SasaTel (Dovotel) kuzinduliwa tarehe 15 June.

i would say they are extremely smart mzee...,GSM is thing of the past!it is now treated as the god old friend who once served the world same way people treat walkman's and their good old tapes!!

CDMA is the future..,bind it with 3G then you have the best of both worlds,CDMA phones are bulky now..,it's only a matter of time before we can see them in TZ.,

u won't miss GSM for sure for it is the past..,CDMA,3G,4G...,are the future.,

often companies who build base and forget of the hot thing in the market strive in the long run.,

How exactly is GSM the past? Voda, Zain, Zantel Voice and Tigo are all GSM. MTN, Voda, Cell-C,Virgin in South Africa are all GSM.
Europe is almost entirely GSM. In fact about 80% of the worlds cellphone users use GSM.
TTCl who are CDMA have been a misserable failure with their Hauwei handsets, nobody likes them.

3G and 4G are just data speeds you can get them on either CDMA or GSM.

I was just saying in a market where you already have an established GSM userbase it seems like a mistake to introduce an incompatible technology. They might have more sucess with wireless Internet though.

How exactly is GSM the past? Voda, Zain, Zantel Voice and Tigo are all GSM. MTN, Voda, Cell-C,Virgin in South Africa are all GSM.
Europe is almost entirely GSM. In fact about 80% of the worlds cellphone users use GSM.
TTCl who are CDMA have been a misserable failure with their Hauwei handsets, nobody likes them.

I was just saying in a market where you already have an established GSM userbase it seems like a mistake to introduce an incompatible technology. They might have more sucess with wireless Internet though.

if you understand mobile forensics then CDMA is about the only "best" for the future of mobile usage

ndugu i was not talking from an observer point of view rather from a very experienced pro point of view,if you ask any engineer will tell you CDMA is more secure(i.e. output is coded in packets of data).,transmits less radiation to the user,and handles more calls per cell site.
GSM is a little older and doesn't have the potential for the future data applications. GSM speeds have almost peaked with the EDGE technology while CDMA speeds will reach DSL speeds in many markets come 2011.the future is CDMA because of this.
GSM is great for voice, but the future is in data and voice over IP(VOIP)applications and CDMA is far ahead in that arena.
coverage is much better with CDMA 110 kms versus GSM 35kms.

hiyo coverage issue is more of market hype,yeah (TDMA)GSM has been here long enough and NOKIA has majority of it's cellphones in GSM standard.
remember CDMA is widely used in Japan,USA,Latin America,CHINA,KOREA etc..,
BUT CDMA is a superior tech to TDMA(GSM) as we are now coming to an era where a mobile phone is an industry standard.

GM was the best one day BUT now Toyota RULES.the smartphone industry is now wide open,and CDMA is the future.

what i liked about that dovotel company was their realization for better technology instead of hype,
their understanding of data communications,and telecoms and a move that is bold as it has been.
respect to them for sticking to engineering principles,and get away with hypes.
yes the current market is in love with TDMA(GSM) but soon they will realise that (TDMA)GSM was just weak,not equiped for the next generation of cellular usage.
Reminds me of Google..,when everyone kinda bashed them for having a logarithms only search engine!that was 10 years ago anyways..,fast foward from 1998 please..,
kudos to dovotel,

Hao TTCL walikuwa na nia nzuri,what they lacked was a master plan,forgive them though..,u can't do much when ur management is run by a so called "foreign expert management" who only cares about his bonus and doesn't give a sh*t about Tanzania.
simu za Huawei are no way attractive,BUT CDMA technology abundant handsets they could have choosen from.

are you kidding?!3G and 4g are just speeds?tell me a GSM network with higher speed than 384Kb/s..

go read understand what GSM(TDMA) really is my friend..,

the best TDMA achieved was EDGE..,what you just said about GSM technology achieving 3G speeds was not correct..,
you can only achieve 3G speeds through UMTS which is cell division technology aka CDMA..,

what GSM operators do is they clone the existing GSM infrastructures to work in a cell based architecture..,hence they Use WCDMA to provide 3G speeds to already existing gsm users provided they have required handsets(supports UMTS).,UMTS/HSDPA are also CDMA based - they use W-CDMA as their air interface. They are the successor to GSM, they're not based on GSM. GSM uses TDMA.

VODA will never tell you that they are using a WCDMA technology to provide you those 3G speeds because it doesn't work in market sense!

do you really think they should tell you that those 8 cells in GSM can only output 270kbps?

no they won't they go out upgrade their towers and system and come out shouting 3G!!

BUT having a core CDMA based architecture for engineers is just a blessing..,

so i gave them kudos for embracing better engineering and not following hype.

when people starts shopping online,viewing sites in a handset..,u will wish u had a WCDMA/CDMA based technology with ya..,

GSM is being reingineered to W-CDMA , Uwezi kupata 3G bila CDMA VODA,ZAIN lazima wanatumia hiyo kwa ajili ya 3G.

Tatizo kubwa la CDMA ni Handset, lakini faida yake kubwa ni kwamba unaweza kucover the same area with ferwer BTS if u opt for CDMA than GSM,so that mean Less operation cost in tems of generators,walinzi,mafuta,staff,Transmission resouces e.t.c (competitive advantage for mass MARKET) ,you can set lower and still be profitable

Kwa mujibu wa Jarida la Ughaibuni (JARIDA LA UGHAIBUNI) kampuni hiyo inaendeshwa na Dr. Angaluki Muaka (raia wa Kenya) na wenzake, ambaye alinyimwa leseni kwa kuwa kampuni yake ilisadikiwa ingefunika kampuni nyingine za mawasiliano ya simu huko Kenya. Soma habari hiyo kwenye Blog hiyo ya wanaBongo Stanford University.

Swali: Huyu ni Mkenya, mtu mweusi, jirani yetu, ameweza. Tena ni Mkufunzi wa Kiswahili, huko Ughaibuni. Sisi Wabongo kinachotushinda ni nini? Tumerogwa? Kwa nini tunaogopa KUJARIBU? Ndio wapo watu wenye UWEZO hapa Bongo, lakini wanakaa na vijisenti vyao mpaka vinaozea benki, wanakufa wakiviacha. Badala ya kuwatumia Wabongo wenzao wafanye kazi pamoja, tunaachia suala la Mawasiliano kwa KAMPUNI ZA KIGENI! Mbona hakuna (msiseme TTCL) kampuni hata moja ya Cellular Communications ya WAZAWA?

./Mwana wa Haki

are you kidding?!3G and 4g are just speeds?tell me a GSM network with higher speed than 384Kb/s..

go read understand what GSM(TDMA) really is my friend..,

the best TDMA achieved was EDGE..,what you just said about GSM technology achieving 3G speeds was not correct..,

you can only achieve 3G speeds through UMTS which is cell division technology aka CDMA..,

what GSM operators do is they clone the existing GSM infrastructures to work in a cell based architecture..,hence they Use WCDMA to provide 3G speeds to already existing gsm users provided they have required handsets(supports UMTS).,UMTS/HSDPA are also CDMA based - they use W-CDMA as their air interface. They are the successor to GSM, they're not based on GSM. GSM uses TDMA.

VODA will never tell you that they are using a WCDMA technology to provide you those 3G speeds because it doesn't work in market sense!

do you really think they should tell you that those 8 cells in GSM can only output 270kbps?

no they won't they go out upgrade their towers and system and come out shouting 3G!!

BUT having a core CDMA based architecture for engineers is just a blessing..,

so i gave them kudos for embracing better engineering and not following hype.

when people starts shopping online,viewing sites in a handset..,u will wish u had a WCDMA/CDMA based technology with ya..,

Lol! EDGE IS 3G! lol!
EDGE is considered a 3G radio technology and is part of ITU's 3G definition
So what are you guys talking about??

Ok to get better speeds they might use CDMA "behind the scenes" but the user doesnt CARE about behind the scenes! only Engineers care.

Also it doesn't matter what technology lies behind the infrastructure, that is the problem with Engineers you are in love with fancy cutting edge technology BUT you fail to consider the actual market for that technology!

Simply being technologically better is not enough, customers are going to need an actual reason to give up their GSM handsets and jump on CDMA, so what is this reason for Dovotel exactly?

Are Tanzanian voice users going to switch to Dovotel for higher CDMA data speeds? I think not.

Are they goint to switch for "higher packet security". I think not.

The moment you tell people they need to buy a new handsets to use your seervice you better have a pretty good reason for them to switch, so whats the reason here???

Lol! EDGE IS 3G! lol!

BUT you fail to consider the actual market for that technology!

Simply being technologically better is not enough, customers are going to need an actual reason to give up their GSM handsets and jump on CDMA, so what is this reason for Dovotel exactly?
The reason Tigo is doing fine currently is because the play well with the price factor,understand price has a limit as constrained by running cost !
With CDMA for instance you would need 300 BTS to cover the whole TZ while you would need at least double that amount to cover with GSM.That is to say operation cost with CDMA is cut by 40%!!!! .Actually if on need to compete in Terms of Price use CDMA you will beat those with GSM

Tatizo CDMA mpaka uwashawishi wateja wanunue simu mpya ya CDMA! Wabongo wote tuna GSM na mpaka sasa CDMA nyingi ni zile za Hauwei ambazo hakuna anayezipenda. Hapo naona ndo watapata tabu sana.

Mkuu; si hivyo tu, kwa wanaojua Benso Online ambao wanatumia CDMA, they are on Death Bed. Walijaribu kuiuza, haiziki wala hainunuliki.

Zantel and the rest may be OK kama wanatumia combination ya CDMA na GSM.

Mkuu; si hivyo tu, kwa wanaojua Benso Online ambao wanatumia CDMA, they are on Death Bed. Walijaribu kuiuza, haiziki wala hainunuliki.

Zantel and the rest may be OK kama wanatumia combination ya CDMA na GSM.
Toa bure Hizo hadset with some contracts

Kazi ni kwa watumiaji/walaji! Wale ambao walifunga ndoa na ile mitandao yenye dhima ya kufilisi shauri lao!

Lol! EDGE IS 3G! lol!

So what are you guys talking about??

Ok to get better speeds they might use CDMA "behind the scenes" but the user doesnt CARE about behind the scenes! only Engineers care.

Also it doesn't matter what technology lies behind the infrastructure, that is the problem with Engineers you are in love with fancy cutting edge technology BUT you fail to consider the actual market for that technology!

Are Tanzanian voice users going to switch to Dovotel for higher CDMA data speeds? I think not.

Are they goint to switch for "higher packet security". I think not.

The moment you tell people they need to buy a new handsets to use your seervice you better have a pretty good reason for them to switch, so whats the reason here???

if you read me well i particularky said that they are smart for sticking their ground to engineering principals..,CDMA is not the best there is weeweee..,BUT at least they are the future.

as i said before..,everyone was laughing at Google..,when they introduced their ridiculous 25 lines(before changing to 10) of search results..,when Yahoo and alsta vista was doing banner ads and all those fancy ads back in the day..,as it turns out people were after quality results and not some fancy banners..,
every executive then question how they could make money..,anyways..,i don't want to go down this road,everyone knows the story.
Tanzania doesn't need gsm just because everyone has it in europe.we use it in TZ because of kufuata mkumbo.if anyone had cared to do a marketing reasearch and analysis of as per our needs we would be using CDMA all the way..,it feets the poor..,by offering cheaper prices,guaranteeing further reach and being extremely scalable.
Unajua kinchi chetu kipo hapa kilipo because no ONE listens to professionals.politics zimezidi..,
TTCL move to introduce CDMA was the best move they have ever done as a company..,BUT management impya imewaangusha..,if dovotel can capitalise in that then they can as well be successful.

in btn:CDMA is able to be transmitted at lower frequency power that lower EMF emissions compare to your friend GSM!talk about cancer na simu zetu made in china!!
no wonder people are dying kama kuku before gracing 50!life expectancy is tiptoeing at 38!!
we are exposed to dangerous techies with no coverage/protection and ofcourse no one cares!how about that.

if you are a marketing guy then there is no reason i would deny you pioneering for GSM blindfolded..,same way some people believe tapes were better,cd were superior to DVD,DVD is just as good as Blue ray etc.

BUT once tanzanians deserve better..,na hiyo claim ya CDMA is ugly or expensive is not profound it is actually the opposite.

if i came and tell people 3 years ago that blackberry was a good choice for many interprise people some would have ridiculed me for being techy and all..,BUT since it is voda/ZAIN telling you then sawa...,huko ni kufuata mkumbo!!

when one seeks of higher packet sequrity we are talking about QoS..may be huelewi lakini hell yeah no tanzanians likes dropped calls,jammed up networks etc.
tumezoea kwa kuwa sie tanzania bad service is normal service,tumewekwa hapa na hii mifisadi yetu.
your question is like asking are Tanzanians going to like better health care?!yes they do.just because hawazipati now don't doom them for that.

high data packet speeds..,are you kidding me?who wouldn't want a faster internet connection to go with his phone?!

hizi backward thinking doomed us behind kenya and will doom us if
removed.we need to look for better and cost effective.

and if loooking at TDMA and CDMA then CDMA wins hands down.

Jamani tukubali, GSM imetoka mbali na bado ina nguvu-US walijivuta sana kujiunga na GSM , matokeo yake GSM imetawala dunia. Tatizo la CDMA kama waliosema, itabidi mtu awe na simu mpya . Halafu kwenye roaming ndo kashehe, maana mitandao mingi duniani ni ya GSM! Ni kweli ni tekinolojia nzuru , inakuja juu-lakini bado its a hard sell!

Mimi Ningefurahi sana kuona kuwa hizi Company zingekuja na hudma ya Internet kwa kila kwenye simu maana hata wale mwenye simu ya mkononi, jamani ndugu zangu huduma za simu za mkono Tanzania ni Kubwa sana maana hata hizi kampuni zinacollide each other kwa ajili ya kupandisha bei then hata kama wanaibia wananhic unategemea nini kama mwenyekiti wa bodi za mashirika haya ni Msekwa na watu mashuhuri ndio maana wanibia watu mithili ya watu wezi vile, hakuna Nchi yenye Gharama kubwa kama tanzania

Jamani tukubali, GSM imetoka mbali na bado ina nguvu-US walijivuta sana kujiunga na GSM , matokeo yake GSM imetawala dunia. Tatizo la CDMA kama waliosema, itabidi mtu awe na simu mpya . Halafu kwenye roaming ndo kashehe, maana mitandao mingi duniani ni ya GSM! Ni kweli ni tekinolojia nzuru , inakuja juu-lakini bado its a hard sell!
Hujafahamu kwa nini makampuni yanang'ang'nia GSM,Ukianza na GSM ukitaka kwenda kwenye CDMA You have to go for WCDMA ambapo air inteface/Um and Abis (BTS and BSS ingeneral ) must change yaani sawa na kubadilisha gari ipite kwenye reli, hii investment ndo wanayoogopa ,VODA na zain walishaanza kwa baadhi Kwa miji mikubwa.Wale new comer kwenye Mobile kwao ni rahisi kuanza na CDMA direct,Kule Asia ni CDMA kwa sana maana walichelewa kuingia kama sisi.Ninawaambia within no time all mobile will go there then why buy technology which is at its decline phase of a life cycle.

Last edited:
US coverage ya maana broadbandwise inatoka Sprint with their EV-DO CDMA based network.T-mobile sux because of holding on to GSM.BUT the USA has the capital and the ability to hold on to expensive technlogies..,and they still depend on CDMA,we actually don't.When you talk about roaming how many tanzanians travel abroad?or even hold passports?!

ofcourse support ya handset manufacture's is important if TZ has to thrive in CDMA,we should abandon Nokia,same way telcos abandoned Erricson etc..,cost effective should be a way to go..,
am sure LG,samsung,HTC have enough handsets in their current lineup to end this nokia GSM dominance and provide user friendly handsets to tanzananians.

if you read me well i particularky said that they are smart for sticking their ground to engineering principals..,CDMA is not the best there is weeweee..,BUT at least they are the future.

as i said before..,everyone was laughing at Google..,when they introduced their ridiculous 25 lines(before changing to 10) of search results..,when Yahoo and alsta vista was doing banner ads and all those fancy ads back in the day..,as it turns out people were after quality results and not some fancy banners..,
every executive then question how they could make money..,anyways..,i don't want to go down this road,everyone knows the story.
Tanzania doesn't need gsm just because everyone has it in europe.we use it in TZ because of kufuata mkumbo.if anyone had cared to do a marketing reasearch and analysis of as per our needs we would be using CDMA all the way..,it feets the poor..,by offering cheaper prices,guaranteeing further reach and being extremely scalable.
Unajua kinchi chetu kipo hapa kilipo because no ONE listens to professionals.politics zimezidi..,
TTCL move to introduce CDMA was the best move they have ever done as a company..,BUT management impya imewaangusha..,if dovotel can capitalise in that then they can as well be successful.

in btn:CDMA is able to be transmitted at lower frequency power that lower EMF emissions compare to your friend GSM!talk about cancer na simu zetu made in china!!
no wonder people are dying kama kuku before gracing 50!life expectancy is tiptoeing at 38!!
we are exposed to dangerous techies with no coverage/protection and ofcourse no one cares!how about that.

if you are a marketing guy then there is no reason i would deny you pioneering for GSM blindfolded..,same way some people believe tapes were better,cd were superior to DVD,DVD is just as good as Blue ray etc.

BUT once tanzanians deserve better..,na hiyo claim ya CDMA is ugly or expensive is not profound it is actually the opposite.

if i came and tell people 3 years ago that blackberry was a good choice for many interprise people some would have ridiculed me for being techy and all..,BUT since it is voda/ZAIN telling you then sawa...,huko ni kufuata mkumbo!!

when one seeks of higher packet sequrity we are talking about QoS..may be huelewi lakini hell yeah no tanzanians likes dropped calls,jammed up networks etc.
tumezoea kwa kuwa sie tanzania bad service is normal service,tumewekwa hapa na hii mifisadi yetu.
your question is like asking are Tanzanians going to like better health care?!yes they do.just because hawazipati now don't doom them for that.

high data packet speeds..,are you kidding me?who wouldn't want a faster internet connection to go with his phone?!

hizi backward thinking doomed us behind kenya and will doom us if
removed.we need to look for better and cost effective.

and if loooking at TDMA and CDMA then CDMA wins hands down.

Now you are all over the place! Cancer?

DVDs were better because you can clearly show the quality difference. Google was better because you could clearly show better search results. And so on... What can you show me with a CDMA Mobile Phone (Dovotel, TTCL) That is better than the current GSM/HSPDA mobile phone? I dont see anything at all (as the consumer of course).

Furthermore if you move to a CDMA phone you now find yourself locked out of all the other providers! Tanzanians switch SIM cards everyday, now why would they accept suddenly sticking with one company or carrying 2 phones around?

www.thenewplayer.com
ingia hapo utapata baadhi ya vitu....sidhani kama wana update mara kwa mara
karibu ulingoni the new player...upunguze bei ya soko...ya gharama za simu ingawa mkulo amepiga kodi juu pia utupe ajira kwa ndugu zetuu...tukuze living standards....karibu

DVDs were better because you can clearly show the quality difference. Google was better because you could clearly show better search results. And so on... What can you show me with a CDMA Mobile Phone (Dovotel, TTCL) That is better than the current GSM/HSPDA mobile phone? I dont see anything at all (as the consumer of course).

Furthermore if you move to a CDMA phone you now find yourself locked out of all the other providers! Tanzanians switch SIM cards everyday, now why would they accept suddenly sticking with one company or carrying 2 phones around?

Tanzanian's carry 5 Sim cards because we are constantly trying to get cheaper services,longing for endless promotions etc..,
never seen any developed country citizen carrying as many handsets as Tanzanians..,the reason is because we don't have a single adequate service.

clearly you have zero engineering knowledge so i wouldn't go on telling you same thing like 10 times..,it won't help..,u won't get it.

all those DVD analogues were just examples where the so called "consumers" like you were so busy bashing better technology just because it didn't fit your desires.

i don't expect you to see advantages of using CDMA technology for a new company with zero cell coverages..,i don't see you see advantages that a company that needs building a network has by choosing CDMA as it's core technology..
it is too technical my friend,too damn technical for you.
it is a shame that so many people here have been trying to tell you that GSM is a dying technology..,it had to apply WCDMA core technology to survive for god's sake!!why don't you get that?!
si umeambiwa lakini HSDPA ni CDMA architecture?huelewi au?!sasa why building a GSM network,patching it with WCDMA to get HSDPA while one could get a well grounded CDMA network?!
as you said,you are just a customer,how can you deside if CDMA is better than TDMA?!go ask majority of people in TZ or the world if they even care what TDMA means...,this is stuffs that engineers discuss,see good and bad about them.kuachia wanasiasa waamue if GSM is better or worse sio sahihi...,
sasa kwa nini huelewi kuwa apples won't be oranges?!
sorry buddy but if you don't understand something do not discuss,

DVDs were better because you can clearly show the quality difference. Google was better because you could clearly show better search results. And so on...

what you fail to realize is that those two technologies faced so much denial from pundits like you..,
google almost went bankrupt..,it took real guts for Google guys to stand up to giants like yahoo..,
because they believed in logarithmic approach of their solution.and that was pure engineering ..,that idea would never sell to any executive at a time,kwa sababu nyie consumers were relaxed and "happy" wit banners.

Tanzanian's carry 5 Sim cards because we are constantly trying to get cheaper services,longing for endless promotions etc..,
never seen any developed country citizen carrying as many handsets as Tanzanians..,the reason is because we don't have a single adequate service.

clearly you have zero engineering knowledge so i wouldn't go on telling you same thing like 10 times..,it won't help..,u won't get it.

all those DVD analogues were just examples where the so called "consumers" like you were so busy bashing better technology just because it didn't fit your desires.

i don't expect you to see advantages of using CDMA technology for a new company with zero cell coverages..,i don't see you see advantages that a company that needs building a network has by choosing CDMA as it's core technology..
it is too technical my friend,too damn technical for you.
it is a shame that so many people here have been trying to tell you that GSM is a dying technology..,it had to apply WCDMA core technology to survive for god's sake!!why don't you get that?!
si umeambiwa lakini HSDPA ni CDMA architecture?huelewi au?!sasa why building a GSM network,patching it with WCDMA to get HSDPA while one could get a well grounded CDMA network?!
as you said,you are just a customer,how can you deside if CDMA is better than TDMA?!go ask majority of people in TZ or the world if they even care what TDMA means...,this is stuffs that engineers discuss,see good and bad about them.kuachia wanasiasa waamue if GSM is better or worse sio sahihi...,
sasa kwa nini huelewi kuwa apples won't be oranges?!
sorry buddy but if you don't understand something do not discuss,

what you fail to realize is that those two technologies faced so much denial from pundits like you..,
google almost went bankrupt..,it took real guts for Google guys to stand up to giants like yahoo..,
because they believed in logarithmic approach of their solution.and that was pure engineering ..,that idea would never sell to any executive at a time,kwa sababu nyie consumers were relaxed and "happy" wit banners.

Kimweri.

You know your stuff! I am converted:)

PHP:

DVDs were better because you can clearly show the quality difference. Google was better because you could clearly show better search results. And so on... What can you show me with a CDMA Mobile Phone (Dovotel, TTCL) ?

TTCL has failed because they lack capital and owners have tag of war on wether to add or not more finace to the rucrative projects,there is a confilict of interest for ZAIN( one of the shareholder who want TTCL do die away ,like TBL bought the Moshi brewing factory and left it to die away only to fight away competion) they fear competition .

PHP:
That is better than the current GSM/HSPDA mobile phone? I dont see anything at all (as the consumer of course).

Hits contracted 600 BTS to huawei to cover the whole country while ,with good design (optimized one) you just need half of these ,just 300 to cover the same.Hii maana yake nini,Operation cost zinashuka ukitumia CDMA,then you can set lower tarriffs than those using GSMeventualy everybody will buy CDMA handset for benefit of cheaper tarrifs ,and as every on comming entrants shall use CDMA the customer will not rock themself to one operator

Furthermore if you move to a CDMA phone you now find yourself locked out of all the other providers! Tanzanians switch SIM cards everyday, now why would they accept suddenly sticking with one company or carrying 2 phones around !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom