Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

THE CAPITALIST NEGGER by Chika Onyeani,

Discussion in 'Habari na Hoja mchanganyiko' started by Bolivar, Jun 23, 2012.

1. B

Bolivar JF-Expert Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Who has read this book?

Jamaa ametutukana sana waafrika ila kwa asilimia 90 yupo sahihi,

Kama hujasoma hiki kitabu tafuta ukisome

2. B

Bolivar JF-Expert Member

Jun 23, 2012
    My apologies for a spelling mistake, its Nigger not negger

3. B

Bolivar JF-Expert Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Africans have been said to be highly educated. Their education is not how to solve the problems facing them, but on how they could get money the easiest way.

4. Sr. Magdalena

Sr. Magdalena JF-Expert Member

Jun 23, 2012

The Capitalist Nigger by Chika Onyeni.

100% correct, tunanunua kila kitu kutoka nje ya jumuia zetu.

MFANO: Kama kuna duka la Mtanzania na Mhindi kwenye mtaa mmoja, watanzania wataenda kununua kwa muhindi na siyo kwa mtanzania mwenzao, na wahindi hawataenda kununua kwa mtanzania la hasha wataenda kwa muhindi mwenzao, mwisho hela kwenye jumuiya zetu hazibaki zinapita tu kama daraja, Chika is 100% correct.

5. B

Bolivar JF-Expert Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Thanx Magdalena, I wish every African could read the book!

6. Dingswayo

Dingswayo JF-Expert Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Kitabu hiki unaweza kukishusha hapa chini nimeambatanisha pdf.

Attached Files:

7. Box 2

Box 2 JF-Expert Member

Nov 17, 2013
    I read the book,its more than a book,i wish African leaders to read it before sworn in to take public offfices.

8. Kibanga Ampiga Mkoloni

Kibanga Ampiga Mkoloni JF-Expert Member

Nov 17, 2013
    [h=1]Capitalist Nigger[/h]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[TABLE="class: infobox vcard, width: 22"]
    [TR]
    [TH="colspan: 2, align: center"]Capitalist Nigger: The Road to Success: A Spider Web Doctrine[/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2, align: center"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Author[/TH]
    [TD]Chika Onyeani[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Country[/TH]
    [TD]United States[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Language[/TH]
    [TD]English[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Subject[/TH]
    [TD]Economics[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Genre[/TH]
    [TD]Status of Africans[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Publisher[/TH]
    [TD]Timbuktu Publishers[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Publication date[/TH]
    [TD]2000[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]Media type[/TH]
    [TD]Hardcover, Paperback, Audio book[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]ISBN[/TH]
    [TD]1-86842-270-4[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH]OCLCNumber[/TH]
    [TD]122934141[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    "Capitalist Nigger: The Road to Success, a Spider-Web Doctrine" is the title of a controversial book by current African Sun Timespublisher/editor-in-chief, Dr Chika Onyeani. He has also written a novel entitled The Broederbond Conspiracy, fondly called the "Black James Bond". The author is sad that Black actors continue to clamor to play the role of James Bond without success, hence he decided to write "The Broederbond Conspiracy" to fulfill the aspirations of Blacks to play the James Bond role.
    [h=2]Contents[/h] [hide]

[h=2]Overview[edit][/h][h=3]Synopsis[edit][/h]Capitalist Nigger: The Road to Success: A Spider Web Doctrine (Timbuktu Publishers, September 17, 2000) asserts that the Black Race, is a consumer race and not a productive race. Says the author, Chika Onyeani, "We are a conquered race and it is utterly foolish for us to believe that we are independent. The Black Race depends on other communities for its culture, its language, its feeding, and its clothing." "Despite enormous natural resources," according to author, "Blacks are economic slaves because they lack the "killer-instinct" and "devil-may-care" attitude of the Caucasian, as well as the "spider web economic mentality" of the Asian." The author is not afraid to use the word 'nigger' in both pejorative or stereotypic senses. He says, "It is not what you call me, but what I answer to, that matters most."
    [h=3]Status of Blacks[edit][/h]The book asserts that "Blacks are economic slaves. We are owned lock stock and barrel by people of European-origin ... I am tired of hearing Blacks always blaming others for their lack of progress in this world; I am tired of the whining and victim-mentality. I am tired of listening to the same complaint, day in day out - racism this, racism that. It's getting us nowhere." "Africans have a stance, 'live for today, let tomorrow take care of itself and be damned' attitude," the author says. "We've become a sheep-like consumer race that depends on other communities for our culture, language, feeding, and clothing. We've become economic slaves in Western society." The argument that Blacks must become economically self-reliant and foster collective partnering relationships is not new. It has been voiced by such notable figures as Booker T. Washington, W. E. B. Du Bois, Frantz Fanon, Marcus Garvey, Steve Biko, Ezekiel Mphahlele, Thabo Mbeki, andMalcolm X.
    [h=3]"Spider Web Doctrine"[edit][/h]The basis of Onyeani's argument is that Blacks must mimic Asian People and adopt what he calls a "spider-web doctrine". According to Onyeani, by adopting this economic concept Blacks will be able to attract wealth to their communities, and trap it there as a spider traps flies.[SUP][1][/SUP] This is the basis for the books assertions; that Blacks must only purchase Black-manufactured goods, patron Black stores, or eat in Black establishments, etc.
    Though it resulted in millions of my people being taken as slaves to the New World, America, I can still duff my hat to a small group of individuals who had the tenacity to cross the Atlantic Ocean to open America to the world. You have to admire the courage of the small group of diabolical individuals who set out to invade Africa and take our people as slaves. (Capitalist Nigger, page 21)
    [h=2]Response[edit][/h][h=3]Criticism[edit][/h]The book has received a large amount of criticism in a number of areas. The book relies on anecdotal rather than factual evidence, and has many common errors and contradictions.[SUP][2][/SUP] He further relies heavily on outdated racial stereotypes of Blacks, Caucasians, Jew, Chinese, Japanese and Indian peoples. Specifically, his argument relies on adopting the stereotypes that blacks are "lazy" and that Indians are successful and entrepreneurial. He was also ignores the wealth divide in China and India, who he deems as being successful societies because of their abilities to manufacture goods. In a Mail and Guardian article, he commented that the success of Indian society can be showed because "In India, the larger part of the population is still poor. So what? India is leading in a lot of ways. If you make a call to [a] credit card company, chances are it would be answered in India. Just because of the way they have been able to do the (sic) things."[SUP][3][/SUP]
    [h=3]Accusations of Inaccuracies and Hypocrisy[edit][/h]A few of his most inaccurate comments and racial stereotypes include: "In Africa there are more Mercedes Benz, BMW (sic) and Jaguars than there are people." "There is nothing in Africa that is owned by the people."
    One notable contradiction is when he calls for adoption of the spider web doctrine, but then cautions successful 'capitalist niggers' (like himself) to keep other Blacks at arm's length.[SUP][1][/SUP]
    [h=3]Stereotypes and Racism[edit][/h]Stereotypes include the exceptional intelligence and capability of the Jews, the industrious nature of Asians, and the "killer instinct" and "devil-may-care" tenacity of Caucasians. Blacks are described as whiners, passive, economically illiterate, intellectually bankrupt and materialistic.[SUP][1][/SUP]
    On the final page of the book, Onyeani gives his reason for writing the book (which he claims changed his life); that it would be success and he would "make a lot of money."[SUP][1][/SUP]
    [h=3]Reviews[edit][/h]Pan-Africanist writer Owen 'Alik Shahadah praises the core thesis of the book by stating in his article on African agency that the inferiority complex is an overlooked phenomenon, which washes all aspects of African life. He continues by stating that Capitalist Nigger is a daring expose of a deep problem of "Africans being products not producers", Shahadah goes on to state the "naturally these kinds of agendas which destroy White economic privilege in Africa will not be welcomed by all those that continue to profit from an economically weak African nation." [SUP][4][/SUP]
    A review article in the Financial Mail by Dr Stella M Nkomo (Professor of Management at the University of South Africa's Graduate School of Business Leadership) levied heavy criticism at Onyeani. The article noted that "Onyeani has no qualms about degrading not just an entire group of people but himself as well." She further commented, " The notion that Black people should aspire to be 'White' is both insulting and degrading."[SUP][1][/SUP] commented that "Onyeani is entitled to his opinions about black people. He is, however, not entitled to his gratuitous insults."
    Onyeani was asked in an interview the question of what is stopping blacks from doing what they need to do? He replied simply "inferiority complex".[SUP][3][/SUP]
    Continental Africans think the world owes them something. We whine and whine about how the Europeans looted our natural resources. Yes, they did, so what? We allowed them to do it, and we are still allowing them to do it even today. There is too much whining among Africans, Blacks, continental Africans and Africans in the Diaspora - whine, whine, whine ad nauseam. We are beggars. We beg for everything. If you need something, be a man. Go and get it! Don't start whining for somebody to do it or get it for you. (Capitalist Nigger, page 35).
    [h=2]Further Writing[edit][/h][h=3]"Why Blacks Can't Run"[edit][/h]"Why Blacks Can't Run" is the title of an upcoming book by Chika Onyeani that also deals with the economic status of both blacks in Africa and around the world. It is considered a sequel to "Capitalist Nigger".[SUP][5][/SUP]
    [h=3]The Broederbond Conspiracy[edit][/h]The Broederbond Conspiracy is a fiction book also written by Dr. Onyeani. The book is about a fictional Nigerian Secret Service agent named Chima Amadi. In the book, he fights against a conspiracy organized by the Apartheid era white supremacist organization the Broederbond.[SUP][5][/SUP]

9. Kibanga Ampiga Mkoloni

Nov 17, 2013
    [TABLE="class: contentpaneopen"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: contentheading"]Book Review - Chika Onyeani's Capitalist Nigger[/TD]
    [TD="class: buttonheading, width: 100%, align: right"][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TABLE="class: contentpaneopen"]
    [TR]
    [TD]written by kc rottok [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: createdate"]tuesday, 06 december 2011 16:00[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "Another issue I had with the publication was that of a myriad of unsubstantiated claims, some of which sounded somewhat exaggerated"

You are unlikely to get a more controversial title than 'Capitalist Nigger'. The particular copy I perused declared that over 40,000 copies had been sold in SA; clear proof that controversy sells.

The paperback in question is the product of Chika Onyeani's grip on current affairs and life experiences. Although he began writing it in 1999, it has an almost prophetic feel to it when it talks of the oppression of the people of Southern Sudan who recently became the world's newest nation.

For me, reading the book was very similar to finally watching a much touted movie a couple of years after its release. The fact that so many people had recommended it to me heightened my expectation. It is not surprising therefore that I was disappointed by a number of aspects.

Like the writer of a bad documentary, Chika Onyeani gets caught up in too much repetition. I lost count of the number of times that he discusses the "Spider web doctrine" or explores the 'consumer-only' nature of the African continent. The book could easily have been half its present size and still cover all the ideas.

Another issue I had with the publication was that of a myriad of unsubstantiated claims, some of which sounded somewhat exaggerated. Having visited both countries, I found it difficult to believe that Indians control 80% of the motel industry in America or that the Mercedes Benz constitutes 60% of all vehicles in Nigeria. These are a sample of the numerous statistics that Onyeani freely peddles without providing a source.

I know that I can be a little pedantic when it comes to detail but some of the errors in the book are simply unforgiveable given the fact that it was penned by the founder and editor of a seemingly respectable American newspaper. There are several grammatical mistakes as well as some incorrect information such as his reference to Timberlake shoes when he probably means Timberlands.

But this book brings to the fore a number of home truths such as the potentially negative impact of race on neighbourhoods. On page 60, Onyeani states that many Africans in America commonly bemoan the deteriorating state of the previously white only neighbourhoods that they now live in - "I was first to move into this neighbourhood and it was all white. Now look what has happened." This is quite similar to what many people in SA say about areas like Hillbrow and Sunnyside.
    On page 84, Onyeani observes the following: "Today in Africa.... being seen in the company of a Caucasian person accords you instant respectability. Bring in a Caucasian partner....if you are having difficulty securing a contract, send him in and you will have an easy ride."

Another interesting observation related to foreign names: "I have read through the Bible, and I have not found where it says that answering to a particular name is necessary to become a Christian. Today I see Christians, especially priests, insisting on foreign names in the belief that a person cannot be regarded a true Christian without answering to English or French names."(pg 140)

I also related quite closely to the advice given to readers regarding the need to convince family members when pursuing money making opportunities and to be wary of the PHD (Pull Him Down) phenomenon that creeps up amongst one's 'friends' when you begin to do well. This touches on what this book is essentially about; a challenge to people of negroid origin who are, for one reason or another, lagging behind, to step up their capitalist endeavours so as to collectively propel them as a race.

The book was written by the founder of a publication for a particular expatriate grouping in a thriving economy. It is no wonder that despite not agreeing with a large number of his views, I had more than a personal connection to a number of his sentiments. The controversy definitely goes beyond the title.
    I would recommend this book to anyone with an appetite for provocative thought. At the very least read Chapter 14 which is a clear summary of Onyeani's recipe for becoming a "Capitalist Nigger"
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

10. Kibanga Ampiga Mkoloni

Nov 17, 2013