Say like a lawyer

Kaduguda

JF-Expert Member
Aug 1, 2008
A Prof stepped into a law class & threw an orange at one of his students and said "Give it as a gift to any of your friends now".

The boy said to one of his friends "Tee, I give this orange to you as a gift".

The Prof gave him a stern look and said "Like a lawyer!". Immediately, the boy straightened up, cleared his throat & began: "I Stanley Omenta, adult, male of 98 vineyard close, hereby with all intent & purposes wilfully give unto you Messrs Theodore Bilinte of Woji Street, this citrus with its skin, seeds, segments, juice and supple innings that you may exercise actual & proprietary rights thereon, to hold unto same as a gift, a bequest, an endowment validly so transferred, given out, bequested, alienated, assigned, that you may eat, lick, devour, suck, make juice out of, munch or grant, give out, devolve, alienate in your rightful capacity as the owner either in actual, virtual or constructive capacity of an agent or attorney as may be chosen by you, that the said citrus may be treated in the aforementioned ways or other ways not so listed but not as a weapon to be thrown at persons or animals with malicious intent to hurt, inflict pain or serve as an incendiary action to incite unrest of any kind, but that the said citrus may be used in such beneficial capacity or simply be destroyed in such exercise of legal & equitable ownership as may be deemed fit by the beneficiary of this bequest".

I never knew giving out a gift could be this tedious! :hand:
A%20S%2013.gif

My! What a profession! All this verbiage? That's why their books are so voluminous

Back
Top Bottom