Shocking Article: They Steal Their Body Organs

X-PASTER

JF-Expert Member
Feb 12, 2007
Shocking Article In Sweden Angers Israel

Wed, 19 Aug 2009

An article by a Swedish newspaper suggesting that Israeli troops kidnap and kill Palestinians to steal their body organs has triggered the ire of Israeli officials.

The article published in Sweden's largest circulation daily Aftonbladet on Monday claimed Israeli soldiers abduct young Palestinians from the West Bank and Gaza Strip and return their bodies to their families after removing their organs.

The shocking report was revealed following the arrest of a New York rabbi accused of trafficking in human organs.

The article,They plunder the organs of our sons, nonetheless, was heavily criticized by Israeli media as well as officials who accused its writer, Donald Bostrom, of being "anti-semite."

Bostrom, however, says he has based the story on testimony from Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza and has denied accusations that he was motivated by anti-Semitism.

In the article, he mentions an incident in which a Palestinian was shot and killed by Israeli soldiers apparently for hurling stones at their vehicle in the northern West Bank city of Nablus.

The Palestinian, who was shot in his chest, stomach and both legs, was moved to an unknown location while being in critical condition. Five days later, his body was returned to his family with a visible scar from his neck to stomach.

Autopsy revealed that some of his organs were removed.

Bostrom believes a shortage of organs for transplant in Israel is the real cause behind the violent crime and mentions a 1992 government campaign to recruit new donors.

''At the same time that this organ campaign was going on, young Palestinian men were disappearing and being delivered back to their villages five days later at night, dead and cut open,'' he writes.

Responding to the shocking report, an Israeli military spokesman denied the charges and said Palestinians killed by Israeli forces were routinely subjected to autopsies.

The Israeli Foreign Ministry has also condemned the report, saying ''This piece is so blatantly racist and can induce to hate crimes in such a way that we think authorities need to take care of the matter.''

The ministry is also reportedly considering summoning the Swedish ambassador to protest against his government policies as well as the article.

The Israeli Embassy in Stockholm has also sent a strong diplomatic protest to the Swedish government.

Bostrom said another Swedish newspaper, Dagens Nyheter, refused to publish his piece "with no explanation" while Aftonbladet, a popular newspaper in Sweden, published the article without making any editorial changes.

Ptv

Palestinians Seek Organ Theft Probe!

Several Palestinians in the West Bank have called for an international inquiry into a Swedish newspaper report that suggests members of the Israeli army stole body organs from Palestinians.

200982464752332734_5.jpg

Bildt, Sweden's foreign minister, has said he is not
going to apologise for the controversial article [EPA]

The report, published last week in Aftonbladet, Sweden's leading tabloid, accused Israeli forces of stealing the organs from Palestinian men after killing them, a charge Israel has denied.

But Jalal Ghanem, a resident of the West Bank village of Immatain, told Al Jazeera this week that his brother, Bilal, was one of the victims of the alleged theft following his death by Israeli fire in 1992.

Ghanem said Israeli soldiers ambushed Bilal, a member of the Fatah movement and an activist during the second Intifada, at the gate of his family's home.

"They [Israeli soldiers] called him, Bilal, Bilal. He automatically turned, and they shot him," Ghanem said.

A military ambulance then transferred Bilal to a helicopter at the gate of the village, his family said.

'Body opened'

Ghanem said Israeli forces returned the body to his family a week later, but it was cut and showed signs of being opened.

"It was very clear that there was no abdomen, it showed from the way it was stitched. There were no teeth in his mouth," he said.

Bilal's death was included in the Swedish newspaper report by Donald Bostrom, a Swedish freelance journalist.
"We are not expecting an apology from the Swedish government.
We are expecting condemnation"

Binyamin Netanyahu, Israeli prime minister
Bostrom said the report was based on his own eyewitness account of an Israeli army raid on a Palestinian village in 1992.

He told Al Jazeera he was not anti-Semitic and insisted that what he had written was true.

"The body was taken away and the authorities made an autopsy with this young man against the will of the family," Bostrom said.

"All those things are actually true and happened. When the military returned the body the family said, 'We think they stole the organ of the body' because there was an empty belly.

Israeli outrage

The article has sparked outrage in Israel, with scores of ministers and commentators calling it anti-Semitic.

"The statements in the Swedish press were outrageous," Binyamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister, was quoted as telling his cabinet on Sunday.

"We are not expecting an apology from the Swedish government... We are expecting condemnation."

The Swedish government has refused to apologise for the article, saying the country's press freedom prevents it from intervening.

"If I devoted myself to correcting all the strange claims in the media, I would probably not have time to devote to very much else," Carl Bildt, the Swedish foreign minister, said.

The newspaper commented on its story on Sunday, acknowledging that it had no proof of any organ theft but argued that the story deserved publication because of the issues it raised.

source: Aljazeera

Hawa wayahudi sasa too much, wameiba ardhi ya Wapalestina na sasa zaidi ya kuwauwa na kulazimisha wizi wa ardhi wanaamua kuiba viungo (organs) vya binadamu kwa kuwavizia wasio na hatia mitaani.

Hawa wayahudi sasa too much, wameiba ardhi ya Wapalestina na sasa zaidi ya kuwauwa na kulazimisha wizi wa ardhi wanaamua kuiba viungo (organs) vya binadamu kwa kuwavizia wasio na hatia mitaani.

Duh, wewe kweli ni Bingwa wa kupaste..huwa husomi hata unachokikopi..he he..Kwenye sentensi ya mwisho kabisa ya toleo umetupestia hivi:

The newspaper commented on its story on Sunday, acknowledging that it had no proof of any organ theft but argued that the story deserved publication because of the issues it raised.
Hivi unaweza kunielewesha hii nukulu ina maanisha nini? au kiingilishi buyu?

Duh, wewe kweli ni Bingwa wa kupaste..huwa husomi hata unachokikopi..he he..Kwenye sentensi ya mwisho kabisa ya toleo umetupestia hivi:

Hivi unaweza kunielewesha hii nukulu ina maanisha nini? au kiingilishi buyu?

unataka proof gani zaidi ya kilichoandikwa? Its evident, they have been stealing organs. When you say anything bad about them they label you an anti- semite. Israel is the devil and the sooner we come to accept this the better for all of us.

unataka proof gani zaidi ya kilichoandikwa? Its evident, they have been stealing organs. When you say anything bad about them they label you an anti- semite. Israel is the devil and the sooner we come to accept this the better for all of us.

but mkuu the newspaper itself says it has no proof. So you arguing with those who wrote the article in the first place?

but mkuu the newspaper itself says it has no proof. So you arguing with those who wrote the article in the first place?

MwanaFA, that last item on the article serves as a disclaimer, because he didnt see the organ being removed from the body na hana evidence kama snaps ama video footage, he had to write that to be on the safe side of the law, unajua unaweza pelekwa court kwa sababu ya defamation.

So this doesnt mean it didnt happen, it only shows that it did, and that the writer of the article saw what happens to Palestinians on a daily basis.

MwanaFA, that last item on the article serves as a disclaimer, because he didnt see the organ being removed from the body na hana evidence kama snaps ama video footage, he had to write that to be on the safe side of the law, unajua unaweza pelekwa court kwa sababu ya defamation.

So this doesnt mean it didnt happen, it only shows that it did, and that the writer of the article saw what happens to Palestinians on a daily basis.

Bro that might be the case lakini huoni kama hii ina punguza credibility ya article mkuu? Maana this shows hana ushahidi which can with stand scrutiny. As an investigative report ali takiwa tayari kuwa na ushahidi ambao he can hand over if need be. Evidence is an important part of the due process of law. Maana sasa kama ni hivi I can also write anything na mwishoni niseme tu but I'm not sure so don't hold me liable.

Bro that might be the case lakini huoni kama hii ina punguza credibility ya article mkuu? Maana this shows hana ushahidi which can with stand scrutiny. As an investigative report ali takiwa tayari kuwa na ushahidi ambao he can hand over if need be. Evidence is an important part of the due process of law. Maana sasa kama ni hivi I can also write anything na mwishoni niseme tu but I'm not sure so don't hold me liable.

So you are trashing the report simply because the reporter didn't have substantial evidence to back his claim?
Wacha nifanye a bit of research on the issue najua I will come up with something.
X Paster uko wapi?

So you are trashing the report simply because the reporter didn't have substantial evidence to back his claim?
Wacha nifanye a bit of research on the issue najua I will come up with something.
X Paster uko wapi?

Bro,
these Jews can do anything, regardless of conventional wisdom.
Unakumbuka the UN cliam that they had used phosphorus?Kwanza they
vehemently denied it but later investigations proved that they had indeed
done it.

In this case both sides accusse each other of various atrocities and use
hyperbole to make their case. Its easy to lump blame on the Palestinians
lakini it high time these Israelis also take a share of this 'mud'.

Thats how I see it.

X Paster uko wapi?
Nipo mkuu, just naangalia jinsi madharim wanavyo teteana.

Hii habari ingependeza sana na kujaza kurasa la magazeti na internet kama wanaofanya unyama huu wangekuwa si mayahudi.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDBaod6B60c[/ame]
Al Jazeera's Jonah Hull visited the newspaper's offices in Stockholm.

Israel admitted at least one case of Organ harvesting...

In this digest: I report on a 2002 Israeli admission that a pathologist in an Israeli hospital was harvesting organs without authorization, on the hopeful sign of the start of the academic year, the beginning of Ramadan in Palestine, a video on the free Gaza movement, on follow-up to Rafah clashes (in Arabic), and on growth of religious fundamentalism in Israel.

A big tempest in a tea pot is brewing as Israel and Sweden enter a diplomatic fray because a Swedish newspaper suggested investigations are needed on cases of removal of organs from Palestinians killed by Israeli forces. There has been thousands of Palestinian civilians killed by Israeli forces and families in many cases explain how the injured and killed are taken to medical facilities and returned ordered to be buried immediately without uncovering why their bodies were opened “for autopsies” and stitched back with missing organs.

Now there are so many documented Israeli atrocities and I do believe it is important that activists get their stories right before adding another to the long list of (far better) documented atrocities. There have been well-documented massacres, ethnic cleansing, use of white phosphorous on civilians, mass execution, torture, extrajudicial execution, bombing of crowded refugee camps, and many more. So I will not here add to this storm.

I did notice missing from the discussion the fact that Israeli authorities themselves have acknowledged at least one pathologist harvesting organs but that story from 2002 was never followed up and we do not know what happened to this investigations (like hundreds of other “investigations” before it):

Abu Kabir Operating Organ Warehouse.

By IsraelNationalNews.com

My suggestion to the Swedish government is that it should respond to Israel by demanding that an independent commission look into the allegation and that Israel (for a change) stop stymieing International investigations into human rights abuses. If they have nothing to hide, let independent commissions look into the allegations.

Back
Top Bottom