Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Tanzania yatakiwa kutimiza ahadi yake kwa Haiti

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by KiuyaJibu, Jul 29, 2010.

1. KiuyaJibu

KiuyaJibu JF-Expert Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Dear ONE Member,Kiuyajibu

I can’t quite believe I’m writing this...When Haiti was devastated by the earthquake in January, government pledges of support poured in. Many of us made our own commitments and delivered upon them, so I’m mortified that six months on, only 10% of their pledged support has actually been delivered.

Only four countries (Austalia, Brazil, Estonia and Norway) have followed through – meaning that Haiti’s recovery is effectively paralysed. Tanzania is one of many who have yet to pay up.President Clinton, UN Special Envoy to Haiti, is chasing up these deadbeat donors and we want to give him some ONE support to help him.
    To sign the petition, click here:

ONE | Pay up so Haiti can build up

Petition text:

Dear world leaders,

Don’t renege on promises to those who need them most. Keep your commitments and urgently deliver the support you pledged so that Haiti can begin to rebuild.

In the last 6 months, work has begun to build 50,000 transitional homes and fund rubble-clearing programmes. However, with only 10% of the promised funding, these projects are at risk of grinding to a halt.

Your support in achieving debt cancellation for Haiti was critical. I hope you’ll join me once again in ensuring Haiti is not forgotten.

Thank you,

Roxane Philson, ONE.org
  2. Wacha

Wacha JF-Expert Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Kama unakumbuka Tanzania walisema watasaidia nini au kiasi gani?