Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Romney Flip Flop: Mitt Pledges to Keep Key Obamacare Provisions in His Own Health Care Reform Bill

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by MaxShimba, Sep 10, 2012.

1. MaxShimba

MaxShimba JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Flip flop Mitt Romney strikes again, this time on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday. Romney told host David Gregory that if elected president, he would keep portions of Barack Obama's health care law, referred to as Obamacare.

After months of Republican pledges to overturn Obamacare on Day 1 if elected in November 2012, Mitt Romney's admission comes as a major surprise, and will undoubtedly be used by the Obama campaign as fodder for attack during the upcoming presidential debates in October.

Romney told host David Gregory, "Well, I'm not getting rid of all of health care reform. Of course there are a number of things that I like in health care reform that I'm going to put in place. One is to make sure that those with pre-existing conditions can get coverage. Two is to assure that the marketplace allows for individuals to have policies that cover their family up to whatever age they might like. I also want individuals to be able to buy insurance, health insurance, on their own as opposed to only being able to get it on a tax advantage basis through their company."

Romney still pledged to repeal Obamacare, but left viewers wondering how, if at all, his health care plan would be any different, given that he pledged his support for all the core parts of the law (i.e. ensuring coverage for those with pre-existing conditions). He said, "I say we're going to replace Obamacare. And I'm replacing it with my own plan. And even in Massachusetts when I was governor, our plan there deals with pre-existing conditions with young people."

Romney Flip Flop: Mitt Pledges to Keep Key Obamacare Provisions in His Own Health Care Reform Bill

My Take: Where is
    MITT ROMNEY: 'I Will Repeal Obamacare' ?

2. MaxShimba

Sep 10, 2012
    [TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD]... The Republican vice presidential hopeful, who has vehemently spoken and voted against "Obamacare," or the Affordable Care Act, was found to have requested money for his home state of Wisconsin, which was allocated for health-center expansion under President Obama's plan, according to the Nation. The Huffington Post followed up with Ryan's campaign manager for details.

"This grant program was created by President Bush, not Obamacare. This ... type of misinformation is what you get from gotcha reporting on liberal blogs," Ryan spokesman Brendan Buck said, taking a swipe at The Nation...

It's true that former President George W. Bush and the Republican-led Congress doubled funding for community health centers in what was Bush's largest effort to address lack of access to health care for the poor.

But contrary to the response from the Romney-Ryan campaign, the money Ryan asked for would have come directly from President Barack Obama's Affordable Care Act. The health care law boosts funding by $11 billion for the country's roughly 8,000 community health centers that treat more than 20 million people. That money comes on top of a $2 billion increase for community health centers that was part of the 2009 economic stimulus package.

But the response from Ryan's spokesman also raises a question about the candidate's philosophy on federal spending on health care: Why would he consider dollars approved by Bush to be a good use of money, but funds approved by Obama to be bad? (we know the answer to this one, don't we?)

Paul Ryan Requested Obamacare Funds Despite Voting Against Program
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

3. J

Jasusi JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2012
    After the Democratic convention, Obama is leading in the polls 49% to 44% for Romney. According to a Romney campaign official, they are now hedging their hopes on the first debate in October. I think the writing is on the wall.

4. Nyani Ngabu

Nyani Ngabu Platinum Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Oh wow!

So the election is over. Obama won.

Congrats!

5. F

FJM JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Bado, subiri warudie muziki wa tax returns! Romney atarudi Mexico.

6. J

Jasusi JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2012
    No, Nyani,
    It is not yet time to open the champagne. But you know the US is a country of polls, and things could change
    between now and October 31. But I was taken aback by the statement by the Romney official that they are putting their hopes on te first debate. Romney must perform a miracle.

7. Nyani Ngabu

Nyani Ngabu Platinum Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Si Obama keshashinda...sasa nisubiri nini tena?

Fungueni tu champagne...

8. MaxShimba

Sep 10, 2012
    Myth Rom-nut said he would repeal and replace Obamacare. Glad to see he's keeping pre-existing. Haha, his views are "evolving."

9. MaxShimba

Sep 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

10. MD24

MD24 JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Huyu mitt atakuwa mwendawazimu, anasubiri nini ku step down???

11. chash

chash JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2012
    He has etched another sketch

12. Mwamanda

Mwamanda Senior Member

Sep 10, 2012
    I do predict the election will be won by Obama.

13. MNYISANZU

MNYISANZU JF-Expert Member

Sep 11, 2012
    I support Romney simply because he has reveal his real colour...

14. MaxShimba

Sep 13, 2012
    The Romney "plan" will leave tens of millions of people without insurance. Children who have autism, Chron's Disease, cancer, birth defects, diabetes, etc. will be unable to get health insurance or if they can when they become adults they will be excluded because of preexisting conditions. Mr. Romney should just ‘fess up. He wants tens of millions of people uninsured, unable to get or afford health insurance, to lower the federal budget so he can give huge tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires.

15. MaxShimba

Sep 15, 2012
  16. MaxShimba

Sep 15, 2012
  17. MaxShimba

Sep 16, 2012
  18. Kigogo

Kigogo JF-Expert Member

Sep 16, 2012
    hawa republican hawakuwa na mgombea makini aidi ya huyu jamaa?maana ni mtupu sana

19. MaxShimba

Sep 17, 2012
    .......And, therein, lay their dilemma

20. MaxShimba

Sep 20, 2012
    Romney is a Flip Flopper and a Liar, so as Ryan