Tanzania: The Legacy of President Jakaya Kikwete (2005-2015)

Buchanan

JF-Expert Member
May 19, 2009
Wakati wa mdahalo jana ITV, JK amedai akumbukwe baada ya 2015 kwa mambo ya Elimu, Afya, nk!

Kwa mambo hayo mawili nitamkumbuka kwa shule za sekondari za kata kuongoza kufelisha na kujenga ukabila nchini.

Kwa upande wa afya nitamkumbuka kwa kukwepa hospitali zetu, kwa kuwa hazina kiwango, na kukimbilia kutibiwa nje ya nchi!

Wewe utamkumbuka JK kwa lipi baada ya 2015?
Thuwein Makamba said:
The Legacy of Jakaya and Beyond 2015

I should start by declaring that two of my family members were directly appointees of Jakaya in his first term of presidency. To that end, I have indirectly become a benefactor of his presidency, and this fact might persuade some readers to delegitimize the contents of this document.

Also, I have spent not more than 90 days in Tanzania throughout his presidency; education and work assignments have kept me outside of my homeland for a long time. I might not be the best judge of his performance.

But as every other African will tell you, Tanzanians love their country-and I have been keeping tabs of the state of our politics throughout my adulthood.

We have had 4 presidents so far in our infant country, and these gentlemen brought different style of leadership. But Jakaya is probably the most criticized for rather deserving or undeserving reasons.

You see, we Tanzanians are luckly. Nyerere presided a nation with a clear vision to empower and create independent thinkers out of Tanzanians. He pushed education in its empowering version-not to accumulate knowledge, but to become the means of livelihoods.

This foundation had enabled our transition towards democracy much easier and more meaningful. Democracy is useless, and can be an authoritative tool if the mass is misinformed. However, during Benjamin's (who I regard as an intellectual) presidency he did treat Tanzanians as children.

There was a free press that was fearful of the state and you can say that Benjamin was not comfortable enough to be ripped (or his government) in the press daily. This had resulted into fewer leaks and fewer scandals being presented to the press. It doesn't mean that there were no scandals.

Jakaya is massively criticized because Tanzanians are being aware of how the government is functioning, and we do have an awful ineffective bureaucracy (this is not new). Contrary to Benjamin, Jakaya truly believe that Tanzanians deserve to know everything.

He is comfortable enough to be ridiculed in the press because he understands that is how a democratic system should work.

Nowadays, we complain about the press being too free that they write upuuzi. From Tanzania Daima, MwanaHalisi, Raia Mwema, to name few dailies and weeklies that make a living ripping this government.

To me this is one of his biggest achievements, trusting the people to know everything, and make their decisions on the ballot accordingly. He has had his disappointments (umeme & corruption), and his triumphs (hardcore part of education and infrastructure) but I do commend him for allowing us to talk sh!t about him freely.

Moving forward, Tanzania is on the cusp of taking off. We have this great foundation in place, we just need a reformer and visionary at helm to steer us the right way.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), this is our generation challenge. Anybody who was alive during independence shall not attempt to run for presidency in 2015. You have the wrong mentality.

We are free already. We just need a leader who is blind of 1961 euphoria, who understand the global dynamics and can negotiate with global leaders without feeling inferior to them.

In mean time, let us scrutinize these politicians regardless of their party affiliations-and question the authenticity of the dubious journalism, because the well-being of our republic depends on an informed citizen.

At our inner core, Tanzanians are independent and moderate, it is the way we have been engineered. We cannot afford to lose this trait now, as the future has never been so bright.

Posted by Thuwein at Politics, Society & Things
"RE: THE LEGACY OF JAKAYA BEYOND 2015"
Dear Mr Makamba,

I should first congratulate you for having at least used the tax payers money appropriately (to some extent of-course) and managed to assimilate those eloquent English skills that you are now using them effectively to defend your irresponsible elite class that is ruling us and is our daily nightmare to most of us the Wananchi.

Let me then remind you or inform you (for that special case) of turn of events while you were in the US dining spaghetti, lasagne, pizza, bio-salads on top of that wining down your digestive system by moscato, without forgetting beering Budweiser and Heineken on every of your weekly outings!

Upon H.E. ascending to power, immediately an overwhelmingly disapproval of how affairs of the country were turning out to be in contrast to the best interest of the Wananchi but maintaining "status quo"; emerged. A visionary and courageous young man by the name Maxence Melo and co started a platform called JamboForums by then thought within a democratic society just in the spirit of safeguarding their motherland. At JamboForums, the grand corruptions within the Government undertakings were exposed and culprits named and acted as the main pad to whistle blow the fouls and irregularities within the Government you are defending.

Though most of materials posted were true (i give it >95%) your JK's Government vehemently disapproved the existence of this platform and and guess what? Under the directives of the then Prime Minister of the Government (Edward Lowassa); he was detained (nearly jailed) and his page brought down for his dangerous but patriotic guts to unveil graft within the system by unfounded reason (to any democratic society that observe universal basic human rights i.e. right to freedom of speech and expression) being he was posting highly sensitive, seditious and polarising materials to the Nation's security and overall cohesion but only to be shameful forced to resign 3 years later by the highly smart and influential Mwakyembe select committee on Richmond scandal of the same vice he tried to censor prior i.e. grand corruption.

Said Kubenea was acid attacked by unknown individuals in his office perimeters and till now nobody has been held accountable for that life threatening attempt aimed at muzzling his weekly fierce mouth piece the MwanaHalisi newspaper.

Prior to that, MwanaHalisi had been banned for 3 months (using an outdated 1976's Media Act that elites love to use and keep) for having crossed road with your elite regime, this was after being cautioned on several occasions (all of them reason being mingling with Governmental affairs) by the Minister of Information, culture and Sports.

However, as a gesture of his disapproval of that attack on outspoken Kubenea, your lovely President paid him a visit while admitted at the Muhimbili and promised to take the matters at his hands and make sure culprits of that murderous attempt are brought to justice! I wonder whether todate anything meaningful has taken place as Justice is concerned! Better ask him !?

Jerry Muro was framed to have solicited bribe after his attempt to whistle blow a grand corruption story that involved embezzlement of funds allocated for infrastructure and education projects at Bagamoyo Town council (a nepotism cum graft affair) and till today his case is dragging at the chambers of law that are no longer independent but remotely controlled by invisible hands of your elite class.

Mr Muro has been a recipient of several Journalistic Awards for his leverage coverage of stories at one time exposed corruption practices of our Police force. Notwithstanding, Bagamoyo is a home town of our sitting President, falling under Coastal Region has been a recipient of most of the development projects' fund of recent though has been contributing a mere yearly 1,488,600,000 Tshs revenue collection (falling number 23 on TRA's 2007/2008 tax regions ranks) compared to a regions like Mara (18,504,200,000; at 8) and Tanga (43,995,000,000; at 4) that receive little if not nothing, what a coincidence indeed!?

Tido Mhando, a charismatic prominent journalist by all honorary accolades was shown an embarrassing exit (contract renewal refusal) from the TBC'S top post for having aired the live debates that your father's party boycotted and moreover felt uncomfortable with their continuation in their absence during the 2010 elections (sorry you weren't here).

Though he was warned (as a Managing Director of that Public media house run by our tax money) of consequences of his "Mchakato Majimboni" and balanced reporting of events during the election period, he remained unshaken and refused to compromise universal Journalistic ethics.

As a coincidence again your father (at the time CCM GS) was an apex of instigations that removed him from the TBC. Least we forget the pervasive and biased coverage of news that touches the Government and ruling party's affairs by the Public media houses like Tanzania daily Standards and TBC run by our tax money!

Moreover, on several occasions the Mwananchi Corporation, has been threatened to be shut down by the Government run by your elite class cause of reporting on the matters that compromise or rediculate the dominance of the sitting Government.

Mwananchi Corporation known for its transparency and fairness policy has displeased your elite class as has always strip naked your Government wrong doings. Tanzania Daima and Mwanahalisi have also been victims of such attempts by your Government that you love so much. Whereas Thisday/Kulikoni cut down their daily releases to weekly and changed its policy after bowing from relentless threats from your elite class.

Moreover of recent, one of elites in your Government was furious of his napping photos appearance on Mwananchi to an extent of accusing the media house of inflammatory motives!

Dear fellow wananchi, what do we learn from this kind of blind views (ignorance) on facts on the ground from those individuals benefiting from this highly corrupt system? Is their view misguided cause they are out of touch of the daily miseries of the Wananchi?

Or they are aware of our daily happenings but pretend not to see and obsessed to defend the system that is beneficial to them? I guess time will judge them and so will tell us of their ultimate destination of their ignoring our serious problems! As for you Mr Makamba, I thought my little attest of events was helpful enough to enlight your blunt vision on facts on the ground though i should admit my english has, is and will not be as good as yours since i attended one of those under Mbuyu (baobao) schools in Loliondo an experince not to be compared to those elite schools you went to e.g. Shaaban Robert and co! Just a tip of an iceberg on what went on during those days; a simple rain would meant no classes (guess what happened on rainy seasons!?

An opportunity to cultivate our greedy teachers' farms as a payback to their teaching service since the elite class at the Government never bothered to pay their salaries on time)!

Dismayed Citizen
Geza Ulole

Mpaka sasa tayari imekwisha dhihirika kwamba top hot issues of national concern and interest kwa watanzania wote bila kujali vyama, imani nk katika awamu hii yako ya mwisho ni Tume Huru ya Kuchunguza Matokeo ya Uchaguzi ; Katiba Mpya, iliyosheheni Tume Huru ya Uchaguzi; kirahisi sana na bila kuangalia uso wa mtu; fanya haya yafuatayo na Watanzania watakukumbuka kama hero!!!!! second to Mwl- Mwl alileta uhuru; wewe utakuwa umeboresha uhuru huo!

Pokonya haraka mikononi mwa wapinzani na kukimbiza mjengoni hoja hizo bila kujali sisiemu na serikali yake wanasema nini?
(1) Uundwaji wa Tume Huru ya Kuchunguza Matokeo ya Uchaguzi wa 31.10.2010 ( Hapa watose kweli kweli Makame na Kiravu-maana hao ndiyo waliokaidi karipio la Dr PhD alipowataka waache kusoma matokeo feki)
(2) Kuandikwa kwa Katiba Mpya ya Watanzania wote-na Tume yake Huru ya Uchaguzi kama ile ya Kibaki/Raila (hapa kwa ujasiri tosa sisiemu-maana watanzania wana shauku kubwa ya kupata kipya kinyemi!!! at the end)
(3) Kuhusu viporo vya EPA, Richmond nk. (bila woga kabisa watose maswahiba wote ambao kamati ya Mwakyembe iliwa-condem!!!!! fumba macho!!; mpe Sadi Mwema naye aambulie ka-legacy japo kadogo kwa hawa jamaa-wewe watakupata wapi tena?)

At the end utakuwa nyota bara la Afrika second to Mwl, and by far above Kibaki/Raila, and by farthest, above Mugabe/Tvangirai legacies! Hii ni golden chance kwako. Ukipoteza hii chance, very sorry, you will be forgotten by history ya Tz!

HISTORIA (LEGACY) YA KIONGOZI HUANDIKWA NA KIONGOZI MHUSIKA MWENYEWE KWA JINSI ANAVYOWIWA KATIKA KIZAZI FULALI:

Ni kweli kuwa watu wengi sana duniani huzaliwa, huishi na mwisho wa siku huondoka usoni mwa ulimwengu kama vile hawakuwahi kwepo kabisa mahali hapa.

Kwangu mimi, jambo kama hili linasikitisha MNO kwangu inapotokeaa. Hata hivyo, historia nayo huwafunika kiurahisi mno sisi watu wadogo wadogo pindi tunapoondoka usoni mwa ulimwengu kana kwamba hatuwahi kabisa kuzuru katika sayari hizi za 'EARTH' au Dunia. Lakini, historia hiyo hiyo kamwe haiwatendei haki watu wakubwa kama WATAWALA pindi wanapoongoza na kuondoka kana kwamba hawakuwahi kwepo. Kwao viongozi historia huwahukumu vibaya sana tena bila huruma pindi wanapochezea hasa mambo yanayohusu MASLAHI YA UMMA.

Sasa basi, ni juu yao viongozi wetu wa leo wa kutuongoza 'Tupende Tusipende' wakajichagulia njia SAHIHI ya kufuata katika kujiandikia historia zao wao wenyewe leo hii. Sisi hata na vizazi vijavyo kazi yetu itakua tu ni kuzikumbuka historia hizo na kuendelea kusimuliana sawa sawa na jinsi watakavyoamua kujiandikia wenyewe.

Daftari langu la kunakilia historia za viongozi mbalimbali duniani akiwemo JK tayari ishafunguliwa hadi dakika hii hapa ...

Mtu wa Mungu

Hilo ndugu yangu sahau. Yaani achunguze mchakato uliomwezesha kurejea ikulu!!!! Kwa JK hiyo sahau, haitakuja itokee na wala hata chembe ya wazo hilo haimo moyoni. Legacy atakayoiacha ni ya rais mpenda watu, hana complication na ndiyo maana inafika mahali kijana anasafiri kutoka geita (bagamoyo??) hadi ikulu Dar kwenda kumshika mkono rais na kumpogeza kwa kuchaguliwa kuongoza nchi tena. Hiyo ni bonge ya 'legacy'.

Mtu kusafiri kwa baiskeli kutoka Geita, sengerema, mwanza, shinyanga, nzega, igunga, shelui, singida, manyoni, dodoma, morogoro, chalinze, mlandizi, kibaha, ubungo, magomeni hadi ikulu (siyo kupanda basi kutoka bagamoyo, tegeta, mwenge hadi msasani na kisha kuchukua baiskeli hadi ikulu???) siyo mchezo jamani. Inahitaji ujasiri tena basi bila hata kufuatiliwa na chombo chochote cha habari.

JF ni dhahiri kabisa JK anatafuta a trademark of Legacy in his existance as a president.... does JK deserve this hefty legacy in our country for a reborn of a new constitution

Je.... wadau gani mpaka imefikia 31/12/2010 wamekua mstari wa mbele kuhakikisha wanawakilisha matakwa ya wananchi kuhusu katiba mpya ili basi siku moja tuweze kuwapa stahi na heshima tukuku ya kutupatia katiba mpya

yaweza kuwa Mabere Marando.... pia Rev. Christopher Mtikila.., au James Mbatia..... pengine ni James Mapalala.... au Yusuf Makamba.... yupo Philip Marmo.... na Celina Kombani..... Wapo kina Ibrahim Lipumba na Mtatiro.... Usimsahau Mohamed Rashid..... Je pia Dr. Wilbroad Slaa au Freeman Mbowe na Zitto Kabwe...... NAE Augastine Mrema..... Wapo Kina Joseph Sinde Warioba na Frederick Werema......Usimsahau Dr.Azaveli Lwaitama na Yahya Mohamed au Rainfred Masaku... pia Askofu Laizer na Mokiwa.... au Kardinali Pengo na Askofu Kilaini..... yumo Mchungaji Zakaria Kakobe ..... na tena Mufti Gorogosi.... au Ali Hasan Mwinyi........ wapo kina Mzee Mwanakijiji.. na Raila Odinga....

Wapo wengi..... kwa kuwataja.... pia michango yao imekua chachu gani katika kutoa breakthrough towards coming draft new constitution.....

Legacy ya Katiba Mpya ni ya wale wote walio-campiagn kwenye uchaguzi mkuu wakiitaka katiba mpya...

wengine wote ni dandia dandia tu hakuna cha legacy wala nini... na wakiendelea dandia dandia hivyo bila kuwapa walio campaign kwamba ndio hoja yao kuu watoe mapendekezo zaidi ni wazi kwamba wataiharibu na ndio maana JK kasema inaweza kufanyiwa marekebisho mapema mara baada ya kuwa enacted...

Legacy ya Katiba Mpya ni ya wale wote walio-campiagn kwenye uchaguzi mkuu wakiitaka katiba mpya...

wengine wote ni dandia dandia tu hakuna cha legacy wala nini... na wakiendelea dandia dandia hivyo bila kuwapa walio campaign kwamba ndio hoja yao kuu watoe mapendekezo zaidi ni wazi kwamba wataiharibu na ndio maana JK kasema inaweza kufanyiwa marekebisho mapema mara baada ya kuwa enacted...

mkuu.... nimekupata.... kwa hiyo JK amedandia hii ya kuandikwa katiba mpya... ninaweza kubali kwa sababu haikuwa kwenye sera (manifest) ya CCM......Nninakumbuka Dr. Slaa aliahidi kuandika katiba mpya ndani ya siku 100 kama angechaguliwa kuwa raisi..... je JK amemwiga (amedesa) Dr. Slaa kwa hili...? hivyo basi jibu lako ni wazi...JK does not deserve the legacy for the re writting of a new constitution

acheni ubinafsi, Katiba haijapatikana mnazungumzia sifa ziende kwa nani! Huu ni muda wa kujadili philosophies, values and issues ambazo zinapaswa kuwa reflected katika katiba. Halafu kwanza yaani mlitaka JK akatae katiba kuwe na confrontation, muandamane, watu wafe, image ya nchi iharibike, kisha katiba ipatikane.. ndo mfurahi. shenzi type.

None of the Above........ The time is right na Wananchi needs it. So if you force me. Ni legacy ya wananchi, bila kuidai hii haitapatikana na bila kuwa macho itakuwa ni changa la macho na viraka vya hapa na pale

acheni ubinafsi, Katiba haijapatikana mnazungumzia sifa ziende kwa nani! Huu ni muda wa kujadili philosophies, values and issues ambazo zinapaswa kuwa reflected katika katiba. Halafu kwanza yaani mlitaka JK akatae katiba kuwe na confrontation, muandamane, watu wafe, image ya nchi iharibike, kisha katiba ipatikane.. ndo mfurahi. shenzi type.

mkuu.. hayo pia ni mawazo...yatapimwa hapa JF kama yana uelekeo hasi..... au...this is open forum.... and staged for great thinkers there is no way we could skip honouring the legacy to any one or any stakeholder for blowing whistle until the voice of the peoples power is now heard... call a spade.. spade JK jumped into this boat to fabricate legacy at his side

Katiba mpya ni hoja ya msingi ya Dr slaa ktk uchaguzi, alisema ndani ya siku 100 atakuwa ameanzisha mchakato wa kuunda katiba mpya, alikuwa haitaki hii iliyopo hata kidogo, akasema hata JK anafuata maelekezo yake, kuwa kweli ndani ya siku mia anataka kuanzisha, naamini maneno ya dr slaa yanatakiwa yawekwe ktk kumbukumbu. tHIS GOES TO DR SLAA

mkuu.... nimekupata.... kwa hiyo JK amedandia hii ya kuandikwa katiba mpya... ninaweza kubali kwa sababu haikuwa kwenye sera (manifest) ya CCM......Nninakumbuka Dr. Slaa aliahidi kuandika katiba mpya ndani ya siku 100 kama angechaguliwa kuwa raisi..... je JK amemwiga (amedesa) Dr. Slaa kwa hili...? hivyo basi jibu lako ni wazi...JK does not deserve the legacy for the re writting of a new constitution

Alitoa ahadi mapema kuwa mengine mazuri ya wapinzani tutayachukuwa na kuyafanyia kazi.

Alitoa ahadi mapema kuwa mengine mazuri ya wapinzani tutayachukuwa na kuyafanyia kazi.

mkuu ahsante sana kwa umakini wako..... then the Legacy does not deserve him .... anabakia kuwa initiator and patriot of change ..... hilo nalikubali

jamani hilo swala la katiba lilikuwa linakera wengi sasa kama MH JK ameliona hilo na kulipa kipaumbele sioni kwanini asiheshimiwe kwa hilo kwani ni yeye aliyekuwa anasubiliwa atoe msimamo

suala la Katiba mpya kamwe haiendi kwa chadema, harakati ya kudai katiba mpya ni jambo liloanza tokea enzi za marehemu Chifu Fundikira

na kwa vyama vya siasa vilivyopambana na jambo hilo basi ni NCCR na CUF na sio hawa wapenda sifa na kurukia mambo juu kwa juu na kugeuza wao ati ndio walioanzisha mapambano

JF ni dhahiri kabisa JK anatafuta a trademark of Legacy in his existance as a president.... does JK deserve this hefty legacy in our country for a reborn of a new constitution

Je.... wadau gani mpaka imefikia 31/12/2010 wamekua mstari wa mbele kuhakikisha wanawakilisha matakwa ya wananchi kuhusu katiba mpya ili basi siku moja tuweze kuwapa stahi na heshima tukuku ya kutupatia katiba mpya

yaweza kuwa Mabere Marando.... pia Rev. Christopher Mtikila.., au James Mbatia..... pengine ni James Mapalala.... au Yusuf Makamba.... yupo Philip Marmo.... na Celina Kombani..... Wapo kina Ibrahim Lipumba na Mtatiro.... Usimsahau Mohamed Rashid..... Je pia Dr. Wilbroad Slaa au Freeman Mbowe na Zitto Kabwe...... NAE Augastine Mrema..... Wapo Kina Joseph Sinde Warioba na Frederick Werema......Usimsahau Dr.Azaveli Lwaitama na Yahya Mohamed au Rainfred Masaku... pia Askofu Laizer na Mokiwa.... au Kardinali Pengo na Askofu Kilaini..... yumo Mchungaji Zakaria Kakobe ..... na tena Mufti Gorogosi.... au Ali Hasan Mwinyi........ wapo kina Mzee Mwanakijiji.. na Raila Odinga....

Wapo wengi..... kwa kuwataja.... pia michango yao imekua chachu gani katika kutoa breakthrough towards coming draft new constitution.....

All in all , JK lazima apate Legacy kwani ndio kiongozi wa nchi aliye ruhusu wakati yupo madarakani kufanyika hicho kitu, hakuna jinsi ya kumkwepa. Hapa mtataja watu kibao ila mwisho wa siku ni yeye na serikali ndio watekelezaji wa hayo. Na hii huenda ikampatia Doctorate nyingine

All in all , JK lazima apate Legacy kwani ndio kiongozi wa nchi aliye ruhusu wakati yupo madarakani kufanyika hicho kitu, hakuna jinsi ya kumkwepa. Hapa mtataja watu kibao ila mwisho wa siku ni yeye na serikali ndio watekelezaji wa hayo. Na hii huenda ikampatia Doctorate nyingine

Kwa hiyo akipewa doctorate nyingine ataitwa Penta-Dr. JK au?

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom