Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Thaksin Shinawatra launches Go Lotto in Uganda

Discussion in 'Biashara, Uchumi na Ujasiriamali' started by ByaseL, Feb 19, 2010.

1. B

ByaseL JF-Expert Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was in the country to officially launch Go Lotto, the latest gambling craze in town. Shinawatra who is the Chairman Advisory Board, Global PS Lotto, handed five boda boda to lucky winners and a Toyota double cabin to Saadi Kigozi. “Each time I come here I appreciate more and more why Uganda is known as the Pearl of Africa. I am very excited about launching this service in Uganda and I hope that Go Lotto will benefit the people of Uganda,” said Shinawatra.

He said that Global PS Lotto Investment chose Uganda after he has tested lotto with people in his country and hopes it will assist in developing the lives of the people of Uganda. A significant portion of all the proceeds [30% of net proceeds] from the sale of Go Lotto tickets will be used to develop social and other programmes in Uganda and supporting the education, sports and health sectors.

“I feel very passionate in these areas and with my experience in Thailand where I introduced lotto while still the prime minister and got millions in revenue that I used to develop the said sectors, I hope by bringing Go Lotto to Uganda similar benefits can be achieved even here,” he said.

WHO IS SHINAWATRA

Born in1949, Thaksin Shinawatra is a businessman who was Prime Minister of Thailand from 2001 to 2006 until he was deposed in a military coup and was later charged with corruption.
    Before that, Shinawatra was a successful telecom entrepreneur and one of the richest people in Thailand.