Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Senior mine geologist

Discussion in 'Nafasi za Kazi na Tenda' started by Buswelu, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Buswelu

Buswelu JF-Expert Member

Oct 19, 2010
    OSITION OVERVIEW

The position is a key player within the North Mara Geology team, reporting directly to the Geology Manager. The Senior Mine Geologist will be a team leader to a dynamic group of Mine, Production and Graduate Geologists focused on optimally defining and extracting gold ore from 3 open cut pits.

Work Schedule: Rotation Status (8 weeks on / 4 weeks off)

KEY RESULT AREAS / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
    § Develop, review and implement best practice open pit narrow vein gold mining grade control systems.
    § Ensure ore is mined with maximum recovery and minimal dilution.
    § Lead, manage and motivate a large team of Mine, Production and Graduate Geologists, as well as drilling contractors.
    § Manage stockpile and blending strategy.
    § Implement, maintain and report accurate mine to mill reconciliation practices.
    § Provide on-time data for MY & EOY resource and reserve estimation, LOM and budget processes.
    § Ensure daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting commitments are met.
    § Interface with mine, corporate and community stakeholders to ensure success of open pit mining operations.
    § Ensure that activities are carried out in conformance with all ABG policies inclusive of cultural, safety and environment.
    § Proactively promote a positive site safety and environmental management culture.

WHAT WE WANT…
    • Commitment to safety and environment above all else.
    • Demonstrated leadership and management ability.
    • High level, demonstrated report writing and effective presentation delivery skills.
    • Person capable of taking initiative to achieve positive outcomes.
    • A drive for continuous improvement.
    • Highly organized individual capable of prioritizing tasks.
    • Demonstrated ability to deliver outcomes on-time.

PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL DETAILS
    • Degree in Geology.
    • +8 years open pit narrow vein gold mining experience.
    • Demonstrated knowledge of Reconciliation, Stockpile Management, Dilution Control, Sampling, Assay + QAQC principles.
    • Prior experience in similar capacity within Archaean Greenstone Gold environment.
    • Demonstrated people leadership + management skills and training.
    • Database (Acquire) + mine planning software (Surpac) high level proficiency.
    • A valid Driver's License.
    The position will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits.

Applicants are invited to submit their CV's (indicating the position title in the subject) via e-mail to:nmhr@africanbarrickgold.com Or Human Resource Superintendent, North Mara Gold Mine Ltd Box 422, Tarime
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    If you are not contacted by Barrick within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful
    Please forward applications before November, 2 2010

2. FirstLady1

FirstLady1 JF-Expert Member

Oct 19, 2010
    thanx Buswelu haya Ma- Geo cahaka hilo lakini mmh!

3. Amoeba

Amoeba JF-Expert Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Vp First, unaogopa kukaa porini miezi miwili utakuta mtu amehamia nyumba ndogo? lol!

4. Buswelu

Buswelu JF-Expert Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Teh teh wanaruhusiwa kuja siku hizi...with those 2 Months...unaweza mleta mumeo au mkeo...ingawa kwa mwanaume duu kwenda kule kwenye makazi yaoo....dah kazi kwao.Wa miner....

5. K

Kituko JF-Expert Member

Oct 19, 2010
    kuna bonge la story nyuma ya mmh, tujuze dada

6. Buswelu

Buswelu JF-Expert Member

Oct 19, 2010

Teh teh the fanye ni faster mtume CV zenu bwana.