Tanzania's Leadership and The Power Crisis in Tanzania: Who is responsible?

Rev. Kishoka

JF-Expert Member
Mar 7, 2006
This is not a joke but we are in serious trouble and it appears that nobody has a clue on how to resolve the power crisis or there is no political will to address this with long term goals.

It is now almost 25 years since we started to experience "normal" power outages and we have lost billions of dollars through bogus contracts, lawsuits and decline of revenues which are due to a severe decline in production caused by power outages.

The "best" we have done is to do patch work and strategies to power Tanzanian homes, offices and industries, but even this short term goal is clouded with an "Excellent" degree of corruption and inefficiency from the policy makers and the Government to ensure that the problem get fixed permanently and not through short term contracts or importation of 3 horsepower generators to light our houses, hospitals and schools.

We do not need rocket science methods or superhuman brains to figure this out. We need for our Government to address this not through lavish speeches and tons of committees or task force, but to put its foot down and resolve the problem for good.

We have abundance of alternatives to fix this problem, invest on building Steigler Gorge, privatise the energy sector by ending TANESCO monopoly as power producer (distributor), end and stay away from the short term goals and band aid fixtures that brought us IPTL, Richmond and Dowans and invest more into Green Energy.

If Kenyans, Ugandans, Rwandese and Mozambique can do it, why not Tanzania? What is so hard to fix this?

Can we put aside the partisan bickering and come up with a long term strategy and comprehensive plan to electrify Tanzania?

We do not need rocket science methods or superhuman brains to figure this out. We need for our Government to address this not through lavish speeches and tons of committees or task force, but to put its foot down and resolve the problem for good.

HAkuna anaye fikri hayo bali wanachojali ni mifuko yao na source ya kujipatia hela kwa wingi kwa ajili ya uchaguzi na familia zao....

We have abundance of alternatives to fix this problem, invest on building Steigler Gorge, privatise the energy sector by ending TANESCO monopoly as power producer (distributor), end and stay away from the short term goals and band aid fixtures that brought us IPTL, Richmond and Dowans and invest more into Green Energy.

Rubada, wataalam,wazalendo wanasiasa wameimba kuhusu stiegler gorge kwa miaka lakini sijawahi kusikia wabunge wakisisitizia hilo suala

This is a national security issue, just like a Cholera, TB or AIDS outbreak. We need to treat it with high importance.

Our local professionals are like politicians, That's why we have problems in every sector. You have mentioned electricity as a national dissaster, However there are similar problems in water and sanitation, health care, transportation, information, education, justice, and the list goes on.
THERE IS A SYSTEMIC FAILURE IN THE COUNTRY AND THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED SOONER THAN LATER.

Lets get to the point!
How much is needed to develop S.gorge?
How long can it take to see electric power generation from S.gorge?
My point is;we have to ask ourselves very SPECIFIC questions if we seriously want to stop power blackout.
STOP POLITICS FELLOW TANZANIANS!!

I believe the solution goes beyond that ( I have interpreted that government means the executive branch). Personally, I am in of the opinion that every civil servant needs to resign!

I agree with you,it is the civil servant arm that failed to lead these ****** politicians.

I believe the solution goes beyond that ( I have interpreted that government means the executive branch). Personally, I am in of the opinion that every civil servant needs to resign!
Once boss is square, the intermediates will get squared!

I am sorry to say that, We have left everything to politicians. They do whatever they want, they decide whatever is good for them for their long term interets. The professionals who are more likely to solve the technical problems and others define our own RULES for the country have been all "CHAKACHULIWAGED".

Now what is the solution?

Unfortunately, the situation seems to be more clear to the shuled people (few percentage) than unshuled people (large percentage). I suggest to say NO to this situation by demonstration into street forcing the government to step down and rebuild this country by defining our own rules and direction.

If Kenyans, Ugandans, Rwandese and Mozambique can do it, why not Tanzania? What is so hard to fix this?

Can we put aside the partisan bickering and come up with a long term strategy and comprehensive plan to electrify Tanzania?

What is so hard to fix is WE TANZANIANS!! yes, the solution is in our hands. if we can be fed with all this shit for all the years, if we can absorb MAISHA BORA KWA KILA MTANZANIA, meaning Maisha magumu na hali ngumu kwa kila mtanzania, then not only will it be hard to fix, but impossible. There should be a limit to what shit Tanzanians can eat...

The whole government need to resign!

i conquer .......who should come in or replace ....... i think now it is the right time to establish TBS to our leaders aspiring for positions... they should conform to set standards such as transparency and accountability

Let us stop yelling and blaming.we are supposed to suggest ways on how to deal with the power crisis.lets discuss the specifics of S.gorge,kiwira,upepo wa singida and the likes.

hilo Steigler Gorge lipo wapi? lina capacity kiasi gani? tuna uwezo wa kujenga na ku-supply umeme kutoka hapo?
privatisation ya umeme Tz haikuanza na richmond na dowans? wao wametupeleka wapi?
privatisation na kuvunja monopoly ni vitu viwili tofauti. sheria ya umeme sasa ivi inasema nini kuhusu kuwa suppliers wengine? wapi panahitaji kubadilishwa?

Back
Top Bottom