Stop fishing Tambwe Hiza!

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
Stop fishing Tambwe Hiza!

Adam Lusekelo
Daily News; Sunday,June 08, 2008 @00:06

CCM’s acting propaganda chief has cautioned opposition leaders and the media to refrain from involving people in discriminatory discussions – meaning troubles in the Zanzibar.
“Everyone who wishes the country well should refrain from talking about issues that influence divisions in the country and create problems.” He preached to the press.

Do propaganda chiefs talk that way? He sounds like the late Enver Hoxja of communist Albania. In today’s Bongo such fishing is totally unacceptable. The old way of sweeping dirt under the carpet is impossible in this information and technological world.

At the bat of an eye the whole world will know who has stolen what in Bongo, and what is happening all over the global village. Now, let’s face it, there is a problem in Zanzibar. The way the government in Unguja treats the people of Pemba is not fair.

The people of Unguja cannot treat the people of Pemba as second class citizens! This is what we hear from Zanzibar. Why shouldn’t we talk about it? I think if we wish our country well we should talk about our problems. There are a lot of problems in Bongo.

I, for one the constitution should be re-done. The president of the United Republic of Tanzania has got too much power as it is. He should be more answerable to the Bunge. Right now the Prez, Jack Mrisho, can make me an MP and finance minister although my knowledge of sums is that 2x3=7!

We also have the ministry of finance as the preserve of people from the Kilimanjaro region. We know that and we talk about it in the streets. Tribalism. And we know that the Zanzibaris are not fair to the Pembans. Tribalism.

I am in quite good relations with Zanzibar president Braza Amani Karume. But I don’t agree with his stance on Pemba . Those guys are Tanzanians and deserve to be treated like the rest of us. It will be quite wrong to drive them to desperation. Some of us hate the smell of blood. Let’s avoid it as much as we can.

I know Tambwe Hiza was trying to please his boss, the CCM Vice-Chairman and President of Zanzibar, Amani Abeid Karume. But everyone knows that the people of Unguja have been sidelining the people of Pemba . That is no secret.

Now maybe we should tell the acting CCM propaganda chief that the job of the media is not to lie on behalf of the CCM or any party and definitely not the government. On Friday I read a quote by Zora Neale Hurston in the Daily Blah. It said: “I will fight for my country, but I will not lie for her.” Maybe this quote will help CCM’s Richard Tambwe Hiza in his propaganda job.

Mbwene2@yahoo.com

When Lusekelo tones down colloquism he has a way of making it plain and cutting through the bs like no other journalist, save for maybe Richard Maballa.

Tambwe ni kichaka na chaka la ajabu .Sijui anasahau tunayo yajua juu yake jamani .Namngoja wiki hii nina miadi naye nitamhoji .

Huyu Tambwe si ni yule mchumia tumbo kwa tiketi ya siasa? ni mwingine ninayemjua?yeye siasa zake ni ilimradi tumbo lipokee hata kama wadanganyika wanakwisha wote. hana maana yule, wala hastahili kuzungumza mbele za watu kwa kweli.

Huyu Tambwe si ni yule mchumia tumbo kwa tiketi ya siasa? ni mwingine ninayemjua?yeye siasa zake ni ilimradi tumbo lipokee hata kama wadanganyika wanakwisha wote. hana maana yule, wala hastahili kuzungumza mbele za watu kwa kweli.

Mkoba wa Makamba anaitwa maana anatumwa hovyo na anatumika kama jini mjinga

Back
Top Bottom