Roles of kadhi courts

May 10, 2012

It is very sickening to see people in Jamii Forums who claim to be great thinkers debate on issue they have little or no knowledge with. It is very sickening to see people affecting Jamii Forums Credibility with their weak arguments and mediocre comments. Knowledge is Power, and Power is Our Light. If you don't have knowledge, you are powerless,and If you are Powerless, you are in darkness. It is very sickening to see majority of JF Members are in dark, Why? Because they are frustrated in every angle of their lives. They fancy religious debates in destructive way, they abuse mosques and churches, they abuse sheikhs and pastors, if Juma speaks no matter if it is critical and beneficial, he will simply oppose and crush Juma, why, because he is simply James, and the vice versa is true.

Now, I am here to share with you my little knowledge on the topic of the moment. Mahakama ya Kadhi.

But, majority of us, Muslims and Christians do not know exactly, what will be the roles of Kadhi Courts. our Neighbors, Kenya, where the Muslim population is far less than Christians, have Kadhi Courts, and it very ridiculous to argue that, Kadhi Court System is not healthy to Tanzania.

ROLES OF KADHI COURTS

1. Officiating of and registration of marriages between Muslims
2. Counseling and mediation between Muslim couples in marital disputes
3. Adjudicating over divorce proceedings and the issuance of divorce certificates
4. Dissolution of Muslim estates.

Let us stop cheap arguments and move forward.

Jamii Forums is loosing its credibility as Home of Great Thinkers.

Kijana Msomali What are the weaknesses of our normal court in dealing with all duties of Kadhi Court you have just mentioned?

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to fight for Hospitals, Schools. Kadhi is not our priority. We have our Court System.

Kijana Msomali The argument my brother in on ''financing'' the activity of the Kadhi Court....thats all....if Kenyans are comfortable in having their taxes cover their Kadhi's expenditure let it be their problem. For sure myself I would not want to see my taxes being used on something that has no benefit to me. If Mosslem of this country can pay these sexpenses what is the problem? Who pays for the Mufti or Cardinal's expenses? certainly not the Treasury!

Last edited by a moderator:
The argument my brother in on ''financing'' the activity of the Kadhi Court....thats all....if Kenyans are comfortable in having their taxes cover their Kadhi's expenditure let it be their problem. For sure myself I would not want to see my taxes being used on something that has no benefit to me. If Mosslem of this country can pay these sexpenses what is the problem? Who pays for the Mufti or Cardinal's expenses? certainly not the Treasury!

Mkuu mbona your taxes are used to cover expenses za mafisadi....and you are comfortable with it certainly.

NDio maana tunasema wenzetu waislam ni walalamishi,hauwezi kulazimisha sehemu yenu ya ibada i.e mahakama ya kadhi igharamiwe na serikali will never happen in Tanzania never!!!

Kijana Msomali The argument my brother in on ''financing'' the activity of the Kadhi Court....thats all....if Kenyans are comfortable in having their taxes cover their Kadhi's expenditure let it be their problem. For sure myself I would not want to see my taxes being used on something that has no benefit to me. If Mosslem of this country can pay these sexpenses what is the problem? Who pays for the Mufti or Cardinal's expenses? certainly not the Treasury!

Who is financing the Muslim cases right now?

[

ROLES OF KADHI COURTS

1. Officiating of and registration of marriages between Muslims
2. Counseling and mediation between Muslim couples in marital disputes
3. Adjudicating over divorce proceedings and the issuance of divorce certificates
4. Dissolution of Muslim estates.
Jamii Forums is loosing its credibility as Home of Great Thinkers.[/COLOR]
[/FONT][/SIZE]

When mahakama ya Kadhi started in Nigeria, they also claimed that mahakama ya kadhi will be dealing only with those 4 petition.

But believe me, in Nigerian Northern States dominated by muslims, Kadhis are sentencing women to death by stoning, amputing arms for thieves, strokes for minor offenders.

Why here are you choosing party of SHARIA and leaves others? Is because Islam in Tanzania has undergone some revolutionary?

Sisi tunadai MOU na serikali tujenge shule na hospitali nyingi zaidi. Hayo mambo ya ndoa kwetu sio priority kwanza tunaoa mke mmoja na suluhu inapatikana kwa wazazi ikishindikana ustawi wa jamii. Waachieni mahakama yao wachinjane

Sisi tunadai MOU na serikali tujenge shule na hospitali nyingi zaidi. Hayo mambo ya ndoa kwetu sio priority kwanza tunaoa mke mmoja na suluhu inapatikana kwa wazazi ikishindikana ustawi wa jamii. Waachieni mahakama yao wachinjane

Acculturation...

waislamu wanaongozwa sana na hisia. Hakuna hata mmoja aliyeonyesha mahakama zetu zimeshindwa nini kwa hayo. Njia ya kutokea waislamu ni kipaumbele kwa shule si madrasat.

Who is financing the Muslim cases right now?

If they are not ''islamic cases''....yes it is the STATE....and there are no such rulings or sentencing like STONING.....CHOPPING OF HANDS...etc...etc......otherwise if a moslem breaks a law they are treated like any other subject of the STATE

Back
Top Bottom