So What is the Difference Btw Marketing and Advert?

SURUMA

JF-Expert Member
Mar 22, 2011
Mosha was talking to his friend, who was a Marketing Manager.
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]“Benny,” says Moshe, “what’s the difference between marketing and advertising? I’ve always wanted to know.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]“Well,” replies Benny, “suppose you’re at a party and you see a gorgeous lady across the room. Well, there are a number of things that could happen.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]1. You could go over to her and say, ‘Hi, I’m great in bed, so what about it?’[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]That’s DIRECT MARKETING.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]2. You could give your best friend £10 so he goes over to her and says, ‘Hello, see my friend over there? He’s great in bed, so what about it?’[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]That’s ADVERTISING.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]3. She could come over to you and say, ‘Hello, I’ve heard you’re great in bed, so what about it?’[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]That’s BRAND RECOGNITION.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]4. You could go over to her and get her telephone number. Then next day you could call her and say, ‘Hello, I’m great in bed, so what about it?’[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]That’s TELEMARKETING.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]5. You could walk over to her, pour her a drink and say, 'May I?' You could then reach up to straighten her hair, at the same time brushing your groin against her leg, and say, 'Hello, I'm great in bed, so what about it?’[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]That's PUBLIC RELATIONS.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]6. You could talk her into going home with your friend.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]That's a SALES REP.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]7. Your friend might not be able to satisfy her and so she could then text you.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]That's TECH SUPPORT.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]8. You could leave the party and on your way home realize that there are probably many beautiful women in the houses you're passing. So you could shout out at the top of your voice, 'I'm great in bed.'[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]That's JUNK MAIL.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]“Thanks, now I understand,” says Moshe.[/FONT]