Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Tanzania image tarnished abroad!

Discussion in 'Jukwaa la Siasa' started by emalau, Oct 10, 2012.

1. e

emalau JF-Expert Member

Oct 10, 2012
    Last week i had a glimpse on CNN inside Africa, the anchor of the program has been moving around the continent to tell the world what is going as far as Africa is concerned. When he was in Zambia and Zimbabwe he demonstrated to the world the the extraordinary feature of Africa - Victoria falls.

When he was in Mozambique he singled out architecture as the theme to talk about. Now he is in Tanzania, you know what he single out? - Superstition!!!!

According to him and he referred to the research made earlier this year in the sub-saharan Africa, Tanzania is being regarded as the country where traditional beliefs are mostly entertained. In the program the woman called mama safi is seen performing rituals and talking to the spirits capable of cleansing the human being!

My Take: While to some extent i believe him the image of the country has been extremely tarnished, while other countries are making big stride in social economic development, we are making a step back to old stone age, it is time to prove him long, can we?