Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Romney Aides Call Eastwood Speech ‘Strange,’ ‘Weird,’ ‘Theater Of The Absurd’

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by MaxShimba, Aug 31, 2012.

1. MaxShimba

MaxShimba JF-Expert Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Romney campaign aides are trying to avoid blame for the campaign's idea to have Clint Eastwood speak at the Republican National Convention, the New York Times reports, following Eastwood's peculiar, rambling dialogue with an empty chair meant to represent President Obama.

"Not me," said an exasperated-looking senior adviser, when asked who was responsible for Mr. Eastwood's speech. In late-night interviews, aides variously called the speech "strange" and "weird." One described it as "theater of the absurd."
    At the same time, Romney adviser Stuart Stevens voiced an on-the-record approval of the speech.

"He spoke from the heart with a classic improv sketch which everyone at the convention loved," Mr. Stevens said, also calling it "an honor that a great American icon would come and talk about the failure of the current president and the promise of the future one."

Romney Aides Call Eastwood Speech 'Strange,' 'Weird,' 'Theater Of The Absurd' | TPM LiveWire

2. MaxShimba

Aug 31, 2012
    It was a sad speech

3. Nyani Ngabu

Nyani Ngabu Platinum Member

Aug 31, 2012
    It was awesome.

4. georgeallen

georgeallen JF-Expert Member

Aug 31, 2012
    I loved the speech. It was magnificent

5. J

Jasusi JF-Expert Member

Aug 31, 2012
    You wouldn't see it any other way.

6. MaxShimba

Aug 31, 2012
    I will always like Clint, but now I can see why he is supporting Mitt. I wonder if a younger, clearer minded Eastwood could be duped.

7. Kiranga

Kiranga JF-Expert Member

Aug 31, 2012
    People actually watch this ****? In real time?

8. H

Hofstede JF-Expert Member

Aug 31, 2012
    It was sad speech for Romney because Eastwood stoled the podium. Willard's speech was forgoten as soon as he finished. Nobody remembers it but everybody remembers Eastwood's empty chair. It was a gift to Obama.

Rush nae anakuja na conspiracy that Obama manipulated Isaac to cancel GOP's first day of convention. Ingekuwa imetokea kwenye Dems conventions angesema mungu kakasirika lol!

[video]http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/08/27/limbaugh-suggests-obama-admin-manipulated-hurri/189588[/video]

9. Cynic

Cynic JF-Expert Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Speech??? weird comedy/stole the spotlight from R&R

10. AshaDii

AshaDii Platinum Member

Sep 1, 2012
    I really don't care what he said, but I love the man. Viva forever Eastwood... My vouch would be he said exactly how he felt regardless ya the impact of the speech whether positive or negative.

11. MaxShimba

Sep 1, 2012
    Eastwood was duped

12. sabasita

sabasita JF-Expert Member

Sep 1, 2012
    It was very stupid, old eastwood is an Imbecile

13. jmushi1

jmushi1 JF-Expert Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Alisema "The invisible Obama on the chair",amemtuma akamwambie Romney "go **** yourslef",na akamjibu hapo hapo kwa hawezi kumwambia Romney hayo maneno kwasababu hawezi kujinanihii yeye mwenyewe.

14. mtotowamjini

mtotowamjini JF-Expert Member

Sep 2, 2012
    i was wondering the same thing

15. AshaDii

AshaDii Platinum Member

Sep 2, 2012

Khaa! aisee.... No comment! Thanks Jmushi, mana hio kali lol.

16. MaxShimba

Sep 3, 2012
    • [​IMG]Enlarge PhotoABC OTUS News - Clint Eastwood Gets Cut From Romney RNC Video (ABC News)

A video mash-up of speakers from last week's Republican National Convention does not include an appearance from the " mystery RNC speaker," Clint Eastwood.
    The two-and-a-half minute video posted today to the Romney campaign's YouTube account features former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, VP nominee Paul Ryan and of course, Romney himself, but it leaves out Eastwood's controversial speech.

Eastwood caused a stir at the convention and on Twitter with a rambling speech Thursday night, in which he interviewed an invisible President Obama in a wooden prop chair.
    The speech launched a trend called " Eastwooding ," and prompted one supporter to tell Vice President Joe Biden , "You gotta keep the chair."
    "You got that? The invisible chair," Bev Kalmer of Poland, Ohio said.
    White House senior adviser David Plouffe called Eastwood "an American treasure," on ABC's " This Week " Sunday.
    "We're all Clint Eastwood fans here in the Obama campaign," Plouffe said.
    A Romney adviser said the presidential candidate found Eastwood's routine funny, but other Republicans worried it disrupted the flow of the final night at the national convention.
    "I personally think Clint Eastwood was a mistake before he came out," former California Senate candidate Carly Fiorina said today on "Meet the Press."
    Speaking on the same show, former presidential candidate Newt Gingrich called the performance "a distraction."
    "I think in the long run it's almost irrelevant. But it's the sort of bump that gives everything something to tweet about, and it provides lots of fodder," Gingrich said. "On the other hand, if you're Mitt Romney and your choice is to have Saturday Night Live decide to pick on Clint Eastwood or pick on you, I think- I think I'd give them Clint Eastwood for every night for the rest of the campaign."

Clint Eastwood Gets Cut From Romney RNC Video - Yahoo! News

17. MaxShimba

Sep 3, 2012
    Ha ha ha ha ha, Mittenuts must be going crazzzzzzy

18. B

Bukyanagandi JF-Expert Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh really! are you a DIRTY HARRY magnum force FANATIC? remember his famous catchphrase "Go ahead, make my day" that was then, however in 2012,the bravado fell a little flat.

Remember Dirty Harry is in his 80s now and probably as blind as a BAT, more likely to shoot himself than a bank robber so they SAY, his speech was quite unhelpful - in my opinion. Sijuhi kama utanikaribisha kunywa kikombe cha Espresso au Cappuccino baada ya kumsema rafiki yako CLINT!!

19. AshaDii

AshaDii Platinum Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Cannot denunciate you for not wanting to come for a cappuccino once hailed by me... BUT I am really so staggered by the virulence of your words on me just because I favor the man. DISCERN that there are numerous edges of everything, what you do is prize the side you want and baton by it or shove it whereva you can!

It is not a matter of where I stand in whatever he says politically, I like him period! BTW he is an old man now - you dont have to take everything he says seriously.

20. MNYISANZU

MNYISANZU JF-Expert Member

Sep 9, 2012
    It is all about funny !