TAKUKURU kama ina ubavu imkamate Mwakyembe

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
Mwakyembe gives PCCB a piece of his mind

THIS DAY

Kyela member of parliament Dr Harrison Mwakyembe has hit back at the Prevention and Combating of Corruption Bureau (PCCB) over its reported investigation of MPs’ expenses, saying the government’s anti-graft watchdog appears to have a personal vendetta against some legislators.

Mwakyembe accused the PCCB of deliberately targeting certain members of parliament in its probe into allegations that some of them received double payment of allowances.

He criticised the anti-graft body for failing to similarly investigate major corruption cases, citing the Richmond power generation scandal and the mystery behind Kagoda Agriculture Limited, the top beneficiary company in the massive looting of funds from the Bank of Tanzania’s external payment arrears (EPA) account.

Mwakyembe, the Kyela MP on a ruling Chama Cha Mapinduzi (CCM) ticket, was chairman of the parliamentary select team that investigated the Richmond contract and came up with a particularly scathing findings report in February last year.

Amongst other things, the so-called Mwakyembe committee report came down heavily on the PCCB for its failure to properly investigate obvious corruption allegations in the Richmond deal.

Speaking at a media conference here yesterday, Mwakyembe said: "As a lawyer who is well-versed with individual rights as stipulated in the constitution, I will never have audience with PCCB to discuss trivial issues instead of giving serious consideration to issues of real concern to our nation.

Let's find out who are the people behind Kagoda, who really owns Richmond, and the answers to other serious questions, instead of talking about lunches given to MPs while on duty," he added.

He was directly reacting to a report in yesterday’s issue of the Mtanzania daily Kiswahili tabloid, which claimed that the MP was in deep trouble with the PCCB with regard to an ongoing investigation of expenses claims involving a number of legislators.

Mtanzania is published by New Habari Corporation Limited, a private media company owned by Igunga member of parliament Rostam Aziz.

Stated Mwakyembe: "Such hatred-driven publications (i.e Mtanzania) will never force me to go against my conscience. It will never change my focus in fighting corruption.

I respect media houses that support the national drive to uproot corruption. I am determined to fight corruption in its totality, and can’t be deterred by anyone hindering national prosperity to the masses for the sake of a few individuals enriching themselves through crooked ways."

Rostam was among a number of high-profile individuals implicated in the Mwakyembe committee report on the Richmond power generation scandal. Others included former prime minister Edward Lowassa and ex-Cabinet ministers Nazir Karamagi and Dr Ibrahim Msabaha, who were all forced to resign from government in light of the committee’s findings.

According to Mwakyembe, the PCCB is now deliberately trying to silence legislators in general through irrelevant interrogations.

He challenged the Bureau to file charges against him in court over his refusal to cooperate in the MPs’ expenses investigation.

He further asserted that a network of corrupt politicians is seeking to remove him from parliament by getting him unseated as MP for the Kyela constituency in Mbeya region, and added:

"Still, I am confident that Tanzanians are not easily fooled these days. People can differentiate credible leaders from self-centered, corrupt leaders. I know hundreds of copies of this newspaper (Mtanzania) will be sent by airfreight to Kyela and distributed free of charge to the people. But this doesn’t cause me to have sleepless nights...I am determined to push on in this fight against corruption."

He described the ongoing PCCB investigation into MPs’ expenses as a waste of time and no more than a politically-motivated move.

Wakati TAKUKURU imewashupalia Wabunge waliochukua masurufu mara mbili ambayo hayafiki hata bilioni 1, mafisadi wa EPA Bilioni 133, Kagoda bilioni 40, Richmond bilioni 172, Meremeta bilioni 155 bado wanapeta tu mtaani bila wasiwasi wala woga. Kweli nchi imeshikwa na mafisadi. Bado tuna safari ndefu sana katika kuikwamua nchi yetu toka mikononi mwa mafisadi. Wakati zogo hili likiendelea "Rais" wa nchi yuko kimyaaaa! kama vile halimuhusu. Hali ya nchi yetu inasikitisha sana kusema kweli. Huku tuendako kuna kiza kinene na cha kutisha sana.

Indeed, let the anti-corruption watchdog investigate major scandals first. And the outcome of such investigations should be seen.

Namuunga mkono Dr.Mwakyembe kwa asilimia mia na kumi,Na hao wabunge waliokubali kupigiwa simu na PCCB na kukubali kuhojiwa kwa mwito wa simu ni wa ajabu na ni waoga.Hii inawezekana hata waliowahoji sio PCCB.Huwezi ukampigia simu mtu kama Mbunge na ukamwambia njoo nataka kukuhoji bila hardcopy yoyote.Na hii inasababisha watu wengi wanazidi kutapeliwa na vijana wanaojiita PCCB wakati wengine ni wahuni tu wa mtaani.Yaani akijua una skendo fulani basi anajifanya yeye PCCB anakupigia simu anakuhoji ki-ujanja na kama pesa za kifisadi zipo anavuta vilevile.Wananchi wote pamoja na wabunge ni aibu PCCB kukuita kwa simu tena ya mkononi na wewe ukakubali wito huo.angalieni mtakuja ibiwa hivihivi na lawama kuipeleka Kwa Hosea wakati yeye mwenyewe hajui.
PCCB ujumbe wangu kwenu si utaratibu mzuri kuwapigia simu watu ambao mnahitaji kuwahoji waandikieni barua rasmi.

Well, what confuses me most is CCM and TAKUKURU seems to have common interest, TAKUKURU wanawalinda CCM, na historia inaonyesha hivyo.Mwakyembe anajua ivyo na anajua dubious deals zote kuwa TAKUKURU wanajua, ukikaa na Mwakyembe ama kwa hakika anajua uchafu wote unaonendelea nchi hii, na HII NDIYO INAMPA KIBURI KAMA HICHO,! Lakini hatusogei na wala haya makelele hayatunufaishi watanzania as a whole!

Richmond? nani kaenda jela, nani karudisha mali, yaani kujiuzulu tu wale waungwana basi ndiyo tumeridhika?

Scandals zote lazima zifuatiliwe....ziwe ndogo au ziwe kubwa. Masuala ya Richmond na Kagoda yasitumiwe kama kivuli ili kuhalalisha wizi na kutowajibika. TAKUKURU wana jukumu la kushughulikia wahalifu wote (wakiwemo wabunge) hivi visingizio vya akina Mwakyembe na wenzake havina mantiki. Kama wanajua kuwa hata wao si wasafi basi hawana uhalali wa kujifanya wanaongoza vita ya ufisadi. Lazima watoe kwanza boriti kwenye macho yao ndo wataweza kutoa kibanzi kwenye macho ya wengine.

Scandals zote lazima zifuatiliwe....ziwe ndogo au ziwe kubwa. Masuala ya Richmond na Kagoda yasitumiwe kama kivuli ili kuhalalisha wizi na kutowajibika. TAKUKURU wana jukumu la kushughulikia wahalifu wote (wakiwemo wabunge) hivi visingizio vya akina Mwakyembe na wenzake havina mantiki. Kama wanajua kuwa hata wao si wasafi basi hawana uhalali wa kujifanya wanaongoza vita ya ufisadi. Lazima watoe kwanza boriti kwenye macho yao ndo wataweza kutoa kibanzi kwenye macho ya wengine.
Ustaadh unachokisema ni ukweli lakini cha kujiuliza na kinachompa Dk. mwakyembe na wachanggiaji wengine nguvu ni pale taasis hii ilipotumika kusafisha uhozo wa Richmond. Tayari taasis yenyewe ishakuwa na kibanzi machoni pake inakuwa na uhalali upi wa kuwachunguza wabunge?
PCCB wenyewe ni wachafu kimaadili kuliko inavyo fahamika na wengi, na haya mahojiano na wabunge ni njia ya kutaka kuwapunguza kasi wabunge waliojitokeza kujipambanua kuwa wapambanaji wa ufisadi kama sio kuwaziba midomo kabisa.

Bila shaka wewe ni moja ya mafisadi au una undugu na mafisadi.

Back
Top Bottom