Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Shangazi yake Rais Obama asema ana haki ya kupata uraia wa Marekani...mhhhh!!!

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Ab-Titchaz, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Ab-Titchaz

Ab-Titchaz Content Manager Staff Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Obama’s aunt now says she has right to US citizenship

[​IMG]

Barack Obama's aunt Zeituni Onyango and the public housing development where she had been residing on Flaherty Way on November 2, 2008 in Boston, Massachusetts.​

By ANTONY KARANJA, Dallas,Texas USA
    Posted Tuesday, September 21 2010 at 22:00

US President Barack Obama’s aunt, who was granted asylum in the US in May, believes being an immigrant, the US had an obligation to make her a citizen.

Ms Zeituni Onyango, 58, a half-sister of President Obama’s father, was speaking to a Boston TV station in her first interview since a judge ruled she could remain in the US.

“If I come as an immigrant, you have the obligation to make me a citizen,” she told WBZ-TV.

Ms Onyango had been living as an illegal immigrant until the court ruling in May this year by immigration judge Leonard Shapiro granting her asylum and allowing her to stay in the US.

She claimed that as a member of the Luo tribe, she faced danger if she returned to Kenya.

Aunt Zeituni, as she is known, admitted during the TV interview that she violated US immigration laws by overstaying her visa.

“I knew I had overstayed,” she said.

Ms Onyango came to the US in 2000. She sought asylum in 2004 but was ordered out of the country by Judge Shapiro. Ms Onyango however did not leave and stayed in hiding, though she was regularly seen in public.

Defending her use of public housing system despite her illegal status, Ms Onyango who lives in the Boston area said that she did not take advantage of the system but rather the system took advantage of her.

“I didn’t ask for it; they gave it to me. Ask your system. I didn’t create it or vote for it. Go and ask your system,” she said.

Public housing system is a program that offers government owned housing units made available to legal US residents and citizens who are low-income individuals and families at no cost or for nominal rental rates.

Ms Onyango moved into public housing after spending two years in a homeless shelter.

Despite her illegal status, she was able to obtain one of the units through the system.

Answering a question about unfairly getting the public housing ahead of those who had paid into the system she responded, “I don’t mind. You can take that house. I will be on the street with the homeless,” WBZ-TV reported on its website.

Ms Onyango asserted that when she came to the US she had every intention of returning to Kenya.

Daily Nation:*- News*|Obama

2. Nyani Ngabu

Nyani Ngabu Platinum Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Mweeeeee typical liafrika.

3. Pape

Pape JF-Expert Member

Sep 22, 2010
    uraia...

4. MwanaFalsafa1

MwanaFalsafa1 JF-Expert Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Kaaazi kweli kweli. Bado Waafrika tuna safari ndefu.

5. pascaldaudi

pascaldaudi JF-Expert Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Duh!!!!!!!!!! hakuna kubebana huko, aiseeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! Loh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, ingekuwa bongo Obama angelaumiwa, kamwaacha shangazi yake!!!!!!!!!!

6. N

Ndinani JF-Expert Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Vijana wanaolilia visa za kwenda America ndio wajifunze kuwa ukiwa kule mnakokuita majuu,hakuna cha kutegemea mjomba wala shangazi kila mtu anabeba msalaba wake!! Angalieni si mnaona shangazi ya Rais Obama anavyopata joto ya jiwe; ingekuwa ndio hapa shangazi ya mkwere angekuwa anadunda kwa kwenda mbele hata kama amevunja sheria ya nchi!!

7. pmwasyoke

pmwasyoke JF-Expert Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Kwa bahati shangazi mwenyewe ni ngangali - naona hata asipobebwa atamudu tu.

8. bucho

bucho JF-Expert Member

Nov 17, 2010
    :bowl:

9. S

Shamu JF-Expert Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Haki anayo ya kuwa raia na ataweza kushinda kesi yake. Good luck.

10. Ustaadh

Ustaadh JF-Expert Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Ni kweli tupu (maneno ya bluu).

11. The Finest

The Finest JF-Expert Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Typical african