Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

TCCIA firm to invest more in agriculture

Discussion in 'Biashara, Uchumi na Ujasiriamali' started by Geza Ulole, Aug 6, 2010.

1. G

Geza Ulole JF-Expert Member

Aug 6, 2010
    By a Correspondent, 5th August 2010 @ 12:00, Total Comments: 0, Hits: 52

THE TCCIA Investment Company, a subsidiary company of The Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA), is keen to exploit opportunities availed by 'Kilimo Kwanza' initiative.

The firm's Board Chairman, Mr Elvis Musiba, told the shareholders at the fifth Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Dar es Salaam on Thursday that through capitalising on opportunities available under 'Kilimo Kwanza' they would soon raise dividends of shareholders.

“We (shareholders) have to learn and understand that the country's economic focus
    has been directed to agriculture and animal husbandry, hence we have also to direct our efforts to the sector," Mr Musiba said.

He said the government in its 2010/2011 budget has increased the budget allocation to the agricultural sector to attract more investors in the sector.

“I assure you my collegues (shareholders) if we are going to be committed to utilise opportunities existing in 'Kilimo Kwanza' by directing our resources dividends given to shareholders will go up within a short time," Mr Musiba who is also the former President of TCCIA, said.

According to Mr Musiba, the government has already established the bank that would be tasked to handle all issues relating to agriculture.

He cited the Mang'ola area in Karatu where onions are grown in a large scale and the products are bought by traders from Kenya and resold at highly competitive prices abroad.

“I want to speak this openly that Kenyans buy onions grown at Mang'ola in Karatu and earn 100 million US dollars from foreign markets and we (Tanzanians) turn to be spectators," he said.

He also underscored the need of putting more emphasis on agro-processing to add value in agricultural products.

"As I am talking today (yesterday) the company has 2,500 shareholders countrywide
    and the number is encouraging,” the chairman stressed.

Earlier, the Firm's Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Mr Donald Kamori said the firm relies heavily to boost its capital through sale of shares.

“If you recall in previous meetings, the shareholders directed us to raise the firm's capital base by investing in mining, onions and rice business," Mr Kamori said.
    Daily News | TCCIA firm to invest more in agriculture

MY TAKE: Kuna umuhimu wa kuipa CCM miaka mingine mitano kweli?
  2. M

Malila JF-Expert Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Kama wamegeukia kilimo itakuwa afadhali,wanaweza kufanya kitu.