Tanzania's Dar es Salaam port is victim of its own success

A living picture of Irresponsibility!

These guys are acquiring some personal benefits from such congestion of cargo at the port, otherwise they would have taken a step!!

Word Expertise!..Shame on zem!

He said that the curent steps is to prepare out of port godowns in order to reduce congestion, but they still looking for 300bilions as an expantion plan for the port to work better.

Jamaa kajitahidi sana kuelezea generally short term na long term plan.

Matatizo ya Bandarini yanunganisha TPA, container terminal (TICTS) na TRA, kwa hiyo unless solution inajumuisha sehemu zote hizi, utakuwa na bottleneck sehemu.

JK alivyofanya appointment ya DG mpya TPA alimrusha mtu asiye na strategic thinking aliyekuwa very junior (assistant port manager ambaye hata hakuwa kwenye board of directors wala kuwa na experience ya level hiyo). Hili ni tatizo la appointment za ajabu alilo nalo JK, sijui kwa nini ana appoint hawa mediocres.

jamaa amejitahidi kujielezea
kasema bandari inahitaji $3bn, more than 30% of the budget, can the country afford???
jayfour king
$3bn ni more than 3trillions za TZ na sio 300bn

Realistically $3b is not so much money for a project with its importance.all that is needed is a corruption free implementation of the project,

there are investors,looking at the potential of Dar port am sure JK can gather around $3B,cant he?!

its 6 landlocked counties,and all of them are depending on Dar port,am sure we can dig deep into their pockets to get the money required for this.

i would advice development of Mtwara and Tanga ports into world class ports as well,or some kind of division of cargo,DAR should handle ZAMBIA, and CONGO cargo's as well as Tanzania exports and imports(business nature), Mtwara should handle MALAWIs,and Tanga should handle Burundi,Uganda,Rwanda as well as Agricultural inputs from mainland Tanzania.

i know that needs a lot of restructuring but we both know DAR cant handle everything alone.

if we do this well,there is no reason to depend on tourism or minerals as we do,these 3 ports can turn Tanzania into a business HUB.we have very ambitious countries waiting to utilise our services to its full potential.but we fail ourselves.

and yes my clock is like 20 years ahead..,thinking future.

Back
Top Bottom