Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Republican: We are full of racists

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by mtotowamjini, Oct 27, 2012.

1. mtotowamjini

mtotowamjini JF-Expert Member

Oct 27, 2012
    [h=1]Lawrence Wilkerson, Former Colin Powell Aide, Blasts Sununu, GOP, As 'Full Of Racists'[/h]

Colin Powell's former chief of staff condemned the Republican Party on Friday night, telling MSNBC's Ed Schultz, "My party is full of racists."

Retired Army Col. Lawrence Wilkerson made the comment in response to Mitt Romney campaign surrogate John Sununu's suggestion on Thursday that Powell's endorsement of President Barack Obama's re-election was motivated by race. Wilkerson, who served as Powell's chief of staff when the general was secretary of state during the first George W. Bush term, told Schultz that he respected Sununu "as a Republican, as a member of my party," but did not "have any respect for the integrity of the position that [Sununu] seemed to codify."

When asked by Schultz what, if anything, the remark said about the attitudes of the Republican Party, Wilkerson said:

My party, unfortunately, is the bastion of those people -- not all of them, but most of them -- who are still basing their positions on race. Let me just be candid: My party is full of racists, and the real reason a considerable portion of my party wants President Obama out of the White House has nothing to do with the content of his character, nothing to do with his competence as commander-in-chief and president, and everything to do with the color of his skin, and that's despicable.
    The retired colonel also said that "to say that Colin Powell would endorse President Obama because of his skin color is like saying Mother Theresa worked for profit."

Powell, a Republican, endorsed Obama for the second time on Thursday morning -- he also backed the president in 2008 -- saying on CBS' "This Morning" that he was "more comfortable with President Obama and his administration" than with Romney on a host of issues.
    Sununu, no stranger to incendiary rhetoric this election cycle, reacted to the endorsement on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight," saying that "when you take a look at Colin Powell, you have to wonder whether that's an endorsement based on issues or whether he's got a slightly different reason for preferring President Obama."

Obama himself dismissed Sununu's suggestion on Friday, telling radio host Michael Smerconish:
    Any suggestion that Gen. Powell would make such a profound statement in such an important election based on anything but what he thought was what's going to be best for America doesn't make much sense.

Sununu backed off his remarks shortly after his CNN appearance, issuing a statement that said Powell is a friend and, “I respect the endorsement decision he made, and I do not doubt that it was based on anything but his support of the President’s policies."

haya alafu bado mnashabikia kua mnasupport romney na republicans.... mi naona kwa mtu mweusi yoyote kushabikia republicans inabidi tuwapeleke milembe wakapimwe akili....

2. MaxShimba

MaxShimba JF-Expert Member

Oct 27, 2012
    GOP are moron cuckoogaga racist

3. Yegomasika

Yegomasika JF-Expert Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Sununu amekwaa kisiki ikabidi mwenyewe arudishe majeshi nyuma....chezeya Collin Powell wewe!.

4. Kichuguu

Kichuguu Platinum Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Unfortunately that is true! Sununu and Romney are just like that: they despise blacks because of the color of their skin. Remember that Romney was a Mormon bishop who did not allow blacks to be members of his church!

These guys have lately been camouflaging their true identity by denying anything about them to embrace Obamas stand on almost everything to just take away white votes from Obama. And unfortunately Obama is either not smart enough to point out those facts or is overwhelmed by the coverage of the other guy.

5. Father of All

Father of All JF-Expert Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Swahili has it that the ape does not see its butts. Republicans have been accused of being racists. Now look at how one of theirs is saying that those accusations were right. I don't think that Americans still needs Kul Klax Klan in power anymore. The dent the Bush administration caused is enough methinks. I therefore agree that Reps are full parked with rotten and stinking racists.

6. aminiusiamini

aminiusiamini JF-Expert Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Kuna puke mmoja anaitwa Natalia. She is proudly married to a white guy who is a Republican, therefore she is one.

7. The Hunter

The Hunter JF-Expert Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Republican hawapendi mtu yoyote zaidi ya mmarekani mweupe, hawana rafiki zaidi ya myahudi, kwao pesa utajiri ni haki yao, wao na uzao wao

8. chuma cha reli

chuma cha reli JF-Expert Member

Oct 28, 2012
    miafrika ndivo tulivo

9. Zakumi

Zakumi JF-Expert Member

Oct 28, 2012
    I am Republican and I don't need to see a psychiatrist. Sununu was the first chief of staff while Colin was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff when Bush, the first, was the president. As you can see, these people know each other very well and are friends.

Sununu is of Palestinian descent and was born in Cuba. He isn't a typical red neck or a member of KKK. So don't equate Sununu with other people you know.

Sununu is an intelligent guy and he has courted controversies from the American establishment too. He once called Zionist racism. He had to apologize as he did today.

10. mtotowamjini

Oct 28, 2012
    of coz she had to marry a white guy coz of papers....without that she'd be sent back home

11. MaxShimba

Oct 28, 2012
    Romnesia syndrome

12. Neter

Neter Senior Member

Oct 28, 2012
    [​IMG]

A Republican: "Put the white back in the White House"

13. mtotowamjini

Oct 28, 2012
    if obama was white, romney would have been way behind in the polls....but he's gaining votes simply coz he's white...and that's america 2012 fellows....

14. MaxShimba

Nov 1, 2012
    True Democracy in Rape-ublicans

15. SHERRIF ARPAIO

SHERRIF ARPAIO JF-Expert Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Mlitupiwa karanga kule Tampa kwenye convention na bado mnajipendekeza, sasa ngoja hawa red necks wawatupie ndizi ndo mkome. Republicans ain't give no shit about minorities esp. my fellow blacks.