The 10 best wedding movies

Dr. Chapa Kiuno

JF-Expert Member
Sep 11, 2009
We love a great wedding movie. The romance, the dress, the planning, the in-laws--some of the best wedding films add a heavy dose of comedy to the marriage preparations. Soon-to-be-wed Khloe Kardashian (she's marrying Lamar Odom of the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday) just wrote a blog post about her all time favorite wedding movies. She's still filming her reality show, and after only one month of dating about a week to plan a huge wedding bash with a celebrity guest list, we'd be willing to bet her own reality show will capture some fascinating and hilarious moments.

"Getting married or not, I always LOVE wedding movies!" says 25-year-old Kardashian. "There are so many genres — happy, sad, romantic or funny, I love them all! So without further ado, I give you my Top 10 Wedding Movies!!!"

Khloe's picks:
1. "Father of the Bride"
2. "The Wedding Planner"
3. "My Best Friend's Wedding"
4. "Maid of Honor"
5. "Fools Rush In"
6. "Clueless" ("wedding at the end LOL," she writes)
7. "Wedding Crashers"
8. "The Princess Bride"
9. "The Wedding Singer"
10. "Sweet Home Alabama"

These are some pretty decent choices, and we 100% agree that "Father of the Bride" is the best. We laugh and tear up every time we watch! We'd probably put "My Best Friend's Wedding," "Wedding Crashers," "The Princess Bride," and "The Wedding Singer" on our list too. The others are OK, but "Clueless," isn't really a wedding movie.

Some other awesome wedding movies we love that could potentially make our list: “My Big Fat Greek Wedding,” "It Had to be You," "Muriel's Wedding," "Honeymoon in Vegas," "Four Weddings and a Funeral," "The Birdcage," "Meet the Parents," "Monsoon Wedding," "In and Out," “Everyone Says I Love You,” "Love Story," and "Corpse Bride."

What are your favorite wedding movies of all time?

This was evidently written by some Bridezilla!

bridezilla.jpg