Tangazo Dharura: Per-diem Court Interpreter Job Opportunities

Apr 27, 2006
Wakuu wote Jamii Forums, again ninaomba kuwasumbua kidogo nilipokuwa College US, nilisoma darasa moja na sister mmoja ambaye sasa ni kiongozi wa juu katika Court System ya huko New York, Sate. Jana alinipigia simu akiomba nimsaidie kuhusu hili ombi la kazi hapa chini:-

Per-diem Court Interpreter Job Opportunities‏
Sent: Tue 10/21/08 2:37 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Security scan upon download
Applicati...pdf (71.0 KB), Guide.pdf (195.8 KB), Proficien...pdf (16.5 KB)

Hi xxxxx, How are you? I hope all is well. As I mentioned, the New York State Unified Court System is looking for per-diem (free-lance) court interpreters. Attached please find the application and candidate guide which explains the requirements for the position.

The English Written Proficiency exam is offered twice a year, in June and December, the deadline for the next exam is November 3rd. It is a 75 question multiple choice exam which tests grammar, spelling and reading comprehension - similar to the SAT or GED exam.

I have also attached some general information about the written test. There is a minimum age requirement of 18 and the candidate does not need to be a U.S. citizen but should have a legal right to work in the U.S. The exam is given free of charge. After passing that exam, a candidate is required to submit professional language references.

References may include, any foreign certificates, diplomas, letters from cultural/religious organizations, agencies or foreign employers. The references should be language specific, meaning, it explains how they know the candidate speaks the second language. Once the references have been accepted they must undergo a background check before they can begin working.

There is a $75 charge for this service but its only after all other requirements have been met. The current salary for a per-diem is $140 for a half day (anything less than four hours) and $250 for a full day (four hours plus). If you have any questions or would like for me to mail you hard copies of any of the attached information, please let me know.

I appreciate all of your help and look forward to hearing from you soon. Also, if you have any upcoming job-related or community events, we would be happy to participate. Feel free to visit our website:

Court Interpreting Services

Thank you, Shante Thomas
Office of Court AdministrationCourt Interpreting Services
25 Beaver Street - Room 857 New York, N.Y. 10004646-386-5634shthomas@courts.state.ny.us

Ni matumaini yangu kua kuna wananchi hapa watakuwa interested na hii kazi ambayo ni challenging na pia ina mchuzi kidogo wa kuridhisha, kwa mwananchi yoyote aliye na interest either unaweza kuwasiliana na huyu dada straight, au tuwasiliane kupitia PM, sina noma na nitafanya kila ninaloweza kutoa msaada.

Wamiliki na Mods, naomba ipelekwe inapotakiwa baada ya ku-expire.

Heshima Mbele Wakuu Wote!