TANESCO: Tarrif Bill Calculation

Jafar

JF-Expert Member
Nov 3, 2006
Guys,

I need assistance from any one who knows how to calculate/estimate electricity bill given kWh consumed in both different tarrifs #1 up to #5.

For instance: given 540 kWh consumed, this translates in what TZS? I know it also goes with tariff number, but I am interested in tarrif #2 (three-phase line feeds into a hammer-mill).

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure how close to the actual bill you want this number to be but more information is needed to get the exact cost. I'm going to make few assumptions here to point you in the right direction(I'm no expert in this field)

Per Tanesco's website and using tarrif 2 numbers:

Service Charge per Month = 8,534.00
Demand Charge per KVA = 9,347.00 ..... More info is needed to calculate your KVA (see below)*
Energy Charge per kWh = 85.00

Assuming your 540KWh is a monthly usage then
Your bill would be [8534] + [9347 * (540KWh/720h) * 0.9] + [540KWh x 85] = 60,743 TSH

* To calculate KVA you need to know load usage and power factor or you can use kW/kVA meter. I have tried to deduct your KVA from KWh by assumming that your 540Kwh is usage from continuous load for 30 day billing cycle (720 hours). If your hammer-mill is running only half the time per day then you can use monthly number of 360 hours (720/2) and if it's running only 1/3 of the time then use 720/3 and so on. It's safe to use 0.9 as a power factor in 3 phase line but can vary.
hope this helps.
¬K

i'm not sure how close to the actual bill you want this number to be but more information is needed to get the exact cost. I'm going to make few assumptions here to point you in the right direction(i'm no expert in this field)

per tanesco's website and using tarrif 2 numbers:

Service charge per month = 8,534.00
demand charge per kva = 9,347.00 ..... More info is needed to calculate your kva (see below)*
energy charge per kwh = 85.00

assuming your 540kwh is a monthly usage then
your bill would be [8534] + [9347 * (540kwh/720h) * 0.9] + [540kwh x 85] = 60,743 tsh

* to calculate kva you need to know load usage and power factor or you can use kw/kva meter. I have tried to deduct your kva from kwh by assumming that your 540kwh is usage from continuous load for 30 day billing cycle (720 hours). If your hammer-mill is running only half the time per day then you can use monthly number of 360 hours (720/2) and if it's running only 1/3 of the time then use 720/3 and so on. It's safe to use 0.9 as a power factor in 3 phase line but can vary.
Hope this helps.
¬k

nimepata mwanga kidogo na kuelewa, kumbe pia wanataka na kva.

It is really expensive, I don't know when we can have competition in power supply in Tz at least this nonsense could stop!

Back
Top Bottom