Sepp Blatter: Scandals and The Pending FIFA Elections

Comments in chronological order (Total 177 comments)

Show comments in new window | Post a comment
  • icons_staff_16.gif
    Staff
  • icons_contributor_16.gif
    Contributor

• 60x60.png
    xtywop 31 May 2011 10:33AM

Lets hope other associations get behind the FA. Interesting to see how far the FA can/will go.

• 60x60.png
    stevegrant 31 May 2011 10:38AM

Unfortunately, while the FA statement makes sense, it does somewhat smack of a case of "those in glass houses". There are countless problems with the governance of the game in this country, caused mainly by the toothlessness of the FA, particularly in its dealings with the Premier League.
    Get certain people with conflicts of interests off the board of the FA and it might finally grow a spine. Then it can start waxing lyrical about FIFA's governance.

• no-user-image.gif
    LSE2002 31 May 2011 10:39AM

JUST IN: a message from FIFA to the FA.
    "Show me the money. Show ME the money. Show ME the MONEY. SHOW ME THE MONEY."

• 60x60.png
    avidfan 31 May 2011 10:41AM

Can someone tell me what happened with the sworn testimony in the Sunday Times from some FIFA whistleblower???
    I saw Sepp's press conference yesterday and he suggested that no such person existed?!

• 60x60.png
    Arkadiev 31 May 2011 10:42AM

there's a lot of heat and noise here but nothing that will change anything in the short term. The views of individual fans are irrelevant here unless that gets translated into pressure on sponsors.
    Having a go at our FA to do something isn't useful as there's precious little more they can do without support from the FAs of other nations. Part of the problem here is we haven't been particularly good at winning friends on the international stage and another bloody lecture on fairness from us just won't go down well.
    A proper boycott with sponsors may work but other nations need to care about this. We possinbly care more as we think we lost out in the recent world cup bid - this has been going on for decades without us wanting to address it and that's a sad fact we have to own up to. It's easy to depict us as bad losers unless we have others standing alongside us saying the same things. We look rather alone at the moment.

• 60x60.png
    laraxwell 31 May 2011 10:44AM

The views of individual fans are irrelevant here unless that gets translated into pressure on sponsors.
    ..make the switch to Pepsi..yeah?

• 60x60.png
    GunnerBeGood 31 May 2011 10:44AM

There is no better example of an industry being run by self-serving, jobs for the boys type bureaucrats than in the world of football. That includes the unions, *cough* Gordon Taylor.
    If it really is the people's game, then a revolution must be in the offing.

• 60x60.png
    Arkadiev 31 May 2011 10:47AM

@stevegrant
    There are countless problems with the governance of the game in this country, caused mainly by the toothlessness of the FA, particularly in its dealings with the Premier League.
    word
    The FA has minimal credibility and has been presented with evidence of the failings of its own governance before now without making the necessary change. The Burns Review in 05 should have led to a significant restructure of the FA but still we have a select committee this year finding the same old failings present in the FA.
    The FA at least now get the opportunity to point at someone else and say "but they're worse!"

• no-user-image.gif
    radiogent 31 May 2011 10:49AM

Nothing will be done unless the sponsors stick their oar in; so please
    Coke
    McDonalds
    Bud
    pull your collective fingers out and do something that warrants your unhealthy brands being associatied with football

• no-user-image.gif
    colddebtmountain 31 May 2011 10:49AM

Given the bickering, the suspensions, the allegations and so on, is it not arguable that Blatter has shown utter incompency in his leadership of FIFA?

• 60x60.png
    Tonytoday 31 May 2011 10:49AM

I'd love to know what Batter's definition of a crisis is if he doesn't think this is one.
    However, nothing at all will change unless FIFA's sponsors start getting angsty. And I don't see that happening just yet.

• no-user-image.gif
    melrosechick 31 May 2011 10:49AM

Its been known for years that Blatter et al are totally corrupt so why has it taken til now to say anything about it?

• no-user-image.gif
    undermywing 31 May 2011 10:49AM

I know appeals to FIFA would be like screaming in the midst of a cyclone but:
    To: FIFA From: AUSTRALIANS
    WE WANT OUR $45.2 Million BACK - You bunch of crooks!

• no-user-image.gif
    PaulieB 31 May 2011 10:50AM

The only way to put pressure on FIFA is to start boycotting the sponsors. Hit Coca-Cola, Adidas and the rest in the pocket, that'll start making some people wake up. The last thing Sony needs right now is another kicking at the shops after the PSN scandal.
    I also feel that we need to resign from FIFA, surely we have support from USA and Australia as well as the other British FA's. If we feel that strongly, then walk away.
    International football has long been tainted by corruption at the highest level and this is an organisation that isn't even answerable to their own members. This is arrogance on the grandest scale.

• no-user-image.gif
    secreto 31 May 2011 10:50AM

The hypocracy of the FA is astounding.
    (1) Only a few days ago they sent a "final" report to FIFA saying there was no foundation to the allegations by Lord Triesman.
    (2) They are a "dinosaur" of an organisation that is virtually completely out of touch with football and its administration.
    (3) Like FIFA they need to be dismantled and restructured on 21st Century principles not the 19th Century principles that reign now.
    As for FIFA they are all concerned with maintaining the status quo and the sinecures that enable them to maintain their high profile, self serving roles.
    Lord Triesman stand up and take a bow you at least tried to expose Jack Warner for what he was.
    Dave Richards you have done for the FA what you did for Sheffield Wednesday in that you are as third tier as they are.

• 60x60.png
    venerablejohn 31 May 2011 10:51AM

Over the next 10 hours or so we will bring you the latest news and reaction ahead of tomorrow's Fifa presidential election, with our reporters David Conn
    LOL!!!! Looks like we have the right man for this assignment.

• no-user-image.gif
    Halo572 31 May 2011 10:53AM

Maybe Sepp has been taking leadership lessons from Muammar or Robert.
    He certainly displays all of the traits and behaviour of a deluded, mentally ill dictator that can't see his time is up.

• 60x60.png
    Arkadiev 31 May 2011 10:53AM

@colddebtmountain
    Given the bickering, the suspensions, the allegations and so on, is it not arguable that Blatter has shown utter incompency in his leadership of FIFA?
    Blatter is not the problem. Get rid of Blatter and FIFA's governance would still be poor.
    FIFA is built on the various confederations and federations that make up FIFAs membership. There are significant flaws in many of those organisations and they'll remain no matter who is in power. It's the flaws in FIFA that have led to Blatter's leadership rather than the other way around - he serves his constituency well.

• no-user-image.gif
    WaterDragon 31 May 2011 10:53AM

Do not look to the sponsors for salvation. They're part of the problem. What used to be an enjoyable sport for players and spectators has become a vehicle for greedy exploitation and speculation. Huge corporate sponsorship only exacerbates that to the detriment of ordinary supporters.

• 60x60.png
    Eighteentimes 31 May 2011 10:53AM

The swagger and arrogance of Blatter leaves me gobsmacked! He has all the charm and grace of a Middle East or Stalinist dictator clinging to power. He clearly sees FIFA as his own personal fiefdom (sorry) and those who deign to challenge him as inferior oiks. As FIFA is revealed as the corruption infested gravy train that we always suspected it was, he talks about sorting things out within the family.
    As a season ticket holder of a premiership club I look forward to the referendum on Blatter's future...
    ...oh did he not mean me as a member of the family? I suppose he means the family of bloated apparatchiks he uses to insulate himself against the world.
    The bumbling incompetence and feudal conceit that Blatter displays (a head of an international orgtanization that cannot even speak English properly - "what is a crisis?" babbling fool that he is) would condemn any other functionary in government or business to imminent retirement. Now we should see how corrupt FIFA really is. Things are pretty clear now: either the person who has presided over this festering turd of an "organization"should be kicked out, with his acolytes to boot, or the English FA should quit FIFA in protest.
    Who needs the world cup anyway? It's clubs that drive the game, and the grassroots...a constituency that FIFA lost touch with years ago.

• no-user-image.gif
    Hoppolocos 31 May 2011 10:54AM

As above nothing will happen until the major sponsors start asking for changes, so e-mail / write to their various headquarters advising you will be boycotting their produts until they enforce changes at FIFA and /or withdraw support. If enough of us do that then things will change, but sadly I can't see enough people making the effort.
    My e-mails are already on their way.

• no-user-image.gif
    Thakinski 31 May 2011 10:55AM

I tend to agree with others here in thinking that the FA could be be seen to be deflecting criticsm of it's own failings and the rest of the world thinking "sour grapes".
    What is required now is for a credible support for their stand from some of the larger nations otherwise money will continue to do the talking, or not in an open governance sense,

• 60x60.png
    venerablejohn 31 May 2011 10:56AM

We need a breakaway from the Thiefa cleptocracy, let Blatter and his cronies continue to lord it over the poorer nations who are more than willing to accept and offer bribes. Time to bring it down or start again, is Platini playing a clever waiting game? Only he can save the whole sorry situation, time for footballs governing body to get back to football and get out of politiics.

• no-user-image.gif
    Mancuniswede 31 May 2011 10:58AM

I believe Cheryl Cole is free, and she certainly has some experience in footballers: maybe she could stand?

• 60x60.png
    Arkadiev 31 May 2011 10:59AM

The only way to put pressure on FIFA is to start boycotting the sponsors. Hit Coca-Cola, Adidas and the rest in the pocket, that'll start making some people wake up. The last thing Sony needs right now is another kicking at the shops after the PSN scandal.
    sure but we're not a key market for many of these brands. The UK has a mature market and a fairly competitive one - profits can only really grow by increments as most people are aware of these brands. If you look at where the world cup has been and is going then it's often towards developing markets where the sponsors have the most to gain in developing their businesses. Get the russians, brazilians, indians, chinese and south africans to boycott coke and then there'll be pressure. In some of those countries though they have higher priorities when it comes to political reform than football though.
    Pressure can still tell but it would have to be significant - a few 1000 people on twitter tweeting about how rubbish coke is, without significantly changing their purchasing or getting others to follow their lead won't do much. And if you haven't moved from Sony after their recent problem I really doubt this will tip you over the edge - it's peripheral.

• 60x60.png
    xtywop 31 May 2011 10:59AM

This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't abide by our community standards. Replies may also be deleted. For more detail see our FAQs.

• no-user-image.gif
    TheRightReds 31 May 2011 11:00AM

Don't let undoubted FIFA corruption and Blatter misrule hide the shambles that is also the administratio of English football, and the FA it provides to the fans....

• 60x60.png
    laraxwell 31 May 2011 11:01AM

so e-mail / write to their various headquarters advising you will be boycotting their produts until they enforce changes at FIFA
    or just send a horse's head to Blatter
    on a platter
    Woohooo

• no-user-image.gif
    hendero67 31 May 2011 11:01AM

Sepp Blather was at his head in the sand finest yesterday.
    The biggest problem the FA have in trying to take the high road is that it's not much less of a joke than FIFA. Where was all the outrage about requests for "special favours" before the England bid got two votes (one of which the FA's own)? Lord Triesman providing evidence? He's a laughingstock. Then there was the FA "promising" Germany that England wouldn't bid for the 2006 tournament. That worked out well. Mark Palios?

• no-user-image.gif
    empathyfreak 31 May 2011 11:03AM

The problem seems to be a structure in which one person or a given group of people have fantastic power to make decisions and to handle other people's money.
    A solution would be (for FIFA and other transnational bodies of similar character) for each member country to name a couple of dozen people and then for only one vote from each country to be counted and for it to be selected randomly from the couple of dozen.
    Thus you would have to bribe (or attempt to bribe) many more people and the chances of it remaining a secret diminish rapidly. Also it would cost you a lost more.

• 60x60.png
    fotozine 31 May 2011 11:06AM

Time Blatter was gone. He's a dictator. Once on the gravy train these folk just can't let go and will twist and turn to stay in the job.

• no-user-image.gif
    greedo1980 31 May 2011 11:06AM

Does the rest of the footballing world order REALLY care about this fued between England and FIFA? Corruption is a natural part of any influential organisation afterall, and the governing bodies running the worlds most powerful footballing nations are already well served by FIFA.
    I would guarantee that the bodies in countries like France (1998), Japan (2002), Germany (2006) and South Africa (2010) all played the game.
    So they will quite gladly turn a blind eye to this because they have been down the alley and know how it works. They will be implicated also.
    The English will not get an ounce of support behind their accusations against FIFA from UEFA either.

• 60x60.png
    cmcd 31 May 2011 11:07AM

The FA knew all of this, and doubtless a lot more that we are yet to discover, before they went through the process of fellating the FIFA committee in a failed bid process. They do not now have the credibility to lead the charge against a toxic, corrupt organisation which they are part of. Had England got 2018 there would not have been a peep and many of these 'campaigning' journalists would have kept quiet.
    The FA/media should have been shining a spotlight on all of this fraud, theft, patronage and feudal politics long before now.

• no-user-image.gif
    Tombien 31 May 2011 11:07AM

It would be good if key players spoke out .... but that is unlikely to happen (only Gary Neville might have done in the past). The sponsors and TV corporations are the ones who have to do something ... if they really want to do, that is. You have the feeling they are all thick as thieves together.

• 60x60.png
    Eighteentimes 31 May 2011 11:07AM

As usual people underestimate the power of the UK. English premiership football is the most popular in the world...by a country mile. This is one of the reasons that England didn't get the World Cup...massive resentment by footbal's bureaucrats. The English FA should start to represent the history and traditions of the game, and this means regarding football's family as the fans and grassroots participants. A world cup without England would simply be flawed, even if we are crap. If we can take a few European nations with us (Germany, France) then the whole of FIFA would come tumbling down.
    Sadly though there is far too much jealousy at the way the grassroots passion for English soccer turns into high revenues and top quality clubs. Even EUFA is tainted by this anglophobia. But at the end of the day they know that the home of the game still plays a massive part in the game's development. England and the other home FA's need to take a stance. The fans demand it. And we ultimately are the paymasters, and one way or another, we will be heard.

• no-user-image.gif
    Tridhos 31 May 2011 11:09AM

This guy should definitely not be president of FIFA. There should be some sort of age limit for one and more importantly no officer should serve more than two terms. To see all this happening under his presidency and still have the brass neck to run for President is bad enough, time to go Blatter nobody respects you any more.

• 60x60.png
    frosty8uk 31 May 2011 11:10AM

I would be happy for the FA to withdraw from FIFA. It's a very bold step and if others don't follow then England is an outcast for years.
    I assume they are speaking behind the scenes with a few of the other associations and it will be interesting to see if anything happens. That's the only way to get Blatter out and force change.
    It seems that FIFA is so flawed that it is probably easier to start again.

• 60x60.png
    Sofalofa 31 May 2011 11:11AM

A new broom sweeps clean If FIFA is to retain any credibility, there needs to be new leadership followed by a vigorous and transparent inquiry.

• 60x60.png
    alecw 31 May 2011 11:11AM

I reckon the FA should go the whole hog and sever all ties with FIFA, pull out of the world cup (won't win it anyway, might not qualify) claim Footie as our invention and give Blatter a big Sid James-style raspberry and two fingers.

• 60x60.png
    HIGHPENNINER 31 May 2011 11:14AM

Re: Selection of Venue for the World Cup.
    This seems to be the spark that ignites the corruption so why not have an agreed rota for all forthcoming World Cups when the selection of Venue becomes automatic?
    If the country next in line is unable or unwilling the Venue would pass to the next in the rota and so on down to the country who has the money or facilities to carry out the hosting.
    Everyone would then have a chance in rotation and only the proof of enablement would then be examined by FIFA. If that proved negative then the next in line would be offered the hosting and so on.
    We should not be surprised by the goings-on at FIFA, corruption in a capitalist setup is endemic. In the West we avoid the stigma of the word Corruption by calling it something that sounds more decent, Lobbying.......much the same only somehow acceptable by the West - and well hidden.

• no-user-image.gif
    MAN79 31 May 2011 11:15AM

First decent thing the FA has done in a long time. I think we'll find that we played along with the corruption game as much as anyone else which made it impossible for anyone to actually say anything. Jack Warner has turned whistleblower and I hope others follow.
    I would much rather we boycotted the World cup than perpetuated the corruption.
    Again the FA have been inert due in part to not wishing to be seen as hypocritical. Why do we need a multi-billion dollar organisation headed by a 75 year old tyrant on a huge salary to organise the world cup ? Lots of people would do it for free. Why do we need a muitl-million pound organisation headed by stuffed shirts on huge salaries to organise the domestic game ?
    The bit that really caught my attention is the sight of the lavish headquarters of these FAs. In countries like ours it's irritating, in countries like Jack Warner's it's ethically criminal.

• 60x60.png
    nursenurse 31 May 2011 11:16AM

'Keeping it in the family' reminded me of the Godfather, and everything implyed with it.

The Football Association and the Scottish Football Association have called for Fifa to postpone its presidential election.

Current president Sepp Blatter is the only candidate for the 1 June election after Mohamed Bin Hammam's withdrawal.

_53079082_fifalatest.gif

The FA now wants the vote delayed and an independent body to recommend "improved governance" of Fifa.

An SFA statement added: "The election should be rescheduled to facilitate a period of consultation."

The United Kingdom Home Nations are due to have discussions on Tuesday to discuss a joint stance.

Continue reading the main story
David Bond,
BBC sports editor
The FA's last-minute move is likely to end up as nothing more than an empty gesture
David Bond's latest blog
''Discussions are going to happen in the next 24 hours and that [calling for the election to be postponed] will be a topic of conversation,'' Jonathan Ford, the FA of Wales chief executive, told BBC Wales.

The English FA recently chose to abstain from voting following allegations of corruption against world football's governing body.

FA president Prince William has backed the calls for the election to be delayed.

A St James's Palace spokesperson told BBC Sport: "The Duke of Cambridge, as President, has been kept informed of the FA's proposals and is fully supportive of the Chairman and the initiatives the FA has recommended.

"He considers the transparency of the international governing body to be integral to the good governance of the game."

FA chairman David Bernstein said in a statement: "On 19 May, 2011 the Football Association announced it would be abstaining in the forthcoming election for the Fifa presidency

Bernstein calls postponement
"There were two main reasons for this decision. First, a concern, that a series of allegations relating to Fifa ExCo Members made it difficult to support either candidate.

"Secondly, a concern about the lack of transparency and accountability within the organisation, contributing to the current unsatisfactory situation.

"Events of the last few days have reinforced our views, and we call on Fifa and ask other national associations to support us with two initiatives.

"First, to postpone the election and give credibility to this process, so any alternative reforming candidate could have the opportunity to stand for president.

"Secondly, to appoint a genuinely independent external party to make recommendations regarding improved governance and compliance procedures and structures throughout the Fifa decision-making processes for consideration by the full membership.

FIFA ROW IN FIGURES
Continue reading the main story
35 - Number of nations controlled by Concacaf, from whose presidency Jack Warner has been suspended
107 - Years Fifa has been in existence. It celebrated its birthday on 21 May. Blatter has worked at Fifa for 36 years and held the presidency since 1998
208 - Number of nations represented in the Fifa congress, which will vote to elect a new president on Wednesday
40,000 - Amount, in dollars, Caribbean Football Union (CFU) leaders are alleged to have been offered to back Mohamed bin Hammam's presidential bid
360,000 - Cost, in dollars, borne by Bin Hammam to provide travel and accommodation to 25 CFU members, as detailed in Bin Hammam's submission to Fifa's ethics committee
1,000,000 - Cash gift, in dollars, Warner claims Blatter gave to Concacaf "to spend as it sees fit"
2,500,000 - Amount, in pounds, Lord Triesman claimed Warner wanted from England's 2018 bid team for an educational project in Trinidad and Tobago. An inquiry has since cleared Warner
29,600,000 - Outlay, in pounds, from Australia on its unsuccessful bid to host the 2022 World Cup. Australian senator Nick Xenophon has demanded Fifa refund it in full
"This has been a very damaging time for the reputation of Fifa and therefore the whole of football.

"To improve confidence in the way the game is governed at the very top, we believe these requests would be a positive step forward and the minimum that should take place."

The SFA later added to the growing concern over the running of football's world governing body.

"The events of the last two days, in particular, have made any election unworkable," added its statement. "The integrity and reputation of the game across the world is paramount and the Scottish FA urges Fifa to reconsider its intentions, and calls on other member associations to consider the long-term implications for the game's image.

"We also propose the following actions: Fifa should appoint a wholly independent ethics committee; a significant comprehensive plan should be formulated and presented by Fifa to its members regarding essential changes to its governance, decision-making processes and transparency; a new date is set for the presidential election, giving suitable candidates time to prepare and present their plans for a more transparent and accountable Fifa."

Whether the two FAs will receive the support of their counterparts remains to be seen but Blatter, speaking defiantly at a news conference on Monday, seemed set on making sure the presidential election went ahead unless three quarters of Fifa's congress of 208 voted otherwise.

Blatter, 75, is vying to be re-elected for a fourth term and, despite insisting Fifa was not in crisis, the FA's latest move comes amid world football's governing body being undermined by a series of corruption allegations.

Uncomfortable moments as Fifa president Sepp Blatter answers questions from the media on Monday
Following question marks being raised over the legitimacy of the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bidding processes, the Fifa presidential election race has been tarnished by further claims of wrongdoings.

Bin Hammam, president of the Asian Football Federation (AFC), and Fifa vice-president Jack Warner have been provisionally suspended by Fifa's ethics committee over allegations that financial incentives were offered to Caribbean Football Union members.

Blatter was also investigated following a charge against him by Bin Hammam, although Fifa's ethics committee did not find the president had a case to answer.

Bin Hammam has appealed against his ban, while Warner revealed an e-mail in which Fifa general secretary Jerome Valcke suggested Bin Hammam "bought" the 2022 World Cup, which will be held in Qatar.

Valcke responded by saying his remarks were taken out of context before the latest twist to the turmoil surrounding Fifa resulted in major sponsors Coca-Cola, Adidas, Emirates and Visa expressing their concern at the damage being done to Fifa by the alleged claims of corruption.

Meanwhile, anti-corruption watchdog Transparency International backed calls for an independent body to delve into the goings on within Fifa.

"Free and fair elections cannot take place when there is a suspicion that voters may have been swayed," Sylvia Schenk, senior advisor on sport to TI, said in a statement.

"Fifa delegates know that they must clean house if their vote is to have legitimacy."

SOURCE: BBCNEWS

hawezi kuhairisha yule. Halafu jinzi asivyowapenda waingereza.

Hivi kwanini hakuna nchi nyingine inayowaunga mkono waingereza? The way I see it is as if the English are trying to bring down Blatter after they "missed out" on hosting the World Cup in 2018

Kwa maoni yangu Rais wa FIFA Sepp Blatter amekuwa ni kiongozi aliyeleta mageuzi makubwa katika shirikisho hilo la soka Ulimwenguni kwa kuona umuhimu wa kuzipa nafasi nchi zingine katika mabara mengine pia nafasi ya kuandaa kombe la dunia. Ni Blatter ndiye aliyesisitiza kombe la dunia la Soka 2010 kufanyika katika ardhi ya afriKa licha ya vikwazo vingi alivyokumbana navyo. Hakuna ubishi fainali zile za kombe la dunia zilizofanyika Soth Africa zilikuwa ni za kiwango cha hali ya juu sana kushinda nyingi zilizotzngulia.

Blatter pia amezipa nafasi Urusi na Qatar kuandaa Fainali hizo katika miaka ya 2018 na 2012.
Nafasi hiyo ilikuwa inawaniwa kwa udi na uvumba na Uingereza lakini ukapigwa chini.

Kitendo hicho hakikuifurahisha Uingereza inayoamini kuwa inahaki zaidi ya wengine, hivyo mahusiano kati ya viongozi wa Chama cha Soka cha Uingereza (England) na Rais huyo wa FIFA yakaanza kulegalega. Jana FIFA imefanya uchaguzi wake na Blatter kachaguliwa tena kuliongoza Shirikisho hilo kwa muda wa miaka mingine minne, Uingereza ilikuwa ikitaka uchaguzi huo uahirishwe ili kupisha tuhuma za uchunguzi wa tuhuma za rushwa katika shirikisho hilo. Uingereza ilisusia uchaguzi huo.

VIVA Blatter

Kutokana na hasira za Waingereza, kinachofuata sasa ni kumwekea vikwazo Blatter. Kazi ni Kwake!

Sep Blatter kapita bila kupingwa rais wa Fifa, kwa mujibu wa BBC Swahili jioni hii.

FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter was re-elected for a fourth term of office until 2015 by the 61st FIFA Congress, held today in Zurich. A clear majority of 186 member associations voted in favour of the incumbent president, who will remain at the head of world football’s governing body for the next four years. In total, 203 ballots were cast in an election conducted by secret ballot.

President Blatter thanked the delegates for placing their trust in him. “I am honoured to accept the 61st FIFA Congress’s mandate to serve as president during the 2011-2015 period. Together we can tackle the problems that football faces today and show that our game remains very solid and strong,” he said.
1445635_medium.jpg

The FIFA President spoke about the need for transparency and “zero tolerance” in the fight against the dangers that threaten football. The member associations approved his proposal that the Congress will have the final vote to decide on the host of the FIFA World Cup™ and will have the power to elect the members of the FIFA Ethics Committee. The Congress also approved another proposal made by President Blatter: the creation of a corporate governance and compliance committee composed of respected personalities from the football family, and possibly from other areas outside football, which will have the duty to investigate and suggest solutions to the problems they identify. The FIFA President concluded that, if required, an extraordinary congress would be convened in order to review the findings of this committee and restore FIFA’s credibility.

I am honoured to accept the 61st FIFA Congress’s mandate.
FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter
The 208 member associations of FIFA were all in attendance at the start of the Congress, which approved the decision taken two days before by the FIFA Executive Committee to lift the suspensions on the football associations of Bosnia-Herzegovina and Brunei Darussalam. The associations of Brunei Darussalam and São Tomé e Príncipe were not entitled to vote as they had not met the statutory requirements regarding minimum participation in FIFA competitions. Consequently, 206 associations had the right to vote.

At the start of proceedings, the FIFA Congress approved the agenda for the 2011 Congress, the minutes of the 2010 Congress in Johannesburg, the 2010 FIFA Activity Report, FIFA’s financial statements for 2010 and the 2007-2010 period, and the detailed budget for 2012. The details of these financial statements are contained in the FIFA Financial Report, which can be read on FIFA.com.

The Congress ratified a number of amendments to the FIFA Statutes. Articles 73 and 78 to 80 were amended to have clearer provisions regarding the authorisation of international matches in order to protect the integrity of the game.

An amendment to article 5 was also approved in order to give a statutory basis to the “first-registered players” project proposed by FIFA in close cooperation with UEFA, which has the objective of protecting training clubs and young players, as well as the pool of players available for the representative teams, and encouraging the competitiveness and unpredictability of competitions.

In addition, article 14 was modified so as to allow for a member association that commits one single but very severe infringement of its obligations as a member to be suspended. Finally, articles 34 and 36 were amended to modify the name of the Internal Audit Committee to Audit Committee, in order to better reflect the role of this committee as a body that reports to the Congress.

Finally, outgoing FIFA Vice-President Dr Chung Mong-Joon was made Honorary Vice-President of FIFA by the Congress, and outgoing Executive Committee members Junji Ogura, Franz Beckenbauer and Geoff Thompson were presented with a distinction. Meanwhile, HRH Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein, David Chung and Jim Boyce were welcomed as new FIFA Vice-Presidents, and Manilal Fernando, Mohamed Raouraoua and Theo Zwanziger as new members of the FIFA Executive Committee, as elected this year by their respective confederations.

Next year’s FIFA Congress will take place in Budapest, Hungary, on 24 and 25 May 2012

FIFA inaitwa ni familia.

Ni familia kubwa sana na Blatter amefanya mengi kuanzia Afrika mpaka Asia na nchi nyingi zisizo za Ulaya ndizo zilizompa kura 186 dhidi ya 120.

Pia amesaidia sana kuzinyanyua nchi maskini zionekane kimpira kwenye ramani ya dunia na Ghana ikiwa mfano kwa kuchezesha fainali za world Cup kule South Africa.

Akiwa raisi wa FIFA Blatter amekusanya revenue zaidi ya £2.5 Billion kutoka kwa wafadhili na wahisani wengine kama Emirates na Coca-Cola.

Tuiache familia hii ifanye kazi zake.

Namkumbuka Mzee Muhidin Ndolanga na FAT ya wakti ule alivyokuwa akichaguliwa bila ya kupingwa sana.

FIFA inaitwa ni familia.

Ni familia kubwa sana na Blatter amefanya mengi kuanzia Afrika mpaka Asia na nchi nyingi zisizo za Ulaya ndizo zilizompa kura 186 dhidi ya 120.

Pia amesaidia sana kuzinyanyua nchi maskini zionekane kimpira kwenye ramani ya dunia na Ghana ikiwa mfano kwa kuchezesha fainali za world Cup kule South Africa.

Akiwa raisi wa FIFA Blatter amekusanya revenue zaidi ya £2.5 Billion kutoka kwa wafadhili na wahisani wengine kama Emirates na Coca-Cola.

Tuiache familia hii ifanye kazi zake.

Namkumbuka Mzee Muhidin Ndolanga na FAT ya wakti ule alivyokuwa akichaguliwa bila ya kupingwa sana.

Huyu jamaa namkubali ila nadhani amewakoroisha wakubwa kwa kuwanyima kombe la dunia UK na USA. Baada ya hapo nilijua tu kitakachofuata.

Sidahani dhoruba hii ya FIFA tungesikia kama UK na US wangepewa ofa ya kuandaa kombe la dunia.

Ocampo upo? indite Blatter ..

Thank you umenichekesha sana.

Na ameshinda,alistahili kuachia ngazi.Ameshusha sana thamani ya soka.

Sawa ameshusha thamani soka lkn aliyoyafanya Blatter akiwa kama Rais wa FIFA ni makubwa kuliko unavofikiri wewe! Mageuzi ni mengi sana, watangulizi hawajawahi kuyafanya aliyoyafanya Blatter!
Kwenye uongozi lazima ukumbane na vikwazo vya hapa na pale!