Tanzania (Dar) multi-billion high rise project approved

while i understand you concerns which are very valid, i also ask you why cant you appreciate what they are trying to do? i am a kenyan and i wish my govt would initiate a project like this to house those pple living in the slums. i dont care about the design or the foreign contractors as long as people are getting affordable descent housing.

Sorry Nomasana I do not think for a second that you know Tanzania better than us. Do you know NSSF and its major source of revenue?

And do you know at what percent we as contributors to this fund get from the proceeds of projects like this? For your info its completely zero. There is nothing in this project apart from money squandering, it is just like the other white elephants w'been seeing. Who told you that local mwananchi will be invited to stay into those houses?Your leaders are smarter than ours, so you will never see them engaging your moneys in hopeless projects like this one.

Please next time when you see people screaming here just let them do it they know what they are doing and they also know their leaders very well.

Hongera Dr. Ramadhani Dau, Alhaj Kimbisa na wengine kwa ubunifu na moyo wenu wa kimaendeleo kwa jamii yetu. yafaa viongozi wengine e.g. Prof. Ndullu, Shio (PPF) muige mfano wa Dr. Dau.

Bongo bwana sasa housing ya watu 400 hamtaki.. sindio maisha bora kwa wote (or at least some)..lol. This is not a bad idea itatoa employment na watu watapata makazi.. Sijui mnataka nini sasa

Hii ni pilot ploject,tujifunze kupanga matumiz sahii ya ardhi katika miji yetu.

Bongo bwana sasa housing ya watu 400 hamtaki.. sindio maisha bora kwa wote (or at least some)..lol. This is not a bad idea itatoa employment na watu watapata makazi.. Sijui mnataka nini sasa

this is why i posted the article cuz i thought it is good news but according to most of the forumers here this project is not such a good idea. and if you read some of the complains people are raising about the project are very trivial

example, two guys have an issue with who is being thanked. others have issues with the spokesman of the project. others are complaining that the money is too much (as if development is supposed to be cheap). others are skeptical if the common mwananchi will be invited to live in those houses, it is an investiment which has to pay back the investors.
i am just saying, maybe if some of you guyz quit being trivial maybe you can appreciate this project as a good investiment for the city

i must say, that to some degree i understand why people are skeptical, i am kenyan and we DO NOT trust the our govt either(surprise surprise). for example no kenyan believes the governments plans for LAMU PORT PROJECT. so yes to some degree i understand the skeptisism but that should blind you from the fact that it a sound investiment for the city.

fyi, i never said i am an expert on tanzania, i am just commenting from an outsider's point of view.

I hope sio project ya serikali,serikali haina sababu ya kujiingiza kwenye business kama hizi za nyumba,kama ni private its all good & good lucky kwa watakaoweza afford rent!

Malaysians?! Signing a non-scam viable real estate investment contract with NSSF? No!
God forbid; memories of IPTL scam are still fresh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is poor Tanzanians who are now paying the cost.
I do not rule out corruption, specifically in the electoral process, in effect, political corruption, the essence of grand corruption, which is the mother of all corruption. Remember 2010 is election year!
It could be the double edge corruption; falsifying voters, on one side, and extracting the rent to fund the stooges' holding of power on the other side.
Hopefully now you understand both the investment strategy and the scam.

Idea ya huu mradi ni nzuri. ila Nashangaa wanaopongeza NSSF kwa ujumla.. Sidhani kama Dr Dau au NSSF pekee wantakiwa wapewe sifa kwa huu mradi.

Tunaona Share holders wa huo mradi ni Ilala Municipal Council, tNational Social Security Fund (NSSF) and a Malaysia-based Symmetric Link SBN BHD company. So pongezi kama ni za muhimu zinatakiwa wkenda kwao wote.

Kingine tuache kasumba ya kuwasifia watu kwa sababu tu wamefanya wanachotakiwa kufanya.

this malaysian company was it necessary for it to be in the joint venture, wana add kitu gani kwenye project hii, fedha ya wachangiaji, kiwanja cha ilala municipal council, contractors unaweja kuita yoyote kama una hela why the malaysians?????

mtalia midomo juu kama mbwa nyie ngojeni !!!!!!!

PRESIDENT Jakaya Kikwete's 2005 election slogan - better life for all Tanzanians - is now being realized in deeds following the signing of an agreement to construct a multi-billion shilling project in Dar es Salaam.

The long-awaited project to be executed at Mchikichini in Ilala District follows an agreement between the Ilala Municipal Council, the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and a Malaysia-based Symmetric Link SBN BHD company.

"For a long time, the Ilala Municipal Council authorities have been looking for an investor to put up a huge multi-use structure at Mchikichini but those efforts have been in vain," says the Ilala Municipal Council Mayor Abuu Jumaa.

He adds: "But today we can breathe with a sigh of relief following the partnership between the NSSF and the Symmetric Link firm from Malaysia, the project is now on the cards and it will soon be realized."

Under the project, which will make Mchikichini look like a development village, there will be housing for accommodating 400 residents at the project area, over 1,600 flats covering 50 floors and office structures covering 25 floors and international standard hotels covering another 50 floors.

According to the project's implementation programme, there will also be medium level hotels in 10 floors, a modern shopping arcade covering three floors and elegant office for the Ilala municipal authorities covering 40 floors.

Architectural designs and artistic impressions for the project has already been drawn out indicating that initial construction stages will involve building of two flats with 17 floors each, with a total number of 480 houses.

The project, the first of its kind to be implemented in Tanzania, addresses the issue of affordable housing for majority poor Tanzanians and provision of special commercial services that were initially available in the central business district.

"This huge investment which we have been looking for a long time will turn Ilala municipality into a beehive of business activities," says Mayor Jumaa wearing a broad smile.

"The first beneficiaries of the project will be the 400 residents in the area," says the mayor, adding that some of the residents will be paid handsome amounts for compensation as they will be required to give way for the project.

He says construction will be done in phases with the first phase involving construction of residential houses, to be followed by the second phase covering commercial structures such as offices and hotels.

"Implementation of the project will take four to five years before completion," says the mayor, adding that all the hotels and offices to be constructed at the area will be sold or rented to Tanzanians.

He adds: "Definitely this project is going to stimulate development not only for Ilala but for the entire country, as it will attract businesses from the country's four corners."

The project will help to showcase the state-of-the-art houses, hotel structures and office accommodation in addition to creating employment to majority young Tanzanians and it will also act as a source of revenue for the government.

"The entire project area will not look the same when implementation of the project is completed," says Mahamed Hussein, a representative of the Malaysian firm.

The new project will improve Dar es Salaam's skyline with its new high-rise buildings making it the largest city in Tanzania and it is the country's important economic centre.

Jpeg.jpg

Jamani kwa heshima na taadhima naomba msome stori hii between lines au kuna kitu sielewi, an elegant office for the Ilala Municipal council Covering 40 floors hii ina uhusiano gani na maisha bora kwa kila mtanzania???? Jamani mwanzoni niliamini tumelogwa lakini I think it is more than that, I swear.

Back
Top Bottom