RiVALDO Ajiunga na timu ya ligi kuu ANGOLA Kabuscorp

Lucchese DeCavalcante

JF-Expert Member
Jan 10, 2009
_57887704_rivaldo_uzbek_gtty.jpg

Rivaldo has chosen to play in some unexpected destinations since leaving Milan in 2004, having spent two years with FC Bunyodkor of Uzbekistan from 2008 Brazilian World Cup winner Rivaldo has joined Angolan side Kabuscorp in a surprise move.

The former Barcelona star, who won the World Cup in 2002, has signed a one-year deal with the Girabola club.
Since leaving Italy's AC Milan in 2004, Rivaldo has returned to Brazil to play some of his club football but has also played in Greece and Uzbekistan.
The 39-year-old was unveiled to the Angolan media at a news conference in the capital Luanda on Friday.
"This is going to be a new experience for me," the 1999 World Footballer of the Year was quoted as saying by Angolan media.
"I am happy to be there and as happens with all the clubs I join, I will try to honour the shirt of Kabuscorp and hope to meet expectations on the field."
Angola hosted the last Africa Cup of Nations in 2010 and is a country with one of Africa's highest GDPs thanks to being one of the continent's biggest oil producers.
Like Brazil, where Rivaldo last played his club football until leaving Sao Paolo in December, Portuguese is the spoken language of Angola.
The attacking midfielder, who will wear the number nine shirt, says language played a key part in his decision and tweeted that he is 'very happy with this new stage of my career'.
However, the arrival of the former Brazil international has been greeted with some scepticism, according to local sports commentator Jose Cunha.
"Rivaldo's hiring by Kabuscorp - which is a very modest club in Angola - has not attracted as much enthusiasm as you might expect," says Cunha, who works for Luanda's LAC radio station.
"People think he's past his prime and wonder what contribution he can make, so everyone is very cautious."
Kabuscorp are looking to win their first Angolan league championship after finishing second last year, having missed out on the title by just one point.

_57887704_rivaldo_uzbek_gtty.jpg

Rivaldo has chosen to play in some unexpected destinations since leaving Milan in 2004, having spent two years with FC Bunyodkor of Uzbekistan from 2008 Brazilian World Cup winner Rivaldo has joined Angolan side Kabuscorp in a surprise move.

The former Barcelona star, who won the World Cup in 2002, has signed a one-year deal with the Girabola club.
Since leaving Italy's AC Milan in 2004, Rivaldo has returned to Brazil to play some of his club football but has also played in Greece and Uzbekistan.
The 39-year-old was unveiled to the Angolan media at a news conference in the capital Luanda on Friday.
"This is going to be a new experience for me," the 1999 World Footballer of the Year was quoted as saying by Angolan media.
"I am happy to be there and as happens with all the clubs I join, I will try to honour the shirt of Kabuscorp and hope to meet expectations on the field."
Angola hosted the last Africa Cup of Nations in 2010 and is a country with one of Africa's highest GDPs thanks to being one of the continent's biggest oil producers.
Like Brazil, where Rivaldo last played his club football until leaving Sao Paolo in December, Portuguese is the spoken language of Angola.
The attacking midfielder, who will wear the number nine shirt, says language played a key part in his decision and tweeted that he is 'very happy with this new stage of my career'.
However, the arrival of the former Brazil international has been greeted with some scepticism, according to local sports commentator Jose Cunha.
"Rivaldo's hiring by Kabuscorp - which is a very modest club in Angola - has not attracted as much enthusiasm as you might expect," says Cunha, who works for Luanda's LAC radio station.
"People think he's past his prime and wonder what contribution he can make, so everyone is very cautious."
Kabuscorp are looking to win their first Angolan league championship after finishing second last year, having missed out on the title by just one point.
ni mmoja wa wachezaji wazuri dunian!!!!

Jamaa kafulia ama sijui ameamua kucheza sika la charity
Baada ya kuona umri umeshaondoka ameona aje kufanya utalii wa aina yake Afrika. Baada ya muda si mrefu utaona safari za mara DRC, Tanzania, SA, etc haziishi. It's a tourism of its kind after a retring age.

Back
Top Bottom