Sovereignty

Game Theory

Platinum Member
Sep 5, 2006
Has it gone?

For all the bluster about safe havens and all that, I don't get the impression that we in Tanzania are spectators.

Do we have any real freedom of manoeuvre, economic or otherwise?

Is it even possible, or - if possible - desirable to achieve greater sovereignty?

what do you think

I think its a pretty reactionary concept, like democracy.

It often obstructs wiser men than ourselves from having the power to select an appropriate course of action for our nation! How can you support democracy if some of the people who vote are reactionaries??

Some of the people that vote may even vote for a party that is incompatible with the visionary goals of our founding fathers ( of the mid 50's to early 60's)

Can you imagine how Alexander the Great would have felt if he'd had to consult some sort of 'council' for a 'mandate' every time he wanted to lead his men into the great unknown? It would have been a total fiasco!

I imagine a lot of people in Tanzania feel the same way. And rightly so.

Sovereignty is a commodity that nations tread sometimes, for their interest. Did you know that China is the biggest creditor of the US? so the US trade their ability to openly take any sanction against China by borrowing money from them. the UK preserve its right to criticize the euro zone by not entering it etc.

sasa Kwa Tanzania, what do we get by giving away part of ours?

It often obstructs wiser men than ourselves from having the power to select an appropriate course of action for our nation! How can you support democracy if some of the people who vote are reactionaries??

Some of the people that vote may even vote for a party that is incompatible with the visionary goals of our founding fathers ( of the mid 50's to early 60's)

Can you imagine how Alexander the Great would have felt if he'd had to consult some sort of 'council' for a 'mandate' every time he wanted to lead his men into the great unknown? It would have been a total fiasco!

Are these people men or women.

Women think they are led to a known destiny, they vote while men fight in cyber space.

Has it gone?

For all the bluster about safe havens and all that, I don't get the impression that we in Tanzania are spectators.

Is it even possible, or - if possible - desirable to achieve greater sovereignty?

The idea of sovereignty has lost its significancy in world politics. The idea is that it has been replaced with human security where right of sovereignty can be breached any time where the human rights are not observed. Removing Gaddafi from power is of those case study that can be used if you want to understand it that way.

The world is experiencing hard time economic wise with the failure of Europe, however, there are things that are within our reach such as accountability, transparency, distribution of wealth and democracy to mention the few. If those measures are taken seriously, I suppose we can be in a better position. Let us start it is is not too late. I know we can if we work hard.

The idea of sovereignty has lost its significancy in world politics. The idea is that it has been replaced with human security where right of sovereignty can be breached any time where the human rights are not observed. Removing Gaddafi from power is of those case study that can be used if you want to understand it that way.

The world is experiencing hard time economic wise with the failure of Europe, however, there are things that are within our reach such as accountability, transparency, distribution of wealth and democracy to mention the few. If those measures are taken seriously, I suppose we can be in a better position. Let us start it is is not too late. I know we can if we work hard.

https://www.jamiiforums.com/jukwaa-la-siasa/170168-wasiotaka-ikulu-iwe-na-website-hawa-hapa.html

This is really dissapointing! you wonder why such thing happens. I can't come to a term and am trying to understand it but without any level of success.

I think it is about a time to realise that we are living in different world and we are left behind almost in all aspects. Let me assure you that, it will be difficult to sustain the same attitude as past in the contemorary world were words such as accountability, transparency and others are common and they need to be materialized.

For those witnessed the CEO meeting in Michuzi few days earlier, am sure they understood Mr Mfuruki very well. We have to realize one important thing that the world has changed and we have to change and is not the matter of choice, if we don't, the reality will change us in which case the we will have little or nothing to control and believe me it may be not in our own interests.

destroy national sovereignity...welcome to the NWO!

Signing away our Sovereignty?

mk1.jpg

Has it gone?

There will be no Sovereignty in a democratic society. Any democratic society.

"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."

elaborate plse
sovereignty = supreme authority within a territory.
Democratic society = a society in which the people, either directly or indirectly take part in governing.i.e supreme authority is based on people.

At the heart of any democracy lies a belief that if a majority is in agreement, it is legitimate to harm the minority. Democracy allows a democratic majority to impose its will on a minority.

Mkuu

Hapo kwenye red pamekaaje?

Do you mean if that is the case then soverignity is not there. I thought soverignity is based on a certain philosophy....and if so we are now in shumbles of not having philosophy of ultimatum and this paint us in the colour which is secondary (neither ujamaa nor uliberali)

sovereignty = supreme authority within a territory.
Democratic society = a society in which the people, either directly or indirectly take part in governing.i.e supreme authority is based on people.

At the heart of any democracy lies a belief that if a majority is in agreement, it is legitimate to harm the minority. Democracy allows a democratic majority to impose its will on a minority.

Utawala wa wengi usiyolinda haki za msingi za wachache ni uhuni mtupu. Every democracy must have in -built mechanism to protect minority rights.

Ni mojawapo ya dhana ambazo hazijaeleweka sana na hazijaweza kutumiwa vizuri sana katika Tanzania. Kwenye hicho kijitabu changu nimejaribu kuifafanua hili kwani mjadala mzima wa Katiba mpya umejengwa on misconception of the idea of sovereignty..

Back
Top Bottom