Tasks of general manager

Ella Pacey

Dec 7, 2011
I remember in a topic, someone ask general job description. I've found an article tasks of general manager. I post here and hope that it's helpful for others.
  • Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services.
  • Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
  • Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
  • Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
  • Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
  • Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
  • Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
  • Plan and direct activities such as sales promotions, coordinating with other department heads as required.
  • Determine goods and services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand.
  • Locate, select, and procure merchandise for resale, representing management in purchase negotiations.
Source:General manager job description

Best rgs!

Back
Top Bottom