Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Tanzania C++ open source software

Discussion in 'Tech, Gadgets & Science Forum' started by mazd, Apr 13, 2011.

1. mazd

mazd Senior Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Hello JF once again,
    Napenda kuchukua fursa hii ya ukweli na uwazi, kuwakribisha wana JF katika kutia nguvu kazi katika Project yangu iliopo katika tovuti ya hapo chini---unataweza kufaidika vipi?
    1.Kukuza kipaji chako cha programming, kwani utakua unafanya real-world project.
    2.Kua listed katika about list as a contributor.
    3.To be proud, because your project is listed and advt at NOKIA Qt Showcase.
    4.Kupata mshiko iwapo project yetu,itakua sponsored.
    5.and more that can't be listed here.
    NOTE: Programmer, web developer, graphics designer and end-user can be contributor of this project.

Project page:

Hermitscorp Laboratory

Contribution page:

Hermitscorp Laboratory

2. Jitihada

Jitihada Senior Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Nimekuelewa ngoja nami nijisajili programmer.

3. k

kotinkarwak JF-Expert Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Count me in: As a contributor (a critical eye).
    1st critic: Please the pdf need not be zipped. Just have them available as is.

As a brief you said it is open source, are you planning to open all source and teach these techniques? Can you open-source a derivative of compilation from a commercial application (QT)?

4. mazd

mazd Senior Member

Apr 13, 2011
    @kotinkarwak
    1.Due to my slow internet connection, all my distribution must be compressed(zipped), but after your modification you can distribute it as you need.
    2.Qt has dual license (Commercial and LGPL license), myself am developing using LGPL (Open-source license),check it here: http://qt.nokia.com/downloads
    you may tell me,if i didn't understand your question
    @Jitihada

You are welcome.E-mail me at hermitscorp@gmail.com for more.

5. k

Apr 14, 2011
    Good to know about the licensing.
    As your intentions are for exposing development to new comers as well as gathering partnership in this arena, Could I suggest that for this tool under development, an aspect of training is included to be part of the driver for the project.
    I know there are a number of training suggested here on JF and its almost impossible to keep track of, hence would suggest that your site hosts those training resources and reference be made on JF as required.

6. mazd

mazd Senior Member

Apr 15, 2011
    @kotinkarwak
    Good idea!--if i understand your point clearly--here are answers:
    Me as a project founder-i take full responsibility of teaching idea of any part of the project. Yesterday i made contact with TROLL (Creator of Qt at Qt - Cross-platform application and UI framework — Qt - A cross-platform application and UI framework) about Tanzania Qt community-they told me that, if we join together (We, Tanzania Programmer and developer who are interested with Qt) to make Qt community which will develop with Qt--they will plan special training seminars for us.

anyway but for now Qt - Cross-platform application and UI framework — Qt - A cross-platform application and UI framework is only best place for resource and references on Qt projects, i will contact with them again, on creating special group for Qt Tanzania developer at Qt Developer Network where we can find Qt staffs and experts.

and about here in JF, you may explain to me more clearly with example--i love to work for your sugg.

Am not good in English,you may tell me if i dont understand your point---Thanks for great reply let us code.

7. k

Apr 15, 2011
    Thanks Mazd,
    On JF I meant there has been a few suggestions for ICT related courses which have not been completed as yet and the worry is that a forum is not the best place to "host" the said materials since a thread unless constantly refreshed with input will in time fall on the way side, losing that vital resource to the community. My suggestion would mean, you host these kinds of materials at your site and just mention it frequently on JF, wanaotaka will find their way to your site.

One other item is that training for training sake should be an approach to be taken when introducing new ideas, but here in the forum it does tend to be that the contributor expectations get thwarted by dismal responses to offer of training while initially many people "signed-up" for these training initiatives, resulting in such initiatives not getting implemented.
    One nice tutorial offering by Dubo on Java is a case in point. Dubo was not planning to simply teach Java, but to implement a full scale application in the process, in my mind, an ICT person would (even though not directly of Java world) have bitten Dubo's hand on this offer, where else would you learn a complete application build, its infrastructure etc? I despair to see such noble intentions are not taken up with greater enthusiasm by the community members.

8. newtonfox

newtonfox Senior Member

Apr 15, 2011
    big up mkubwa for ur project:A S 2152::noidea:

9. j

jab Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Happy to see this,I can participate in coding and testing stage

10. mazd

mazd Senior Member

Apr 15, 2011
    @All ready to work programmers.
    me nadhani mtu, asije kufikiriki kua anatupa nguvu zake bure kwa kujiunga na project hii--ukweli ni kwamba faida kubwa tunategemea kutoka katika project hii au kama hii--Please kwa wale walio tayari ni vyema wakatume email to: hermitscorp@gmail.com ikiashiria wapi atahelp--i promise my contributors that, as a Nokia Qt ambassador, i will make sure that our project become sponsored by nokia as this article say:
    Category:Community -> Sponsorship | Qt Wiki | Qt Developer Network

Kama yupo ambae anataka kujiunga lakini anapendekeza project nyengine, please let us know
    SKILLS:
    Sio lazima uelewe C++ unaweza kua unaelewa:-
    1.Javascript---so ukawa UI designer
    2.Java/python---coding(becouse Qt support language binding)
    3.Adobe photoshop (or any IMP)--to create project graphics and icons.
    4.Good Grammar of either language---for documentation
    5.Best computer user---for testing beta versions of project.

NOTE: Nokia Qt need Tanzania to have community that share and develop Qt projects-for them to make sponsorship.So let us join "Experts" to make this true in our country---at Hermitscorp Laboratory or at majority choice

11. mazd

mazd Senior Member

Apr 15, 2011
    @[​IMG] kotinkarwak
    All Materials will be available at our community forum and all discussion about project will be there too.There is special forum for this. JF has many specification so, we may confuse others here.--you idea seem to me instance of project contribution.

Our community:
    Hermitscorp Network • Index page

12. k

Apr 15, 2011
    Sat through a few youtube vid's on QT and I can see the current push is mainly to the mobile device development (Symbian/Nokia). I hope this project at least for the scope should define what OS it is to target. I hope we are to remain on the Desktop (Win/Linux) and once the tools are understood, venture into the mobile space.

13. mazd

mazd Senior Member

Apr 16, 2011
    @Kotinkarwak
    Great idea!!!--Nokia Qt wanajaribu kuwashauri Programmers of Qt watengeneze na program za mobile coz wanatesti their new technology (Qt quick--a fluid UI creation modules),ndio maana ukaona hizo video kwa wingi, but unapotengeneza program yako kwa Qt--utaweza kudeploy katika any OS (Windows,Linux,Mac,MeeGo,Symbian or embedded devices like HP Printers controller), kwa Project yetu iliopo katika web yetu--target ni MS Windows XP/Vista/7--kutokana na kazi yake--but tunaweza kuanzisha project mpya ambayo inta target OS zote.Mini binafsi wameniletea NOKIA C7 ili niitumie kujaribu kutengeneza na program za simu hiyo but sio lazima.Kama mtu anataka nimuelekeze where to start Qt--email me---ni rahisi mno kuwe umeshasoma C++ au javascript au java au python.

14. k

Apr 17, 2011
    For an intro, can I suggest you detail your workflow in C++ and the QT tools in use. There appear to be a few tools there and given the licensing, their may be only a few viable one for any user to access. Also, are there any limitations in functionality going for the "open-source" ones?

I am awed by the QT-Quick tool, it does emphasise the requirement of a good UI deveoper/designer in any software build. I would hence want the reach for this resource to be communicated to photoshop users/developers since this is where strict software developers fail (UI Design)

Personally am arm-wrestling with C# and once that is covered, will sure break easily into C++ ( I know I am cheating going in reverse, but believe me, polymorphism and inheritance were scary beasts in C++ and for some reason, I found it easier reading this in C#: maybe due to the anguish faced learning this earlier in C++, my mind noted that I hated C++).

One thing I will want to learn in QT is the webkit implementation

QT environment also is available for Java hence the tutorials might need to be duplicated to show the resource being developed in the two languages. If this is the case, I suggest the title of this thread does include JAVA in the descriptor.

15. mazd

mazd Senior Member

Apr 17, 2011
    @kotinkarwak
    Try to download source code of the project-code itself has full descriptions on how program flow, ukikwama sehemu let me know.
    No need to learn C++ or C# in-order for you to participate in Qt project based. even HTML and javascript will be enought for you to make something with WOW effect.I know C++ is more complex than C# but myself, i love C++ coz most of the time it goes cross-platform.
    NO, there is no limitations in functionality but limitation is that "You must distribute code when user need it and it must be free software ('free' haina maana ya bure bali ni 'free' ya uhuru wa kumodifai utakavyo kama "Open source foundation walivyo sema")"

Title included C++ coz its main language in this project

16. Kang

Kang JF-Expert Member

Apr 17, 2011
    QT for Mobile is on the way out, Nokia wameitupa Symbian na Meego. Watakuwa wanaweka Windows Phone 7 OS kwenye simu zao, na development tool ya hiyo ni Visual Studio 2010 peke yake.
    Nadhani QT wameiuza kwa kampuni nyingine right now so itaendelea kuwepo kwa ajili ya desktop.

17. mazd

mazd Senior Member

Apr 18, 2011
    @kang
    Qt sio ya nokia(ni ya TROLL) nokia wameikodi tu.then inapozungumziwa mobile development haina maana ni simu tu bali hata other embedded devices ni mobile pia, so kufa kwa symbian na meego na kua kwa WP7(silverlight OS)haina maana Qt itakufa ktk mobile development..Qt will be cross-platform UI tool forever.so learn Qt with us without far.happy learning