam kumbushia kilicho muondoa madarakani Idd Amin haha.

In short M7 must go to darasa to learn diplomacy!

He is getting old vibaya!

Last edited by a moderator:
In short M7 must go to darasa to learn diplomacy!

He is getting old vibaya!

That's what happens unapokaa misituni miaka kibao ukipagana
guerilla warfare. Diplomacy ceases to be part of the vocabulary
na kila kitu ni kujaribu kuoneshana ubabe tu!

Huyu bwana ananiletea kichefuchefu kila ninapomuona...iishhh!

Uganda should not try to under estimate Kenya battle field fighting skills. Also remeber, battle is won on field but generals war plans, but not simply by fighting the rebels in your country. Kenyan Defense forces have officers that have been trained in classroom how to fight and win. Most of the Uganda general have been killled in long running wars both in country and Congo, and most are young and inxperienced in leadership areas. Something to think about when evaluating country's readness to go to war and win.

Jamani, tuache kabisa kushabikia vita. Ni kitu kibaya sana, usiombe. Waulize wakazi wa Mbagala Dar es Salaam.
Wachaaaa , Vita is no good. Sisi tuliingia vita na Uganda , tena kwa kutopenda.Matokeo yake mabaya hata leo yapo.
Kenya na Uganda PLEASE dont think of even lifting a finger at each other.

Henry Mukasa
President Yoweri Museveni over the weekend told Kenyans he would not apologise for his remarks on the Migingo Island dispute at the University of Dar es Salaam this week.

The Ugandan President made the remarks that infuriated Kenyans, with Parliament calling for military intervention or the United Nation’s Security Council.

"I am being asked to apologise while Kenyans uprooted a railway line and blocked roads. They are the ones together with Lands Minister Orengo who should first apologise, then I see whether I should do the same," he said.

Museveni on Friday morning told the Kenyan press that he did not abuse the Jaluo as a community when he commented on the Migingo Island dispute at the University of Dar es Salaam on Monday.

He clarified that when he talked of ‘mad Jaluos’ he was referring to the youth in Kibera, Nairobi who uprooted the railway line.

By disrupting trade to Uganda, the youth were protesting what they called Uganda’s continued occupation of the island, which they consider part of Kenya.

“What was wrong with the language? I used the word Jaluo, is that an insult? If you called me a Munyankole, I will not feel bad. The mad ones I talked about are the Jaluos who uprooted the railway. Is that good?” Museveni asked.

Addressing about 15 Kenyan journalists who flew in for the press briefing at the VIP lounge of Old Entebbe airport, the President said he was disappointed that some leaders were making sensational statements about the issue.

“We are committed ideologically to the East African Community. Therefore, I am surprised to see some leaders making sensational statements,” he noted. “Sensationalism is not the way to do things. I am also disappointed by some actors.

“The way they talk is like they are working for some enemies who don’t want the East African Federation.”

A number of Kenyan Parliamentarians on Wednesday accused Museveni of expansionism and urged their President to protect the country’s borders using all means necessary, including the mobilisation of the armed forces.

Kenyan MPs from the region around Migingo had also demanded an apology, saying Museveni had insulted the Luo.

“There is a minister in Kenya called Orengo. He called us hyenas”, Museveni said. “Let those who said that first apologise to us. I don’t see any problem in what I said. If they think it is wrong, I will think about it.”

He rejected a proposal from Kenyan politicians to refer the border dispute to the United Nations, saying it would be a vote of no confidence in the regional leaders.

Asked about the deployment of Ugandan troops in Western Pokot and Turkana, he said it was a joint operation with Kenya’s security organs against cattle rustlers.

“Uganda cannot expand into Kenya and Kenya cannot expand into Uganda because the borders are marked.”
He also clarified he was not talking about Migingo when he said the island was in Kenya and the waters in Uganda.

He said he was talking about other islands such as Pyramid, Sambu and Mageta, saying that if Uganda was to implement the border demarcation strictly, Kenyans on those islands would not be able to fish in Ugandan waters.

On why Uganda’s flag continued to fly on Migingo after the row had erupted, he said when there is a dispute, usually the status quo is maintains.

“When Mzee Kibaki talked to me, he asked us to remove the flag.” The President repeated that the issue will be sorted out by the verification exercise of the technical experts, who will be guided by the 1926 Order in Council.

“Some people said we bring in the army. This is a survey problem. The army are not surveyors.”

GUARDIAN ON SUNDAY

Uganda's president for life and the future first president of the East African Federation.

This is what all the rush to unite is for? While Kibaki and Kikwete have their problems i would take them any day to this guy.

Everything which goes around comes around....ii movie tamu sana, kama Jack Bauer alianza msaka Tony Almeda, lets sisi 'wavivu wa kufikiri', 'undecided', 'waoga', 'hatujui english ndio maana tunaogopa EAF' na majina yote wanayotuita tuone hatma ya hili saga. Sie tuwe watazamaji tu, just take ur notebook and note down sakata hili, then next time wakija na proposal zao zisizo na kichwa wala miguu tuwa-rule out kwa kutumia facts.

NB; Ab-Tchaz, nimekusoma mkuu, ila hata PM tu hujibu?..Lol!

On each other`s throat, just for an island which has been there since time immemorial...goosh..!
Hawa watu bana si wazuri kwa mambo ya ardhi ati!!
TiJARIBU kuungana nao kwa ishu zingine, lakini kwa mambo ya hii udongo....aku!! Huku kwetu tunasema-MATUMOKIDOYI!!

Everything which goes around comes around....ii movie tamu sana, kama Jack Bauer alianza msaka Tony Almeda, lets sisi 'wavivu wa kufikiri', 'undecided', 'waoga', 'hatujui english ndio maana tunaogopa EAF' na majina yote wanayotuita tuone hatma ya hili saga. Sie tuwe watazamaji tu, just take ur notebook and note down sakata hili, then next time wakija na proposal zao zisizo na kichwa wala miguu tuwa-rule out kwa kutumia facts.

NB; Ab-Tchaz, nimekusoma mkuu, ila hata PM tu hujibu?..Lol!

Keep dreaming bruh, if you still think this tussle will go further than it has already done, then you are a heck of a dreamer. We should comment about Museveni and Kibaki and not Kenyan's purported issues with Tanzanians. Just stay on the periphery and blend with the grass(coz thats what you can do best), and watch the saga unfold and see if it wount affect your economy adversely.

About EAC, how can I say this without sounding cocky,... mhhhhhhhm, Lets just wait for November when the pens hit the papers, and that will seal our fate with you our 'brothers and sisters'. Thats when you will side with me when I usually say that the common mwananchi doesnt have a say in the formation of the EAC.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom