Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Tamko la huyu Mbunge dhidi ya Wa-Tanzania laleta kichefuchefu!!!

Discussion in 'Kenyan News and Politics' started by Ab-Titchaz, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Ab-Titchaz

Ab-Titchaz Content Manager Staff Member

Sep 25, 2012
    One wonders....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  2. G

Geza Ulole JF-Expert Member

Sep 25, 2012
    it all comes down to which party Kaititu belongs; if he is from Uhuru's the national Cohesion Commission won't summon him

3. Ab-Titchaz

Sep 25, 2012
    Minister says MP "should be jailed'

By ALPHONCE SHIUNDU ashiundu@ke.nationmedia.com
    Posted Tuesday, September 25 2012 at 12:34

Embakasi MP Ferdinand Waititu "belongs to jail", an assistant minister has said.

Addressing a news conference at Parliament buildings Tuesday, Defence assistant minister Joseph Nkaissery called for the arrest and prosecution of Mr Waititu saying his remarks were "outrageous and bordered on incitement".

The MP said Mr Waititu's call to have the Maasai community kicked out of Embakasi constituency was "criminal".

"This man belongs to jail. He belongs to the (police) cells. We don't believe in apologies anymore. What Waititu said borders on putting this country into (chaos). Just imagine the Kikuyus living in Maralal, Narok, in Kajiado and all over the country, he's endangering his own community… We don't want an apology. We want the police to arrest him, take him to court and he should be jailed," said Mr Nkaissery.

Mr Nkaissery said Mr Waititu should also be fired from the government, because he had a "record of criminal conduct, of throwing stones at his constituents, and pulling down people's property".

Mr Waititu is the assistant minister of Water.

"He should have been removed (from government) long time ago. This is a coalition government where we're playing games with the Kenyans. Wrong people are occupying the right positions. Those wrong people should be removed, so that this country goes in the right direction.

"Mr Waititu was appointed not because he was competent…if he can hurl stones at the fellows who elected him, what kind of leader is he?" posed Mr Nkaissery.

Criminal activity

Mr Nkaissery said that the branding that Mr Waititu gave the Maasai community as "thieves", just because one person was involved in criminal activity should be "condemned".

"If one criminal does a crime, that's not a community problem. That individual should be dealt with as per the law," said the Defence assistant minister.

He said "Nairobi belonged to the Maa community", yet the Maasai had lived with every Kenyan in harmony. Mr Nkaissery added that the law allows any Kenyan to live anywhere within the country, and the call to "uproot the Maasai" from Nairobi that Mr Waititu made, was "terribly bad".

Mr Nkaissery said the lawmakers from the Maasai community were outraged by the remarks.

The assistant minister said he had already spoken to Police Commissioner Mathew Iteere, and asked him to take action. He said some politicians had asked Mr Waititu to apologise publicly to let the matter rest, but Mr Nkaissery said an apology was no longer tenable.

"Forget about mad people and statements from mad criminals. You cannot have a leader trying to urge a community to remove another one, especially at this (electioneering) time, when we must preach for peace and stability of this nation," said Mr Nkaissery.

He said that such statements coming from a person who wants to be a governor for the city of Nairobi in the next elections, were pointer that if he had the power "he could mobilise the security forces to kick out a whole community".

The Defence assistant minister asked the National Cohesion and Integration Commission to act on the hate speech committed by his government colleague.

Minister says MP "should be jailed' - Politics - nation.co.ke

4. Ab-Titchaz

Sep 25, 2012
  5. BONGOLALA

BONGOLALA JF-Expert Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Muendesha mashtaka ametaka naibu waziri afikishwe mahakamani kwa ubaguzi dhidi ya wamasai wa jimbo lake.source bbc

6. Ab-Titchaz

Sep 25, 2012
    I am sorry, says Waititu

[​IMG]

Members of the Maasai community demonstrate on Parliament Road, Nairobi over remarks by Embakasi MP Ferdinand Waititu that the Maasai should be evicted from his constituency September 25, 2012. Mr Waititu apologised for his utterances. ANTHONY OMUYA/NATION MEDIA GROUP

Posted Tuesday, September 25 2012 at 16:10

In Summary

• MP accuses the media of depicting him in bad light.

Embakasi MP Ferdinand Waititu has apologised for urging the eviction of the Maasai from his constituency.

The MP said his remarks targeted night watchmen, many of them, from Tanzania, who also happen to be Maasai. He said the blanket condemnation caught on tape was a "slip of the tongue".

"When I used the word Maasai, I saw that it had come out wrongly. I accept that mistake and I apologise.

"Nobody can claim that they have never made such mistakes, even you, in your house, your tongue does slip, and that's very normal," the Embakasi MP said Tuesday.

He said one person had been killed in Kayole in the wee hours of the morning and by daybreak, there was chaos in the area. The minister said that he was the one who quelled the chaos.

"I am fully responsible for what I said. There was nobody who was hurt after my utterances. You can interpret my statements as incitement, but that's your view. But they were already incited. When I arrived, they had already blocked the roads," said Mr Waititu.

Addressing a news conference in Parliament buildings in Nairobi, Mr Waititu denied that his utterances had caused chaos in Kayole. He said the link to the chaos was "all politics".

"People have been associating all the insecurity in Embakasi with Mungiki; but now we've seen that there are other people killing. We have foreigners killing, who happen to have that name of Maasai. What I know I did wrong was to mention Maasai, because I know we have Maasai in Kenya and Tanzania. And that's why I am here to apologise," said Mr Waititu.

Bad light

The MP accused the media of depicting him in bad light, but insisted that he'd use extrajudicial means to sort out problems in his constituency.

"The style to use when handling land-grabbing in Embakasi, is not through a manner that looks like you're in church. When you chase away land-grabbers, they never return and that game ends right there. Did you see anyone going to the police…when you go to court you will spend many years there, coming for case mentions, hearing and such things, but you should thank me for recovering land from the grabbers," said Mr Waititu.

"We shall live harmoniously with all law abiding citizens including Maasais and I sincerely apologise to them all," said Mr Waititu.

He said that the deduction that the people involved in crime in his constituency were Maasai's was made because "these people do not have identification cards".

"What I wanted to say is that the criminals, from a neighbouring country should all be evicted," the Embakasi MP said at the news conference.

He insisted that he "also had Maasai blood and will not therefore turn against his brothers".

He said he won't quit his position as an assistant minister of Water and Irrigation, because calls for him to "quit were all political".

At the same time, the chairman of the Nairobi Central Business District Association chairman Timothy Kariuki also condemned Mr Waititu's utterances terming them "reckless".

He said incitement has no place in modern Kenya and asked the police and the NCIC to take stern action against the MP.

"The act was heinous and criminal. No people should take law into their own hands and I urge the police and NCIC to take up this matter seriously and arrest Mr Waititu", Mr Muriuki said.

Additional reporting Peter Obuya

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/politics/I+am+sorry+says+Waititu/-/1064/1517204/-/item/0/-/nnohit/-/index.html

7. Ab-Titchaz

Sep 25, 2012
    Comments like these have no placein modern society more-so coming from a sitting Member of Parliament in the Kenyan August house. I dont know how they are going to explain this!

I am sorry, says Waititu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Members of the Maasai community demonstrate on Parliament Road, Nairobi over remarks by Embakasi MP Ferdinand Waititu that the Maasai should be evicted from his constituency September 25, 2012. Mr Waititu apologised for his utterances. ANTHONY OMUYA/NATION MEDIA GROUP

Posted Tuesday, September 25 2012 at 16:10

Embakasi MP Ferdinand Waititu has apologised for urging the eviction of the Maasai from his constituency.

The MP said his remarks targeted night watchmen, many of them, from Tanzania, who also happen to be Maasai. He said the blanket condemnation caught on tape was a "slip of the tongue".

"When I used the word Maasai, I saw that it had come out wrongly. I accept that mistake and I apologise.

"Nobody can claim that they have never made such mistakes, even you, in your house, your tongue does slip, and that's very normal," the Embakasi MP said Tuesday.

He said one person had been killed in Kayole in the wee hours of the morning and by daybreak, there was chaos in the area. The minister said that he was the one who quelled the chaos.

"I am fully responsible for what I said. There was nobody who was hurt after my utterances. You can interpret my statements as incitement, but that's your view. But they were already incited. When I arrived, they had already blocked the roads," said Mr Waititu.

Addressing a news conference in Parliament buildings in Nairobi, Mr Waititu denied that his utterances had caused chaos in Kayole. He said the link to the chaos was "all politics".

"People have been associating all the insecurity in Embakasi with Mungiki; but now we've seen that there are other people killing. We have foreigners killing, who happen to have that name of Maasai. What I know I did wrong was to mention Maasai, because I know we have Maasai in Kenya and Tanzania. And that's why I am here to apologise," said Mr Waititu.

I am sorry, says Waititu - Politics - nation.co.ke

8. Mzee Mwanakijiji

Mzee Mwanakijiji Platinum Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Katambua kosa lake na kaomba msamaha. Yaishe.

9. georgeallen

georgeallen JF-Expert Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Hayawezi kuisha kirahisi hivyo. Fatou Bansoda anamsubiri The Hague.

10. F

FJM JF-Expert Member

Sep 25, 2012
    oh, bless him:shut-mouth:

11. Mwita Maranya

Mwita Maranya JF-Expert Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Kenyans tribalism politics!
    Usikute wamasai wanaoishi kwenye jimbo lake hawamuungi mkono kwahiyo ana wasiwasi na kitumbua chake come 2013 election.

12. M

Mkandara Verified User

Sep 25, 2012
    Ninge[penda sana kuisoma statement yake ya kwanza maana inaonyesha anajitetea lakini maudhui ya hoja yake yanasimama palepale..Je, ni kina nani anataka waondolewe mjini!.. na utaweza watambua vipi..

13. Kichuguu

Kichuguu Platinum Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Sehemu kubwa ya wabunge wa Kenya walipata nafasi za ubunge kwa njia za kikabila, kwa hiyo ukabila unakuwa ni sehemu ya strategy yao kisiasa. Siamaini kweli kuwa mtu huyu hadi awe mbunge, hajui kuwa makabila ya wamasai, waluo, wakuria, wadigo na makabila yote ya mpakani yako sehemu zote za mpaka na familia nyingi zina ndugu pande zote mbili za mpaka na wamekuwa wanaishi vizuri tu. Yeye kukurupuka na kusema kuwa wafukuzwe wamasai wote kwa sababu wana ndugu zao Tanzania kunaonyesha kuwa huenda kuna mmasai mmoja ambaye ni tishio kwa uhai wake wa kisiasa, na anataka kuanza kumtishia na kum-preempt mapema.

14. J

JokaKuu Platinum Member

Sep 26, 2012
    ..hivi ni lazima Tanzania kuwa mwanachama wa EAC??

..kwani tukijitoa, Kenya,Uganda,Rwanda, na Burundi, wataacha kufanya biashara na sisi?

15. Baba V

Baba V JF-Expert Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Ukabila limekuwa,na litaendelea kuwa tatizo kenya kwa muda mrefu

16. Watu8

Watu8 JF-Expert Member

Sep 26, 2012
    kaomba msamaha kwa Wakenya na wala si Watanzania...kama umesoma vizuri utetezi wake utaona anasema matamshi yake yalikuwa yakiwalenga walinzi Watanzania(ambao yeye kawaita Wamaasai).
    Hiyo si mara ya kwanza kwa Waititu kufanya mambo hapaswi kufanya kama kiongozi...ashawahi kishiriki maandamano, kushiriki kurushia polisi mawe na sasa ndio katamka hayo aliyoyatamka.

17. adakiss23

adakiss23 JF-Expert Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Huyu mbunge si ndo alikula virungu embakasi pale. Alilala barabarani na kuchoma magurudumu. Hana tofauti na Sonko mbunge wa makadara. Wote walewale

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using JamiiForums

18. RR

RR JF-Expert Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Huyu pia ni Naibu Waziri (wa maji).
    Nimesikiliza 'audio clip' ya kauli ya huyu bwana, siamini kama ni a 'slip of the tongue' kama anavyosema. Alisema anachoamini, ila kwa kuogopa kuudhi wengine alishindwa kusema kabla ya hapa.

19. Facilitator

Facilitator JF-Expert Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Umeenda mbali mkuu. Haya ni maswala ya foreign affairs na diplomacy policies. Lakini cha msingi hapa ni kwamba, Mr Waititu kaomba msamaha. Hata Mungu wetu hutusamehe bila kutuletea reference za mambo mengine.

20. omujubi

omujubi JF-Expert Member

Sep 26, 2012
    laiti watawala wetu wangelikuwa wanapita huku na kuona haya. Hivi kama Wakenya wanatudharau hivi na wakati 'tunawasaidia' kutokana na rasilimali zetu unadhani hao walio mbali na sisi watakuwa wanatuchukulia vipi?
    Tuamkeni ili pamoja na kulinda mipaka yetu lakini pia tulinde na heshima yetu maana huu ni mtazamo wa watu na kuubadilisha sio mambo ya 'michakato', 'sera', 'mtambuka' nk yanayoweza kuwabadilisha bali sisi wenyewe inabidi kubadilika!
    Mwana jf mmoja amewahi kuandika hivi hapa jukwaani japo haiko linked moja kwa moja ha hili bandiko:

http://www.jamiiforums.com/jukwaa-la-siasa/321735-maandamano-ya-wanahabari-sept-11-2012-a-2.html