Tanzania's Kikwete defends Iran's nuclear effort, blames "big shots" on oil price

Buyaka

JF-Expert Member
Jul 29, 2010
Kikwete.jpg

`` I think you have heard, the big shots have a feud with Iran. Iranians are building facilities for producing electricity through nuclear energy. The big shots are saying, no, you are intending on manufacturing weapons, and Iranians are denying that claim, saying ``we just want to produce electricity.`` ``And they are pressing them relentlessly, they have sanctioned them and now they have come to oil sanctions, and in July we expect the sanctions to kick off. Iran is the second biggest producer of oil, after Saudi Arabia, if Iran's oil is yanked off the market the price of oil that you think is high now, I do not know what levels will be reached then.``

Source:
National address on commemoration of Labor Day, May 1st, 2012

My take: Tanzania may have a vested interest in the Iranian nuclear debacle. Being a potential major supplier of Uranium it stands to gain from trading with Iran, should the nuclear facilities start demanding the raw material once they start churning out nuclear energy. Or nuclear bombs. However Tanzania remains a desperately dependent economy supported by the same "big shots" that are trying to stifle Iran's nuclear agenda, receiving endless aid from mosquito nets to budget support. Thus Tanzania's move to side with Iran may be perceived as biting the hand that feeds it, and may prove ill advised.

tatizo lake hajui kama Iran ndio wanasapoti Zanzibar ijitenge na bara, mwacheni tu aendelee kuhangaika, hajui alitendalo.

Ukweli utabaki ukweli.....IRAN to this moment wanarutubisha uranium kwa ajili ya UMEME na wamemaster hiyo technology ni juzi tu ISRAEL wamesema IRAN haina silaha wala haijatengeneza hizo silaha na ata US wamesema IRAN haijatengeneza hizo silaha sasa sie tunaokua brainwashed ndo tunamhukumu IRAN mbona ISRAEL yeye ana silaha za Nyuklia? Ni dhahiri haya matatizo ya kupanda gharama za mafuta unategemea nini? imagine nchi km GREECE,SPAIN,italy nk unafikiri SAUD ARABIA ataweza kumudu gap la IRAN? Na sisi AFRICA je tutaweza kweli? US yeye km yeye ana mafuta mengi tu na bado mengine anapata CANADA,VENEZUELA,NIGERIA na SAUD ndo anae chafua hali ya dunia ...JK kwa hili amesema ukweli na wala hakuna hujuma yoyote ata km atawauzi wakubwa wake

I know President J Kikwete has an independent right to observe and comment personally what is in his perceptive mind!! BUT ... I really don't understand him completely his persistence on taking this pathway!!! ... I am watching!!

In this I support JK. Infact, JK's position is that of non-aligned nations inasmuch as Iran does not attempt to make nuclear weapons. So far no evidence that Iran has diverted material to make nuclear. The West's position is no more than a mere bullying. The West in turn are being bullied by Israel.

nchi maskini kama sisi hatutakiwi kujiingiza kwenye matatizo ya kimataifa na kutake side much less the inferior side hata kama wako right, saudi arabia being among the richest country wanaona madhara` ya kusupport iran kwani watabadilikiwa na west powers yet we have the audacity to side with iran!

Back
Top Bottom