Susuviri and MTM quoted by ThisDay - our voices are heard!

Susuviri

JF-Expert Member
Oct 6, 2007
Naomba niwasilishe hoja ya kuwa Jamiiforums imekuwa sasa part of mainstream media na kumbe matusi tunayotukanwa na new members wanaokuja na lengo la kupamba administration ya JK ni kutokana na kuonekana kutoa hoja za nguvu, naomba niwasilishe article ya This Day ya March 12, 2009,
Unlikely bedfellows emerge in Dowans saga

THISDAY REPORTER
Dar es Salaam

PUBLIC debate on the government’s failed Dowans purchase bid continues to grow well after the state-run Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) was forced to abandon the dubious deal.

An overwhelming majority of Tanzanians seem to be fiercely opposed to the hugely controversial proposal, with just a handful of people in government and elsewhere publicly in favour of the buyout.

Most of the public debate at office corridors, street corners, radio talk shows and Internet forums now increasingly focuses on the unlikely support for the deal from the Kigoma North Member of Parliament, Zitto Kabwe (Chadema).

The youthful opposition leader, who gained nationwide popularity in the recent past after taking on the government over the controversial Buzwagi gold deal, raised many eyebrows after publicly coming out in support of TANESCO’s intention to purchase the second-hand power turbines.

Zitto stood virtually alone in supporting the relentless pursuit by TANESCO’s Managing Director, Dr Idris Rashidi, and the Minister for Energy Minerals, William Ngeleja, to land the deal.

Even as the Speaker of the National Assembly, Samwel Sitta, the chairman of the parliamentary energy and minerals committee, William Shellukindo, and several other influential MPs slammed the proposal, the opposition lawmaker remained firmly in defiance of public opinion.

And many people are now questioning the MP’s real motives for supporting the much-criticized deal, with some observers even suggesting that the image of the erstwhile respected politician could suffer irreparable damage.

At the online public forum, www.jamiiforums.com, thousands of viewers are posting critical comments on a daily basis against Ngeleja, Dr Rashidi and Zitto for supporting the proposed Dowans buyout deal.

One post that was viewed more than 500 times bestows the Chadema lawmaker with the nickname ’Dowans’ for his role in the saga.

Another post on the website titled ”The Showdown - The Gvt, Parliament, Tanesco, Dowans and the People!” dominated much of the debate on the public forum, drawing more than 18,600 views by yesterday afternoon.

’’Dowans and Richmond are not clean legal entities as they do not even have a country of origin where they have been legally registered. They are ghost companies. So we cannot negotiate with ghost companies,’’ said Susuviri, one of the JamiiForums (JF) members.

Susuviri urged members of the public to petition Rashidi for his immediate resignation or dismissal by President Jakaya Kikwete.

’’I respect Zitto a lot, but he has missed the point in this issue. It’s better for him to just keep quiet,’’ added the JF member.

Another contributor on the online forum, MTM, said: ’’Just wait and see the impact of Dowans on Zitto -- I can bet my nationality on that. There is a huge backslash coming.’’

The opposition MP was forced to post his own comments on the JF website to respond to his growing army of critics.

’’I want to state here in explicit terms that, I, Kabwe Zuberi Zitto (MP), Chairman Public Investments Committee of Parliament of Tanzania, stand with TANESCO on their desire to acquire gas fired turbines to improve electricity generation to the country,’’ declared Zitto.

He added: ’’I stand firm in my decision and ready to be held accountable to that. I do this in good faith. I am genuine and honest. People can say all what they want to say, so long as this decision is mine based on the information I have -- technical information. So long as I reached to this decision without any influence whatsoever, I stand by it.’’

The MP surprisingly lashed out at his colleagues from the parliamentary energy and minerals committee, claiming that the Shellukindo committee’s rejection of the Dowans deal was ’’politically motivated.’’

Parliamentary sources say Ngeleja and Rashidi could face tough questioning in parliament next month when the Bunge session resumes.

The parliamentary energy and minerals committee has already stated its intention to summon Ngeleja over the Dowans saga.

There have been growing calls from both politicians and members of the public alike for the resignations of the TANESCO boss and the energy and minerals minister.

It remains to be seen if the embattled Rashidi and Ngeleja will heed the mounting calls for them to step down.
Nyani my friend, nilitegemea waku-quote pia pamoja na slogan yako "Miafrika Ndivyo Tulivyo"

So ,congratulations to all JF members i am happy with that .hope one day we will have the space on their news papers just by the name ".... From JamiiForums...."

....kumbe matusi tunayotukanwa na new members wanaokuja na lengo la kupamba administration ya JK ni kutokana na kuonekana kutoa hoja za nguvu....

Mtu mwenye akili hawezi kutukana maoni ya wanaJF, ukiona anatukana, ujue kuwa ana lake jambo

Naomba niwasilishe hoja ya kuwa Jamiiforums imekuwa sasa part of mainstream media na kumbe matusi tunayotukanwa na new members wanaokuja na lengo la kupamba administration ya JK ni kutokana na kuonekana kutoa hoja za nguvu, naomba niwasilishe article ya This Day ya March 12, 2009,

Nyani my friend, nilitegemea waku-quote pia pamoja na slogan yako "Miafrika Ndivyo Tulivyo"

Well..labda ipo siku wataninukuu na mimi but I doubt it. That's too much truth for them to handle.....

Otherwise, big ups man.

Well..labda ipo siku wataninukuu na mimi but I doubt it. That's too much truth for them to handle.....

Otherwise, big ups man.

hahaha NN umeniacha hoi...u think hawawezi 'kukubali' kuwa ndo tulivo au tu hawakubaliani na ww?

On a separate note,, hongera Susuviri (angalia tu wasikutoe huko uliko sijui umeingie kwenye sukari au kwen mchuzi wao uliopikwa vizuri) na MTM

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom