Skype downtime today

engmtolera

JF-Expert Member
Oct 21, 2010
For skype users like me this is what happened

arlier today, we noticed that the number of people online on Skype was falling, which wasn’t typical or expected, so we began to investigate.

Skype isn’t a network like a conventional phone or IM network – instead, it relies on millions of individual connections between computers and phones to keep things up and running. Some of these computers are what we call ‘supernodes’ – they act a bit like phone directories for Skype. If you want to talk to someone, and your Skype app can’t find them immediately (for example, because they’re connecting from a different location or from a different device) your computer or phone will first try to find a supernode to figure out how to reach them.

Under normal circumstances, there are a large number of supernodes available. Unfortunately, today, many of them were taken offline by a problem affecting some versions of Skype. As Skype relies on being able to maintain contact with supernodes, it may appear offline for some of you.

What are we doing to help? Our engineers are creating new ‘mega-supernodes’ as fast as they can, which should gradually return things to normal. This may take a few hours, and we sincerely apologise for the disruption to your conversations. Some features, like group video calling, may take longer to return to normal.

Stay tuned to @skype on Twitter for the latest updates on the situation – and many thanks for your continued patience in the meantime.

Posted to: Insight:target:

You havent told as if you are the Manager,Technical advisor,Engineer,Spokes person,Communication officer or what!
You just came up with what is going on and the status!. Though i give you a BIG up for letting your customers know what is going on. I would like to advice you and you company to try the best to make Skype user friendly like its for some Blogs or social web programs like Face book

I want to join skype, show how please?, and the benefits.
its easy like your pushing a drunker man,just download the software tom-Skype set-up and install it to your computer,from there you can start opening the Skype account.
there a lots of benefits when using Skype
video calling for free if the one you call have Skype acc and he/she is on line and don't forget the free instant message
Call people on their phones at the best rates from 2.3¢/min* or even cheaper with a subscription.
Group video calling
Get more people together on a group video call - no matter where you are.
SMS through Skype
It's quick, easy and cheap to type and text any mobile with Skype.

-Get online and pay as you go with Skype Credit through WiFi providers at over 200,000 hotspots with Skype Access.
-An incredible value package – unlimited** Calls to over 40 countries PLUS $15 Skype Credit, for only $19.99 a month.

-Call and text your Facebook friends directly from your News Feed and Phonebook in the new Skype for Windows.

come on,its time to be free

mapinduziiiiii daimaaaaaaaa:whoo:

Back
Top Bottom