Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

SHARE WATCH: WanaJF, Anyone Into Buying Shares Online?!

Discussion in 'Biashara, Uchumi na Ujasiriamali' started by Steve Dii, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Steve Dii

Steve Dii JF-Expert Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I'm interested in share buying and the whole concept of capital markets; Are you?!...

The definition of which as per wikipedia states: The capital market is the market for securities, where companies and the government can raise long-term funds. The capital market includes the stock market and the bond market. Financial regulators, such as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, oversee the capital markets in their designated countries to ensure that investors are protected against fraud. The capital markets consist of the primary market, where new issues are distributed to investors, and the secondary market, where existing securities are traded.

I'm sure there are other resources out there, but I currently find www.e-trade.com and barclays stockbrockers as appropriate online tools for buying and selling shares of multinational companies listed on markets in either country (US and UK with cross linking of others too). Have been doing this since 2002, though I must admit I'm engaged at a very elementary level, just a few shares every now and then for the sake of involvement.

Now, I feel the urge to ask members at JF if anyone is interested in the same, whether you are an expert trader or a mere keen onlooker.

We could use this thread to scan the markets for long term investment, 'bulls and bears', share ideas and news on our nascent Dar Stock Exchange, Nairobi Stock Exchange and Kampala Stock Exchange as they become linked, e.t.c.

Therefore, I wholeheartedly welcome all of your comments and ideas in this. Many Thanks.

SteveD.

2. Steve Dii

Dec 13, 2007
    No takers?!

SteveD.

3. Pundit

Pundit JF-Expert Member

Dec 13, 2007
    SteveD, how did the current market swings affect your portfolio?

4. Steve Dii

Dec 13, 2007
    Sorry Pundit, but can you be a little specific please.. As a matter of fact, I didn't initiate this thread to discuss my personal portifolio and I wouldn't expect anyone to do so, but again I hoped everyone would see that, off course some wont. I wonder if you fall in the later group.

SteveD.

5. Pundit

Pundit JF-Expert Member

Dec 13, 2007
    If you want a serious discussion of the markets in the manner presented here you will eventually have to discuss some aspects of your personal portfolio_Of course I am not asking how many thousands you have and how much you lost, I thought the idea was more like getting tips from each other "Yo, stay out of the financials and banks, the sub-prime crazyness is no joke" and stuff like that.the question was aimed at eliciting your personal experience in the current tumults of the market, not to fish for personal information.

Remember, you started the thread, are you shying away from your own game bro?

6. Steve Dii

Dec 13, 2007
    No, not at all Bro. Only that in holistic sense your question above was rather personal to me, but thanks to you that you now have made your point clear. I appreciate.

Back to the 'game' Pundit;
    Commodities and Bluechips: Between these two, what would you rather have your portifolio flourish in?

SteveD.

7. M

Mama Lao JF-Expert Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Mimi niko interested na Share...tafadhali nipeni basics...at lest kwenye DSE inaonekana ni investment nzuri ila hatuna elimu ya kutosha. I have bought several ila ndio tunaziangalia tu...saa nyingine gawio sh 7.
    ...niko bongo

8. Pundit

Pundit JF-Expert Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Mama Lao I do not have enough info about the DSE.

Common Cents will be back online soon, this is an attempt of centralizing Tanzanian commercial info.See http://tzcommoncents.wordpress.com/

SteveD

I would go with commodities.Platinum, corn and soybeans are doing good and the alt fuel is going to drive Corn up because of Ethanol.Blue chips are weaklings under "Blue Chip blues" and I think the subprime is speading to the general economy, anything with alt fuel in it will develop an abnormal curve.Emerging Markets are the thing, especially China.Gotta do your home work though.The Hang Seng is a good place to start.

9. Steve Dii

Jan 22, 2008
    Amidst this turmoil worldwide, some analysts urge to stay put and buy more shares. They say it is the right time to start investing, since much of the plunge is based on market speculation by financial institutions.

Kwa hapa Tanzania na wale mliopo Dar Stock Exchange, hii downfall ya stock market pande nyingi duniani imesababisha impact yoyote?!

SteveD.

10. Steve Dii

Jan 22, 2008
    Something interesting from Dar Stock Exchange...
    Source link: http://www.ippmedia.com/ipp/guardian/2008/01/22/106782.html

SteveD.

11. Ben Saanane

Ben Saanane Verified User

Jan 22, 2008
    Mkuu Wangu,

Hivi punde nimemsikia Said Yakubu akisema soko la hisa barani Europe limeshuka.Na je impact zake huoni hata kwa Bongo itakua ni kazi?
    Maanake hili suala limezua kasheshe sana huku India

12. Kitia

Kitia JF-Expert Member

Jan 25, 2008
    I am interested in trading in the DSE. I live in Finland, so how do I go about doing it?

13. K

Koba JF-Expert Member

Jan 31, 2008
    kumbe JF kuna traders,sasa hapa pazuri,i'm a trader too lakini i dont trade stock...damn slow for me,lots of regulations,millions of stocks to pick na sipendi idea ya 50% margin,i trade mini S&P 500 and forex ingawaje ni high risk lakini you know theres a big buck kama unajua unachofanya,so kama kuna yeyote is doing the same i'll be glad to share some ideas,lakini pls gotta be serious bcause this is a serious shit na kama ni novice and you have no clue with trading you better learn first,theres a lot of websites where you can learn about trading lakini depends what you need to trade....trading is a high risk bussines and sometimes very frustrating lakini thats where the big money is,come back to DSE kwa kweli sijui niseme nini maana hawako online na volume ni ndogo sana na sijui kama you can make a living through DSE,nasikia still wanatumia chalk,board anyway i'm not the one to judge lakini i'll never do business with DSE(atleast for now)

14. K

Koba JF-Expert Member

Jan 31, 2008
    ...you guys need to go online with electronic platform its so easy & cheap sijui kwanini hamfanyi mpaka sasa lakini kwa volume ya DSE niliyoiona i doubt,na news/research zote lazima ziwe wazi to any interested customers maana kununua share DSE sasa ni kama gambling tuu

15. Steve Dii

Jan 31, 2008
    Koba,

Swala la shares sehemu nyingi hata huko ulaya ni sawa na gambling tu ndugu yangu. Ila risks zinapungua zaidi kama unanunua share kwa lengo la kuwekeza kama long term investiment kwenye kampuni inayoaminika. Wee hebu fikiria, CRDB miaka ya early 2000 profits zao zilikuwa in millions, lakini hivi sasa they are in billions... waliowekeza huko sasa hivi wanapeta! So goes to viwanda vya cement Tanzania.

Infact, if i have to invest in a company, i.e. buy shares in Tanzania, the first option would be in cement producing companies and TBL (beer), these two for Tanzania business environment, i don't think will ever go down... unless some catastrophe like power blues and other 'acts of nature' happen!

SteveD.

16. K

Koba JF-Expert Member

Jan 31, 2008
    ...its true Steve,its pretty much gambling so as any other business,najua TZ ni buy & forget hoping things will go my way,anyway kama nilivyokuambia mwanzoni i dont do stocks na one thing tunakubaliana this is a risky business,ila ombi langu kwa hao jamaa wa DSE waweke mambo online walio nje waweze kuuza na kununua kirahisi na inabidi watu muanze kufungua brokerage firm zenu ili kusaidia DSE iwe active kidogo na kuhamasisha wananchi kwenye hii culture,na vipi huoni kama kukosekana kwa serious investment banking inarudisha nyuma sana maendeleo yetu maana hizi retail/commercial sio rahisi peke yake ku jump start hii kitu,vipi mlishawahi kufungua kakampuni kenu and rise some cash kwenda kushindana na kina manji pale BOT kwenye treasury bills,najua for sure wahindi wanatengeneza billions pale BOT kimya kimya

17. m

mtambo Senior Member

Feb 7, 2008
    SteveD, thx for this info.

Can I have yr contact?

18. Steve Dii

Feb 9, 2008
    Source: DailyNews.

SteveD.

19. Steve Dii

Feb 9, 2008
    Thanks buddy, pls pm me or just write me a mail via address provided on my stats (msn). Laters.

20. S

Siao Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Jamani msaada kwenye tuta hapo... wazee wa uchumi!!

Mtu ana vilaki vyake (maana Tz ni vilaki tu) aweke fixed account au anunue hisa? Nirushie visentensei vichache tu vinisaidie kujua kupi ndiko kujanja... nafikiria ka"analysis" karahisi ili mie ambaye ndo hivyo tena hizo term za uchumi nazikiaga kwenye bunge hapa nielewe!
    Mara hisa mara fixed acount,hee! Tusaidieni.

Siao.