Religion is bullshit - George Carlin

Lucchese DeCavalcante

JF-Expert Member
Jan 10, 2009

When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it.

Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.

And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
But He loves you.

He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more.

Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!
[SIZE=+1]But I want you to know something, this is sincere, I want you to know, when it comes to believing in God, I really tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things.

I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is f****d up.

[/SIZE]Wakuu hii video inachanganya sana kuhusu mambo ya religion what are your thoughts

Last edited by a moderator:
Huyo yamemshinda aende zake huko! Ana ma-frustration yake. He is a desperate guy.

Sun worship is fairly simple. There's no mystery, no miracles, no pageantry, no one asks for money, there are no songs to learn, and we don't have a special building where we all gather once a week to compare clothing.

And the best thing about the sun, it never tells me I'm unworthy. Doesn't tell me I'm a bad person who needs to be saved. Hasn't said an unkind word. Treats me fine. So, I worship the sun. But, I don't pray to the sun. Know why? I wouldn't presume on our friendship. It's not polite.

jamaa kama anaona its a bullshit He can come up with his explanation of our existance and convince us sio anatoa lawama za kipagani alafu hatoi solution... So si tuamini nini? we all need some kind of convincing theory of our existance..

jamaa kama anaona its a bullshit He can come up with his explanation of our existance and convince us sio anatoa lawama za kipagani alafu hatoi solution... So si tuamini nini? we all need some kind of convincing theory of our existance..

That is the hard part, the guy is a full grown comedian. he has been doing comedy all his life. To him life, realities is comedy.

Carlin was more than a comedian, he was a philosopher, social commentator and critic of reknown originality.

As far as coming up with an explanation of our existence, you do not need to know the right answer to know that a certain answer is wrong. I do not know the square root of 2 at the top of my head, but if somebody tells me it is 3 I would surely object.

Again, you don't need to know the right answer to know that the given answer is wrong.

It is difficult to force people believe into religion but they should pay slight respect to God. It is mystery which ends up people led astray by these kinds of mockery. But believe me if you read the bible, quran etc still you don't belive what is written you have very serious problems. If you are kind of believing these guys read and take trouble to follow these true stories; you can get all these from google if you want to justify and if you think it happened as a coincidence those coincidences are God's work.

GALATIANS 6:7

Very interesting, read until the end.....
It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7)

Be not deceived; God is not mocked for whatsoever a man sow, that shall he also reap. Here are some men and women who mocked God :
John Lennon (Singer):
Some years before, during his interview with an America Magazine, he said: 'Christianity will end, it will disapper & nbsp;
I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, today we are more famous than Him' (1966).
Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

Tancredo Neves(President of Brazil ):
During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency. Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.

Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet):
During A show in Canecio ( Rio de Janeiro ), while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into theair and said:'God, that's for you.'
He died at the age of 32 of LUNG CANCER in a horrible manner.

The man who built the Titanic
After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said:
'Not even God can sink it' The result:I think you all know what happened to the Titanic

Marilyn Monroe (Actress)
She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her.
After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: 'I don't need your Jesus'. A week later, she was found dead in her apartment

Bon Scott (Singer)
The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang:
'Don't stop me; I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell'. On the 19th of February 1980 , Bon Scott was found dead, he had
been choked by his own vomit.

Campinas(IN 2005)
In Campinas , Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend..... The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about
the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand, who was already seated in the car:
'My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect You.' She responded: 'Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk, Cause Inside Here.....It's Already Full ' Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died, the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact. The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken

Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and entertainer)
said the Bible (Word of God) was the worst book ever written. In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle.

Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive.
So are you going to have courage to send this? I have done my part, Jesus said 'If you are embarrassed about me, I will also be embarrassed about you before my father.'
God bless you.

Unajua kwamba Lennon aliyasema hayo 1965/66 na akaja kupigw risasi MOJA more than twenty years Later??? unavyonukuu hayo maandishi ni kama vile alikuwa shot immediately after saying that Tbe Beatles were more famous than Jesus!

I'm smart enough not to say that there's no God. But I'm with George on religion; IT IS BULLSHIT!

This gentleman died on 22 June 2008 due to heart failure at the age of 71.

I'm smart enough not to say that there's no God. But I'm with George on religion; IT IS BULLSHIT!

It's all about how do you define god, kwa sababu mtu akiniambia kwamba mungu ni natural forces na mathematical symmetry, ni vigumu kumbishia kwa sababu natural forces na mathematical harmony ndizo zilizofanya yote as far as we can positively tell.

Lakini ukisema mungu ni some guy promising pie in the sky after you die dry, then naweza kusema hamna mungu kama huyo.

Kwa hiyo some types of gods you don't need to be smart at all to dispute.

This gentleman died on 22 June 2008 due to heart failure at the age of 71.

Kama kusema hakuna mungu kunaua mbona mchizi wangu Bluray alishawahi kumpa mungu ultimatum kwamba kama yupo amuue kwa radi mara moja? Na mchizi wangu anapeta tu, hata malaria hapati ?

Wakati maaskofu feki kibao wanakufa wakiwa vijana.

Acheni hizo.

huyu jamaa hajakosea, methinks, shida siyo mungu - awepo au asiwepo; shida ni dini, imejaa waongo, wezi, wapinga-maendeleo, control-freaks wa kila rangi, vichaa, wendawazimu, wavivu, list haiishi.

...mbona mchizi wangu Bluray alishawahi kumpa mungu ultimatum kwamba kama yupo amuue kwa radi mara moja? Na mchizi wangu anapeta tu, hata malaria hapati ?

Wakati maaskofu feki kibao wanakufa wakiwa vijana.

Acheni hizo.
We unajifanya mjanja siyo...haya bana endelea kupeta tu...!

When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it.

He is right religion is the mother of all bullshits as God has no religion and Bullshit people say God belong to their religion.
God exists, no one can drink alcohol and convince me otherwise, hata kama amesomea fani zote ulimwenguni.

Mtu akishiba ugali na maharage, anasahau shida na anawaza atatanuaje baadaye. I agree with you that "Religion is bullshit" because there are different kind of religions and believes! But God existence is obvious, you cannot prove through calculations because it is far beyond your crazy thinking capacity. God is The Holy One, He is the spirit! Let me ask you, do you believe that demons existing? Can you prove if are existing or not?
Kama huamini uwepo wa Mungu basi inawezekana Mvinyo umesha kukolea!

Tunavyozidi kujitambua tunagundua watu tumejaa chuki . Na Mbaya zaidi chuki hizi chanzo chake sio sabbau ya pesa, umasikini au ardhi lakini ni chuki zinazojikita katika mzizi wa IMANI HABA.

Ni hatari kubwa kwa muumin(Muislam/mkristu/budha, etc) asipoilewa kuichambua na kuihoji imani yake vizuri kwani IMANI hii haba itakuwa ni nyenzo rahisi ya kuchochea ubaguzi . Na kwa mazingira ya Tanzania ubaguzi na chuki unajionyesha na unazidi kukua. Tunaweza kuyoana haya kwenye majukwa ya siasa na dini sehemu mbali mbali.

Mstari au maneno au IMANI yeyote inayopalilia chuki juu ya kundi fulani kwa sabau tu lina imani au itikidadi tofauti ni Imani ya kuepukwa. Katika dini zetu au imani tulizonazo nawashauri watanzania wenzangu tuvidharau vipenegele vinavyoonyesha kujenga na kupalilia chuki. za kidini

• Tusiwasikilze wanasiasa na watu wanapenda kujificha kwenye mgongo wa dini kupata huruma ya waumin wenzao wenye imani haba.

• Tuwe na wasi wasi na watu amabao badalaa ya kutumia muda mwingi kudadisi matatizo, mafanikio ya "ndani ya nyumba" wanatumia muda mwingi kuongela "matatizo ya jirani "

• Tusiwasikilize pia viongozi wa dini wanaotujenga chuki na watu wengine na viongozi sbabau tu wana imani tofauti na sisi. regarless imani zetu . Tuangalie hoja.
Kiasili binadamau hana chuki. Nelson Mandela kanukuliwa kwenye kitabu chake cha long walk to freedom na maneno haya “
No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite. “

Sasa tujiulize na kwa wenye hoja nitafurahi kuona majibu juu ya maswali haya

• kwa nini niwachukie wakiristu/ waislam? Au kwa nin niwe na chuki na mmuislam/mkristu X, Y, Z wakati sina chuki na mkristu au muislam ABC?

• Kwa nini sina chuki au siko tayari na nona aibu na woga kukemea waislam/wakristu “wenzangu” regarless jambo baya fulani wanalofanya

• Kwa nini baadhi ya watu hatuwi wepesi wa kufurahia na kutangza au kukubali jambo fulani zuri lilofanywa na mtu wa imani tofauti japo ni jambo jema kabisa?

• Kwa nini niiuchukie uislam/ ukiristu upagann, uhindu? · Ni kitu gani kizuri unachopenda kuhusu imani isoyokuwa yako ?

• Ni kitu gani unachukia kuhusu imani ya ukristu/uislam? · Je kuna adui yeyote ambaye anaweza kuwa ni adui wa wakristu na uislam kwa pamoja ? ni adui gani huyo
Vile vile tujaribu kujidadisi, kuchunguza na kutafakari chuki zetu juu ya imani tofauti na watu wa wenye imani imani tofauti au wasiokuwa na imani

• zlianzaje.?
  • zilianza Lini?
  • Zilichochewa na kitu gani.
Nawasilisha

Ukweli wa mambo ni kwamba hakuna anayejua uwepo au kutokuwepo kwa mungu. Pande zote mbili (au tatu) hazijanishawishi kuwa mungu yupo au hayupo.

fair enough mkuu ulichosema ni kweli, either side hajatoa convincing answer zaidi ya vitisho kama usipokubali kitakukuta nini!