[h=1]Smoke signal[/h] Another iPhone bursts into flame, this time in Brazil [h=4]Photo: blogdoiphone.com[/h] The Blog do iPhone ran this photo of a burned handset. By Seth Millstein Friday, December 2, 2011 The iPhone exploded onto the scene when it was released in 2007. Now, the devices are literally blowing up. Ayla Paulo Mota was asleep in Brazil, her iPhone 4 charging inches from her face, when she woke up abruptly and saw "sparks and black smoke out of the cell," she said. "I woke up, seconds before witnessing the burning of my iPhone," she told Blog do iPhone, according to a Web translation. "I turned off the power switch … to remove the phone from the outlet. Soon after, I opened the windows of the room … to remove [the] smoke." It's the second iPhone to spontaneously combust in less than a week. An iPhone began glowing red and emitting smoke aboard an airliner in Australia last Friday. In both instances, nobody was injured. Apple has yet to comment on the latest incident.