The Boycott Tigo Tanzania Campaign

MwanaHaki

R I P
Oct 17, 2006
I am sure ALL of you have many reasons to stop using Tigo's mobile telephony services, but before I tell you why, try and do the math (yourselves) on what Sasatel is offering, as a standard package. (Caution: I am neither a representative nor spokesperson nor employee of Sasatel. Just a normal client!)

Sasatel is offering a service which allows you to activate a bundle that costs you TZS 2,500/= (VAT inclusive), giving you UNLIMITED CALLS, Sasatel to Sasatel, for one week! Now let us all do the math.

TZS 2,500/= divided by 7 days gives you TZS 357.14

TZS 357.14 for daily use translates to TZS 14.88 per hour, being that one full day has 24 hours.

TZS 14.88 for hourly use translates to TZS 0.25 (rounded) per minute, being that one full hour has 60 minutes.

TZS 0.25 for each minute of use translates to TZS 0.00413 per second, being that one full minute has 60 seconds!

FACT: All major cellular telephone companies are charging their customers TZS 1.00 per second (VAT exclusive) for voice usage. Can you compare the advantage of using Sasatel's TZS 0.000413 per second, over TZS 1.00 per second, for Airtel, Tigo, Vodacom and probably Zantel. I am not certain whether Zantel has the same offer. They probably do.

Ok. MY reasons for leaving Tigo are as following:

1. When I called a Tigo number, from my Tigo number (now deceased), 8 times out of 10, I received any one of the following responses: The number you are calling is not reachable. The number you are calling does not exist. The number you are calling is busy.

2. To verify the truth, I would re-test the same with my wife's Tigo number, which would be, at the time, ACTIVE and ONLINE, meaning, neither busy nor switched off. The experiment - no research, no right to speak - showed similar results. So, the problem lies with Tigo's quality of service.

3. Often, when on an actual (after three or four tries to get the person at the other end) call, either the call would be suddenly dropped or some strange noises would be heard, thereafter, the call would be dropped. This forced me to re-dial the number, which means, lost credit because when the interference takes place, the credit keeps being deducted.

4. Sometimes, text messages either take more than 6 hours to be delivered, or dont get delivered at all. I just got a complaint, from a good friend of mine, that they didnt receive the important text message I sent them LAST NIGHT, more than 24 hours ago!

Now that you KNOW why I am leaving, probably some of you have experienced the same problems, and you are waiting for a way out.

I am going to negotiate this migration proposal to Sasatel, for the following package:

Name of Package: Special Migration Promotional Offer (Tigo to Sasatel)

1. For every Tigo SIM card deposited at ANY Sasatel office/shop in Dar es Salaam, a discount of TZS 20,000 will be issued towards the purchase of a new Tigo handset

2. For every Sasatel SIM card acquired, TZS 2,500 of airtime will be credited to the account, PROVIDED that the new account is REGISTERED on the spot! So, please (when you hear the word GO, make sure you have your original ID card, such as the Voter's Registration Card or other forms of ID, and the photocopy of the same) make sure you go there with your IDs!

3. Yes, some of you are going to say: But Sasatel does not have an extended reach outside of Dar es Salaam. Well, ask yourselves this: How long has Sasatel been offering their UNBEATABLE services? CDMA is higher in quality than GSM/GPRS/EDGE combined! I am a Data Communications expert; I know what I am talking about! If you HAD jointed, probably today, Sasatel would have expanded to HALF of Tanzania's territory. You dont support Sasatel which is a truly Tanzanian network, founded by Tanzanians who have joined up with their fellow foreign investors. The owners of Sasatel's parent company, Dovetel, ARE Tanzanians by birth! Who are the owners of Tigo, Airtel and Vodacom?

At any rate, so what if Sasatel is only available in Dar es Salaam? Doesnt it connect to other networks? Where do YOU live? The majority of Tanzania's mobile users (some 60-70%) LIVE in Dar es Salaam! At any rate, it would still be cheaper to call other networks FROM Sasatel, than TO Sasatel! LOL

I'm already lined up to get TWO Sasatel handsets, on Friday, December 10, 2010. One for me, one for my wife. And I will load them up with TZS 2,500 each, so that we can call each other without worrying WHEN our credit is going to run out, FOR A WHOLE WEEK! Can you beat that offer?

If you're willing to continue TORTURING yourself, with Tigo's VERY POOR SERVICES, go ahead! Nobody's stopping you! I KNOW Tigo will probably want to SUE me, for spoiling their name and ruining their business, but they are going to have a hard time PROVING that what I have said ISN'T true! I know some of you are frustrated, but you still cling to that Tigo number, as if it is the most important thing in your life? It ISN'T! A number is a number is a number is a number! You can ALSO migrate to Sasatel with your number, if that's a problem!

I have ALREADY stopped using Tigo's mobile telephony services. I never used their data services; I could never configure my Samsung mobile phone to their Internet portal. So I gave up. Even THEY couldnt do it! LOL

I am a holder of a Sasatel EVDO USB modem, which has enormously large speeds! I am waiting for their new packages, which I heard will be announced next week. The better keeps getting better!

What are you waiting for? I have made the switch! If you LOVE yourself, please stop TORTURING yourself!

Count me in also!!!! Kwanza Tigo ukipiga huwezi ongea kwa dakika mbili bila kukatika katika au unaanza kusikia mikoromo ya ajabu

Watu wajanja bwana, wanataka kufanya biashara mchana kweupe! Mtoa mada tuambie haya yote uliyoyasema je line hii naweza kuitumia kwenye handset yangu hii ya GSM?
Yaani ninunue handset mpya kwa ajili tu nitumie 2500 kwa wiki!, kama nina tatizo la ukata si bora nipunguze matumizi yangu tu. Hupati mtu, labda mtoe handset bure.

On a serious note....hivi Sasatel ipo kweli? Siisiki kabisa! With the 'half a shilling' offer from Airtel and Tigo...I doubt Sasatel will exist in the next 6 - 12 months.

Ulianza kueleweka lakini umeharibu eti sasatel ni ya wazawa. Umepima mchango wa Sasatel kwenye ajira na kodi kwa serikali vs other companies au mtizamo wako ni uzawa tu. Fanya utafiti uje siku nyingine kwa sasa lala

So far cjui kuhusu sim card na ubora wa huduma zao. Lakini kwa data aah jamaa ni unbeatable. Mi nilikuwa mteja wao wa mwanzoni walipoingia sokoni,nikanunua evdo,kwakweli cjawahai juta ipo veery fast na price yake ni reasonable hasa ukijiunga na data bundle

may be iko very fast kwa sababu probably wateja ni wachache as compared 2 bandwith! Hata hivyo mtoa mada anatakiwa kujifunza kitu kinachoitwa switching cost ya mteja kuidamp tigo or any other service provider na ukizingatia usumbufu wa siku hizi wa kusajili, ku-notify jamaa zako change of sim card na mengine yafananayo! To be honest sasatel bado ku-convince the masses!

Aaah uja nishawishi bado nitumie mtandao unaoishia magomeni? Handset zenyewe za CDMA ni chache kwa tz,labda mngekuja na teknologia ya gsm mngepata wateja.

Tigo ni mtandao wa watoto wa SHULE!ingawa wamesaidia sana kuwa pressure kina airtel voda kupunguza gharama walizokua wanaibia wananchi

Maelezo mazuri lakini pamoja na ufafanuzi kwamba hauna mahusiano na makampuni hasimu ya tigo,mashambulizi na debe la moja kwa moja yanafanya uonekane kama mwenye maslahi si kama mteja bali kama mfanya biashara.Biashara huria,wauzaji wengi,wanunuzi wengi lakini kila mmoja ana kigezo cha maamuzi na si lazima kigezo cha mwenzio kifanane na chako.Wasalaam ndugu.

I am sure ALL of you have many reasons to stop using Tigo's mobile telephony services, but before I tell you why, try and do the math (yourselves) on what Sasatel is offering, as a standard package. (Caution: I am neither a representative nor spokesperson nor employee of Sasatel. Just a normal client!)

Sasatel is offering a service which allows you to activate a bundle that costs you TZS 2,500/= (VAT inclusive), giving you UNLIMITED CALLS, Sasatel to Sasatel, for one week! Now let us all do the math.

TZS 2,500/= divided by 7 days gives you TZS 357.14

TZS 357.14 for daily use translates to TZS 14.88 per hour, being that one full day has 24 hours.

TZS 14.88 for hourly use translates to TZS 0.25 (rounded) per minute, being that one full hour has 60 minutes.

TZS 0.25 for each minute of use translates to TZS 0.00413 per second, being that one full minute has 60 seconds!

FACT: All major cellular telephone companies are charging their customers TZS 1.00 per second (VAT exclusive) for voice usage. Can you compare the advantage of using Sasatel's TZS 0.000413 per second, over TZS 1.00 per second, for Airtel, Tigo, Vodacom and probably Zantel. I am not certain whether Zantel has the same offer. They probably do.

Ok. MY reasons for leaving Tigo are as following:

1. When I called a Tigo number, from my Tigo number (now deceased), 8 times out of 10, I received any one of the following responses: The number you are calling is not reachable. The number you are calling does not exist. The number you are calling is busy.

2. To verify the truth, I would re-test the same with my wife's Tigo number, which would be, at the time, ACTIVE and ONLINE, meaning, neither busy nor switched off. The experiment - no research, no right to speak - showed similar results. So, the problem lies with Tigo's quality of service.

3. Often, when on an actual (after three or four tries to get the person at the other end) call, either the call would be suddenly dropped or some strange noises would be heard, thereafter, the call would be dropped. This forced me to re-dial the number, which means, lost credit because when the interference takes place, the credit keeps being deducted.

4. Sometimes, text messages either take more than 6 hours to be delivered, or dont get delivered at all. I just got a complaint, from a good friend of mine, that they didnt receive the important text message I sent them LAST NIGHT, more than 24 hours ago!

Now that you KNOW why I am leaving, probably some of you have experienced the same problems, and you are waiting for a way out.

I am going to negotiate this migration proposal to Sasatel, for the following package:

Name of Package: Special Migration Promotional Offer (Tigo to Sasatel)

1. For every Tigo SIM card deposited at ANY Sasatel office/shop in Dar es Salaam, a discount of TZS 20,000 will be issued towards the purchase of a new Tigo handset

2. For every Sasatel SIM card acquired, TZS 2,500 of airtime will be credited to the account, PROVIDED that the new account is REGISTERED on the spot! So, please (when you hear the word GO, make sure you have your original ID card, such as the Voter's Registration Card or other forms of ID, and the photocopy of the same) make sure you go there with your IDs!

3. Yes, some of you are going to say: But Sasatel does not have an extended reach outside of Dar es Salaam. Well, ask yourselves this: How long has Sasatel been offering their UNBEATABLE services? CDMA is higher in quality than GSM/GPRS/EDGE combined! I am a Data Communications expert; I know what I am talking about! If you HAD jointed, probably today, Sasatel would have expanded to HALF of Tanzania's territory. You dont support Sasatel which is a truly Tanzanian network, founded by Tanzanians who have joined up with their fellow foreign investors. The owners of Sasatel's parent company, Dovetel, ARE Tanzanians by birth! Who are the owners of Tigo, Airtel and Vodacom?

At any rate, so what if Sasatel is only available in Dar es Salaam? Doesnt it connect to other networks? Where do YOU live? The majority of Tanzania's mobile users (some 60-70%) LIVE in Dar es Salaam! At any rate, it would still be cheaper to call other networks FROM Sasatel, than TO Sasatel! LOL

I'm already lined up to get TWO Sasatel handsets, on Friday, December 10, 2010. One for me, one for my wife. And I will load them up with TZS 2,500 each, so that we can call each other without worrying WHEN our credit is going to run out, FOR A WHOLE WEEK! Can you beat that offer?

If you're willing to continue TORTURING yourself, with Tigo's VERY POOR SERVICES, go ahead! Nobody's stopping you! I KNOW Tigo will probably want to SUE me, for spoiling their name and ruining their business, but they are going to have a hard time PROVING that what I have said ISN'T true! I know some of you are frustrated, but you still cling to that Tigo number, as if it is the most important thing in your life? It ISN'T! A number is a number is a number is a number! You can ALSO migrate to Sasatel with your number, if that's a problem!

I have ALREADY stopped using Tigo's mobile telephony services. I never used their data services; I could never configure my Samsung mobile phone to their Internet portal. So I gave up. Even THEY couldnt do it! LOL

I am a holder of a Sasatel EVDO USB modem, which has enormously large speeds! I am waiting for their new packages, which I heard will be announced next week. The better keeps getting better!

What are you waiting for? I have made the switch! If you LOVE yourself, please stop TORTURING yourself!

MwanaHaki lets be realistic naomba uniambie kama hao Sasatel hata hapo Bagamoyo wanafika because the last time I remember hata Pugu yenyewe kulikuwa hakuna network ya Sasatel so how do you convince someone to move from one network to another, Pili since they started business huu ni mwaka wa pili sasa hawajaenda mkoa hata mmoja wamejaribu kuomba mkopo benki zimewakatalia.

Ukimuweka Sasatel na VODA, TIGO, ZANTEL NA AIRTEL kwa ushindani i dont know if they will last long.

For this ninasema hoja yako bado haina mashiko

hivi wewe unazungumzia tigo simu au TIGO ipi?? sijakufahamuu bado sheikh

MwanaHaki lets be realistic naomba uniambie kama hao Sasatel hata hapo Bagamoyo wanafika because the last time I remember hata Pugu yenyewe kulikuwa hakuna network ya Sasatel so how do you convince someone to move from one network to another, Pili since they started business huu ni mwaka wa pili sasa hawajaenda mkoa hata mmoja wamejaribu kuomba mkopo benki zimewakatalia.

Ukimuweka Sasatel na VODA, TIGO, ZANTEL NA AIRTEL kwa ushindani i dont know if they will last long.

For this ninasema hoja yako bado haina mashiko
sasatel iko mkoa gani?

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom