Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Rio Ferdinand stalker guilty of harassment

Discussion in 'Celebrities Forum' started by Rutashubanyuma, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Rutashubanyuma

Rutashubanyuma JF-Expert Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Rio Ferdinand stalker guilty of harassment

[​IMG] Susanne Ibru was found guilty of harassing the England star and his family
    Continue reading the main story Related Stories

A woman who made nighttime visits to footballer Rio Ferdinand's Cheshire home has been convicted of harassment.
    Susanne Ibru, of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, twice disturbed the Manchester United player and his wife at night, claiming she needed to speak to him.
    She was convicted at Macclesfield Magistrates' Court in her absence.
    Ibru left court after being told Mr Ferdinand's wife was excused from giving evidence as she had given birth to their third child at the weekend.
    Mr Ferdinand, 32, told the court he was left "angry and upset" when Ibru repeatedly turned up at his home.
    Ibru, 38, of Queens Road, had denied harassing the ex-England captain and his family.
    The court heard she turned up at his home in Alderley Edge three times between February and June last year.
    Ibru, who was living in Peckham, south London, at the time, made the 400-mile round trip on 21 February last year, then again on 16 and 18 June.
    Mr Ferdinand told the court he was upset by the visits from the woman, whom he had never met.
    'Disturbed' Ian Davies, for the prosecution, said Mr and Mrs Ferdinand were asleep in bed when the first incident happened in the early hours of 21 February.
    He said Mrs Ferdinand woke her husband after hearing the buzzer of the intercom at the entrance gate to their home.
    The footballer said he went to the bathroom window to see who was at the gates and saw a figure wearing a hooded top in the darkness.
    [​IMG] Rio Ferdinand gave evidence at Macclesfield Magistrates' Court
    He said he shouted down to see who it was and the figure looked up and he was able to see it was Ms Ibru.
    He said: "At first I was angry and upset but then disturbed, really, because I have got a young family and this was not the time or the place to be coming to speak to me."
    Ms Ibru conducted her own defence.
    She said that she had been to Mr Ferdinand's home about four or five times over the past four years.
    She asked him: "Do you think that amounts to harassment?"
    The footballer replied: "Yes."
    Mr Ferdinand then said: "I called the police because I didn't want you at my house."
    As he left the court, she said: "I'll see you soon, bye."
    District Judge Nicholas Sanders issued a warrant for Ibru, asking for her to be brought back before him for sentencing.
    He said: "Mr Ferdinand is a high-profile footballer and whilst there will always be occasions where he is exposed to public and press scrutiny, the fact is that when he is in the privacy of his own home with his family he has a right to expect to be left alone."

2. Rutashubanyuma

Rutashubanyuma JF-Expert Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Mama mzuri kama huyu kweli kakosa kazi ya kufanya wajamani hadi ajiingize kwenye matatizo mazito kama haya???????