Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Tasks of general manager

Discussion in 'Biashara, Uchumi na Ujasiriamali' started by Ella Pacey, Dec 20, 2011.

1. E

Ella Pacey Member

Dec 20, 2011
    I remember in a topic, someone ask general job description. I've found an article tasks of general manager. I post here and hope that it's helpful for others.
    • Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services.
    • Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
    • Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
    • Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
    • Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
    • Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
    • Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
    • Plan and direct activities such as sales promotions, coordinating with other department heads as required.
    • Determine goods and services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand.
    • Locate, select, and procure merchandise for resale, representing management in purchase negotiations.
    Source:General manager job description

Best rgs!

2. Daniel Anderson

Daniel Anderson JF-Expert Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Thanx mkuu

3. S

Sometimes JF-Expert Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Kwa maneno mengine ni too general!