Teachers needed in Tanzania....asema VP Kalonzo Musyoka

Smatta,

What matters here and raises need for objectivity ni swala la syllabus/curriculum. Ubavu mmoja kuna 8-4-4 na ubavu wa pili kuna 7-6-3.Ukiangalia hapo unaona fundamental difference ambayo hawa viongozi wawili hawakuijadili na I believe its for matters of political expediency that Kalonzo uttered those words...sioni sababu nyengine.

Kisha I will side with all those who are saying Kenyan teachers cannot teach in Tanzania based on this and the fact that the GOT cannot afford to pay them as expatriates so to speak. Ndiposa unasikia watu wakisema 'watakwenda private schools'...which is very true based on the facts on the ground. Most Kenyan teachers ambao wapo Tanzania wanafundisha in such na sijui kama kuna mfano wa mwalimu
yeyote wa Kikenya ambae anafundisha national syllabus ya Tanzania. (Kama yupo naomba mtu anajuze na shule anakopatia unga na kama anafundisha in kiswahili au English). Mama Rwakatare alikua amewajaza wengi katika shule yake kule Tabata na walikua wanafundisha primari na somo lao kuu lilikua kingereza...mbinu ya huyu mama kuwalaghai wabongo kua kuongea kiinglishi nd'o kufikia 'international standards'. Tatizo ni kua watu walikua wakipatikana na huu mtego ambao kwa kweli ni utapeli mtupu.

Kujisifu kua 'elimu yetu ni bora kuliko yenu' ni sawa na kusema 'my mother is a better cook than your mother'. good analogy, tuna 'pigana' na kutusiana hapa kwenye forum lakini we don't step out of our comfort zones and do any thing about anything. the debate of who is better than the other one will never end. everyone thinks that theirs is the best. Instead we should focus on what we can actually learn from each other. we as EAricans have along way to go. To digress, This EAC can be mutually beneficial if we identify areas that need improvement among our selves and actually work on it.

You know that argument will never cease. I will grant you the fact that in Kenya there was a time when the pursuit of knowledge was encouraged and prioritised by the Moi regime. Having taken over from Kenyatta who inturn had taken over from the mkoloni, Moi encouraged people to go to school and he personally went around building schools and posting teachers to educate the populace. However that dream, kama wewe una umri mkubwa unakumbuka was curtailed by the 'Western Powers' walipoleta zile structural adjustment programs. Couple that with the fact that power had 'gone into Moi's head' and misgovernance and corruption abounded...education took a back burner for a while. The standards of education zikashuka to an extent maana the challenges exceeded the government resources. The posting of teachers was frozen a for while na hata even of they did it it would be on a minimal level....Kids would do exams and pass lakini there was no space in the Universities around...those who would graduate would come out and lack employment and other avenues of pursuing their dreams. I dont see Kibaki and his coalition having a different approach to the goings on and he is more interested in hanging onto political power at whatever cost.

Kwa hivyo point yangu ni kuonyesha kua kuna challenges on both sides of this thing lakini hii kujisifu eti 'kwetu ni kuzuri kuliko kwenu' will not wash. Kuna jamaa hapo juu anatakulata spin za kipuzi eti wakenya are better than Tanzanians in Kiswahili!...I almost choked over my own saliva. Not in a million years!!!! Mtanzania kama keshakuzidi kuongea basi ujue na kuandika pia keshakupiga dole! Acha ilale hio.

As Nyaralego opined what should be the discussion is Kalonzo's recklessness in making comments that have ramifications across the border. Hii biashara nyengine sio muhimu.

Siku njema.

I do believe that there's more to Kalonzo's utturences than meets the eye. It's not about teachers at all. He is 'buying' face with the many unemployed teachers in KE in prepartion for 2012. It's always about politics. If KE has a shortage of teachers as well why then export them to a neighbouring country? He is campaigning for JK from across the border WHY? He is looking for an ally. Wait and watch how things unfold.

Nina swali. Ni wangapi hapa ambao ni wataalam wa mtaala (curriculum) ama washawahi kushirikishwa katika uundaji wa curriculum inayotumiwa huko Tanzania? I think the main problem here is that far too many people are pretending to be knowledgeable in education matters. Most of you guys lack the wherewithal to determine what is good for you and your kids. I am sure your government hired education experts to advice them on the issue. You should have some faith in your experts.

Hii thread mmejaza porojo tu. BTW, the fact that we have a different system from yours doesn't change the content taught in your public schools. Knowledge is knowledge, it doesn't matter how you re-arrange the years. Kenya sends the highest number of students to US Universities, na sidhani hii ingewezekana kama system yetu ni mbovu kama majamaa wengine hapa wana-insinuate

Overrepresentation of Kenyan Students in Colleges and Universities in the United States: An Unscientific Examination :: Holler Africa - Make Yourself Heard!

MkenyaMzalendo,

Aloo stop being myopic nanii...different systems teach different things. Thats why the use of the word 'different' is key. Write down the subjects that Kenyan students take between form 1 and form 4 then compare that to Tanzania...you will see a difference. I'm not talking about the years spent in school but I am refering to the difference in syllabus/curricullar. Mbona ishu simpo kama hii unaleta ubishi?

Kwa taarifa yako Im a trained, tested and qualified teacher, thanks to the generosity of your colleges. I have taught on both sides of the border and I have participated in curricular development fora too. Kwa hiyo when I tell you there are fundamental differences I know what I'm talking about na sio porojo kama unavyotaka watu waamini. Why are you assuming that everybody posting here doesn't know what they are talking about? That is very condensending to say the least and its not cool.

Kisha katika kuleta spin nyengine unaanza kuambatanisha hoja ya Kenyan Students in US Universities. What is the relevance of that? I have not said Kenya's system of Education is bad as compared to Tanzania, the thing is that they are different and they are tailored to cater for the needs of each individual country. Just like I opined earlier, hii kitu mnaleta hapa kwamba you are better than Tanzanians will not wash and I'm saying it again...IT WILL NOT WASH!

I do believe that there's more to Kalonzo's utturences than meets the eye. It's not about teachers at all. He is 'buying' face with the many unemployed teachers in KE in prepartion for 2012. It's always about politics. If KE has a shortage of teachers as well why then export them to a neighbouring country? He is campaigning for JK from across the border WHY? He is looking for an ally. Wait and watch how things unfold.

He reminds me of the Moi days when his kinfolk were dying of hunger but for purposes of gaining political mileage akakataa kata kata kwamba Ukambani kuna njaa. To make it even worse I remember Moi selling tons of maize to Zambia na jamaa wanakufa Kenya. Talk of misplaced priorities by these leaders.

Nadhani he is flexing for 2012 and he is trying to look relevant or maybe after JK rigs the election atakuja kuleta 'muafaka' as was the case in Kenya walipoiba kura za Raila.

MkenyaMzalendo,

Aloo stop being myopic nanii...different systems teach different things. Thats why the use of the word 'different' is key. Write down the subjects that Kenyan students take between form 1 and form 4 then compare that to Tanzania...you will see a difference. I'm not talking about the years spent in school but I am refering to the difference in syllabus/curricullar. Mbona ishu simpo kama hii unaleta ubishi?

Kwa taarifa yako Im a trained, tested and qualified teacher, thanks to the generosity of your colleges. I have taught on both sides of the border and I have participated in curricular development fora too. Kwa hiyo when I tell you there are fundamental differences I know what I'm talking about na sio porojo kama unavyotaka watu waamini. Why are you assuming that everybody posting here doesn't know what they are talking about? That is very condensending to say the least and its not cool.

Kisha katika kuleta spin nyengine unaanza kuambatanisha hoja ya Kenyan Students in US Universities. What is the relevance of that? I have not said Kenya's system of Education is bad as compared to Tanzania, the thing is that they are different and they are tailored to cater for the needs of each individual country. Just like I opined earlier, hii kitu mnaleta hapa kwamba you are better than Tanzanians will not wash and I'm saying it again...IT WILL NOT WASH!

Sawasawa Abuu..

Tatizo la ndugu zetu hawa ni kwamba baadhi yao wanaona kama wao ni matawi sana. Wanataka kupondea na kujitilia ndimu kama wao ni mayahudi flani hivi upstairs, they are ahead of everyoneelse in Africa..mimi hainiumizi kichwa kama mtu anatumia ecstacy pills..ila hatutoacha kusema the facts, the obvious facts.

Tatizo la walimu Tz, it is not due kwamba watz ni wavivu au hawana akili ya kufaulu, au hawapendi kufanya kazi kuhitaji technicality. To me I see it more as a failure by the government ku-organise resources. Kuna vijana willing wa kufanya hizo kazi, manpower is not an issue in Tz, na ninao uhakika kuna uwezekano wa kuraise funds kuwatrain na kuwalipa hao walimu mishahara na incentives. Kinachokosekana ni mipango sahihi na watu sahihi wa kutaga hayo mawazo. Its down to poor leadership, Gvt wanajenga shule za sekondari kila kata huku hawajui the obvious bindings kwamba shule si majengo tu, bali ni vitabu, walimu etc etc. Sasa deficit ya walimu inapokuwa kubwa ndio wanagutushwa na kukurupuka kama mtu ndotoni na hizi alternatives za ajabu.

Kamusi ni kitabu kinachoeleza maana ya msamiati. Neno "kurejerea" sio msamiati mbali ni neno linaloashiria kitendo. Kama sijakosea maneno kama haya huitwa vitenzi.

Nimetafuta neno hili kwa google search na matokeo yanaashiria kuwa ni neno linalotumika katika lugha.

Kuna watu wanayeweza kutafsiri aya hii ? | The Kamusi Project
Ngoja nikuelimishe MkenyaM. Kamusi ni kitabu cha kufafanua maana ya maneno. hivyo kwenye kamusi utakutana na maneno yote i.e. mageni kwako na yasiyo mageni pia.

Kuhusu msamiati, maana yake ni neno geni kwako. mathalani, neno kung'atuka linaweza kuwa msamiati au neno jipya kwako, lkn kwa watanzania hilo ni neno la kawaida.

Halafu pia, kuna maneno ambayo yanatumika sana katika jamii au nchi nzima, lkn hayapo kwenye kamusi ya lugha ya kiswahili, mfano ngangali, au yuko/niko gado. MANENO HAYA HUITWA MISIMU. na aghalabu huishi kwa muda fulani baadaye hufa na kupotea.

Pia kuna maneno ambayo hayapo kwenye kamusi, lkn hutumika sana kwenye maeneo fulani. mathalani kwenye shule za sekondari kuna maneno kadhaa ambayo watu wa eneo hilo ndiyo wanaoelewa maana yake. mfano tulivyokuwa shule fulani, tukisema tamsala tulikuwa tukielewana kama wanafunzi maana yake ni nini. Hata wale waliopitia jeshini (JKT) watakubaliana nami kuhusu maneno ambayo walikuwa wakiyatumia jeshini lkn mtu ambaye si wa jamii ile hawezi kuelewa. MANENO KAMA HAYA HUITWA VITARAFA.
ukiwa na swali zaidi unaweza kuuliza

Leo nimekuelezea:
1. Misimu.
2. Vitarafa.

LAKINI PIA KUNA MADA ZINAZOENDANA NA HIZO KAMA.
1. Miviga.
2. Sanaa na maonesho.
3. Mapokeo.
4. Matambiko.
Na nyingine nyingi zenye kuvutia.

Tz hakuna uhaba wa walimu bali kuna uwingi wa wanafunzi: kenya kuna uhaba wa wanafunzi.

Back
Top Bottom