Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Remedy for posture-problems

Discussion in 'JF Doctor' started by Kiekho, Nov 2, 2011.

1. K

Kiekho New Member

Nov 2, 2011
    [FONT=Arial, serif]Nandita Raghav, a theatreartist, had been suffering from back pain for the last six months.Fed up of taking painkillers and consulting various allopathicdoctors who prescribe more painkillers, she at last decided to go fora back pain ayurvedictreatment .[/FONT]

``[FONT=Arial, serif]It was the Ayurvedictreatment combined with yoga that provided me relief from the backpain,’’ Nandita says. `` They identified the root cause of myback pain – it was nothing but my poor posture. An abhyanga (oilmassage) for a few days and some herbal medicines were prescribed inthe first phase of the treatment. Next came some yoga, asanas whichhelped me gain back control over my body movements and wiped away thepain. It also helped me keep the right posture,’’ she says. Nandita, after the treatment and yoga sessions is conscious of herposture now, even if she is sitting at her home or work. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, serif]Nandita’s is not anexceptional case. There are many who owe a lot to the Ayurvedictreatment for their healthy back and joints. Ayurveda and yoga, theancient disciplines originated in India have thus contributed much tothe healthcare system of the country. Apart from providing a controlover the body, Ayurveda and yoga ease tension and stress andrejuvenates both the body and the mind. Together they provide aspiritual overhaul, which no other healthcare system is able to offertill now. [/FONT]