Tanzanians Lets Be Proud and Market This!!!

Ab-Titchaz

JF-Expert Member
Jan 30, 2008
Wakuu wana-JF,

katika pitapita zangu katika tovuti kadhaa niliwahii kukutana na picha aina za bongo zikiwemo
kama hizi hapa chini.Kweli nami nikakubali Bongo is a paradise in waiting.Changamoto ni kwamba we need to do a very aggressive
marketing campaign
il'mradi kuwafikia watani wetu wa jadi in tourism. The raw material is there in terms of huge game/wildlife numbers na mandhari.Lets brainstorm on this subject and see whats up.Naomba michango yenu.

320491227_fdd309b084_o.jpg

2187868283_857154a601_b.jpg

2229188845_30bcd06342_b.jpg

Kwa picha zaidi bonyeza hapa... EAY

Hi At!

I do not know who designed the ongoing adverts on CNN, even those posted on London buses; it seems we can offer to tourists only the disputed Mt Kilimanjaro, Zanzibar and Serengeti.

This is shame while we have other attractions to offer.

I proposed those adverts to be stopped and open tender called for people to re-design new adverts, which will cover a wide range of our attractions.

I love my mother land Tanzania, I believe that one day will deliver her true potentiality to the world.

God bless Tanzania.

Njimba

Hi At!

I do not know who designed the ongoing adverts on CNN, even those posted on London buses; it seems we can offer to tourists only the disputed Mt Kilimanjaro, Zanzibar and Serengeti.

I proposed those adverts to be stopped and open tender called for people to re-design new adverts, which will cover a wide range of our attractions.

I love my mother land Tanzania, I believe that one day will deliver her true potentiality to the world.

God bless Tanzania.

Njimba

Njimba, that is well spoken.

I have seen those adverts on CNN na kama usemavyo there
is more to show than Mt Kilimanjaro tu!Bongo ni kubwa aisee wee
acha tu.I have not seen them promote hunting safaris which are a big attraction to tourists.Whoever is concerned needs to pull up na kama kuna mtu anasoma hii kitu na anajuana huko kwa wakubwa basi wasilisha hoja!

The powers that be need to float tenders for people to engage in marketing Bongo...waprivatise hii shughuli kisha uone vile itanyumbuka!!!

Hi Ab-Titchaz,

The problem is, there are some people think that bongo belongs to themselves. Ndiyo maana wanafanya mambo kwa kuficha ficha halafu yanakuwa below standards, si unaona adverts kwenye CNN yaani aibu tupu, if you compare na matangazo ya nchi zingine kama: India, Montnegro, Malasya true asia, Egypt, etc, yaani ukiangalia na la kwetu aibu tu. A true wastage of our scarse resources.

Njimba

Hi Ab-Titchaz,

The problem is, there are some people think that bongo belongs to themselves. Ndiyo maana wanafanya mambo kwa kuficha ficha halafu yanakuwa below standards, si unaona adverts kwenye CNN yaani aibu tupu, if you compare na matangazo ya nchi zingine kama: India, Montnegro, Malasya true asia, Egypt, etc, yaani ukiangalia na la kwetu aibu tu. A true wastage of our scarse resources.

Njimba

Njimba mkuu mwenzangu,

Personally I would tell you sikujua Bongo inamandahri safi zaidi
ya Kilimanjaro na wale wildebeest shared between Kenya na Bongo.
Lakini nilipokurupukia hizi picha nikasema kudadeki jamani!!!.. kumbe Bongo is a paradise in waiting.

Lakini kama usemavyo kuhusu hao mabwana wanaozania Bongo ni yao
tu na si ya wananchi..hawa inabidi wakabiliwe kwa marefu na mapana.We need to privatise the advertising thing then set up
syatems of aggressive advertising and marketing of Tanzanian tourism..aghalabu na wabongo wenyewe na sio vibaraka vya hawa mafisadi.Tusipochunga hii dili utakuja sikia kapewa fisadi na kwa ubavu wake anakula na watu wenye uzalendo wa utata.

Our people need to wake up and smell the coffe kabla hajaja mhusika mwengine na kututia dole!

Ab-Titchaz

..ustaadh,

..hiyo picha ya tatu imenikumbusha safari za zenj!

..ni kweli tz kuna vivutio vingi na nafasi kadhaa za kupata masoko kutokanavyo.

..tatizo siasa,ubinafsi na ujinga[kutokuelewa] ndio vitu vilivyotuweka hapa tulipo!

..oh!bila kusahau uvivu!

Hi At!

God bless Tanzania.

Njimba

Njimba,

I am not sure as to whether your criticism is based on the content of the ads or the names Kilimanjaro Zanzibar and Serengeti .If it is the name then I do support the effort.In advertisement due to some constraints people cannot always display all the features of a product, so they settle with going with the most recognizable features.In Tanzania tourism there is nothing more recognizable or selling than those three names.

First we were complaining that Tanzania is not advertising Kilimanjaro, giving the Kenyans undue advantage for some mountain that they only have lower slopes, now that we are doing the right thing people are still fussing about advertising a 'disputed' mountain.What did u want us to do, let the Kenyans have their way?

I think the effort is commendable and the ads are adequate.My only concern is if there is any matrix to gauge Return on Investment.

These ads, on prime time and space do not come cheap.

Hi Pundit,

I am not 100% against the ongoing adverts on CNN, my crictics are based on the fact that we are single-targeting our efforts to sell our country on three items only, i.e "Tanzania is a land of Mt Kilimanjaro, Serengeti and Zanzibar".

Pundit, if we had a crazy advert designer, he/she could have managed to advertize the three main products as well as other products which we have successfully.

Pundit, we are trying to raise awarenes to the world that Mt Kilimanjaro is in Tanzania and not in Kenya. That is fine, but at what cost? You see, Kenyans are clever, while we are struggling to clear this confusion of the location of Mt Kilimanjaro using our scarse resourses. They are now concentrating advertising other similar products which we have in Tanzania such as beaches, hunting tourism, etc. which we do not advertise them correctly.

I think you now understand why I say that the advert should have taken a wider coverage of our products than the way it is.

Njimba

we are trying to raise awarenes to the world that Mt Kilimanjaro is in Tanzania and not in Kenya. That is fine, but at what cost? You see, Kenyans are clever, while we are struggling to clear this confusion of the location of Mt Kilimanjaro using our scarse resourses. They are now concentrating advertising other similar products which we have in Tanzania such as beaches, hunting tourism, etc. which we do not advertise them correctly.

..njimba,

..but zanzibar is all about beaches,ain't that right?

I have said we single-target! Tungeweza kutangaza na beach zingine zaidi ya Zanzibar.

Mawazo yangu yanaanzia kwenye statement ya author of the thread:

I quote:

"...Kweli nami nikakubali Bongo is a paradise in waiting.Changamoto ni kwamba we need to do a very aggressive
marketing campaign il'mradi kuwafikia watani wetu wa jadi in tourism. The raw material is there in terms of huge game/wildlife numbers na madhari.Lets brainstorm on this subject and see whats up.Naomba michango yenu."

This is why I think "Bongo should not be a paradise in waiting" should be paradise now. But it lacks enough exposure to the world. Even when attempted to sell it, as being done, is below its potential capability.

Njimba

..njimba,

..but zanzibar is all about beaches,ain't that right?

Ustadh,

Zanzibar has a very rich history..something that can be
marketed also to tourists and anthropological societies.
Kuna sherehe moja ya kukaribisha mwaka sijui kama unaifahamu?
Wazungu huja kuattend ilmradi waone shughuli yenyewe.
Pia kuna karafu na horticultural agriculture which needs to be
introduced.
Kwa ufupi hili ni swala la kubrainstorm each other na kua
more aggressive in the marketing of our sites and sounds.

Ustadh,

Zanzibar has a very rich history..something that can be
marketed also to tourists and anthropological societies.
Kuna sherehe moja ya kukaribisha mwaka sijui kama unaifahamu?
Wazungu huja kuattend ilmradi waone shughuli yenyewe.

..koga mwaka sio?!naifahamu ustaadh!

Pia kuna karafu na horticultural agriculture which needs to be
introduced.

..unanikumbusha spice tour!

..hii inabidi isiishie kwenye tour tu,iende kwenye exports za maana za hizo spices!

Kwa ufupi hili ni swala la kubrainstorm each other na kua
more aggressive in the marketing of our sites and sounds.

..ku-advertise sawa,ila je?effort hizo zitasaidiwa na watu huku?kwa kufanya kazi na biashara kwa bidii? i doubt this!

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom