Maxence Melo

JF Founder
Feb 10, 2006
01_10_6s7wmx.jpg

Lilian Mduda

Written by NELLY MTEMA,
20th January 2010
Daily News

TANZANIA’S Lilian Mduda (21), has secured a slot for the Face of Africa finals planned for Lagos, Nigeria on February 6.

Lilian told journalists in Dar es Salaam today that she was proud to be among ten finalists for the grand finale, where winner of the model Search final will take home 50, 000 US dollar cash prize and a modelling contract with Oluchi‘s O Model Africa.

“I have trained well and every photo-shoot, every fashion fitting and every single time I get onto the catwalk, I live my dream because of Face of Africa,” she said.

“I have come a long way from the Face of Africa Boot Camp, which kicked off with 24 models from 16 countries - but after a tough week of challenges, tasks and no shortage of drama, only 10 made it for the finals and thank God I’m among them,” she said.

Lilian, a University of Dar es Salaam Undergraduate student is expected to depart next Tuesday for South Africa, where all the finalists would meet before heading to Nigeria.

The designers who would dress the models during the finals among others is a Tanzanian Anisa Mpungwe, based in South Africa.

Other contestants are 19-year-old Benedicta from Ghana, Blessing a 21-year-old model from Lagos, Nigeria, 22-year-old Diana is a fourth year B.Comm student from Kakamega, Kenya and an 18-year-old Mozambican Ernania, Esperanca- nicknamed Hope -who hails from Luanda, Angola.

The list also includes Lukundo from Kabwe, Zambia, Marvis a 20-year-old model/student from Delta State, Nigeria, Nardos a 19-year-old student from Ethiopia, Zimbabwean Roseanna from Harare, 22-year-old South African finalist Thembi, and 23-year-old Tholakele from Harare, Zimbabwe who also happens to be the oldest Face of Africa 2010 finalist.

Among Tanzanian models that had made names in the Face of Africa include Miriam Odemba and Irene Ngowi. Multichoice Marketing Manager, Furaha Samalu said the show is aimed at helping girls to become successful models. She said contestants are always trained in all aspects of life.

..........Mhhh!! Kigezo haswa sijui kilikuwa nini hapo, sijui huo wembamba maana yake:eek:

Hivi hawa vizura wa M-Net lazima wawe na sura ngumu? Au wameweka nywele vibaya? Au ndio modern fashion?

Wishing her success.....
But she is way too far from my own specs.

Sitaki kuwa too rude lakini kwa kweli sijui ni nini wanaangalia katika kuwachagua hawa walimbwende maana hapo kwa kweli sijui!

Back
Top Bottom