Raila Odinga asema mashoga washikwe na kushtakiwa!!!

Mkenyamzalendo,

In this debate I think it will be prudent to keep the west out of it maana you remember how during the referendum, the church and kina Ruto insisted on foreign ideologies not being sneaked into the Kenyan agenda. This LGBT business is one of them. So for the sake of this debate lets not go there for now.

With the highlighted statement I believe you snatched the words right out of my mouth and thats where the slippery slope arises.

Kisha I don't think the Constitution outlaws gay marriage but simply defines it as a union between a man and a woman, I believe.Chapter 4 says something like this:

Family

45. (1) The family is the natural and fundamental unit of society and the
necessary basis of social order, and shall enjoy the recognition and
protection of the State.

(2) Every adult has the right to marry a person of the opposite sex, based on
the free consent of the parties.

Now just to play devils advocate, what happens if an individual undergoes a sex change and becomes a 'woman'...it she/he
given this highlighted privilege above? Personally I dont think they should be prevented to marry if they are of legal age but
somebody will argue that the initial gender assignement on the birth certificate is what should be used. What say you in
such an instance?

If you catch my drift this far, I'm tryna say that there are many loopholes on that supreme document and some of it is
because the CoE did not want to get entagled in a mess they had no gameplan of getting out of. Imagine if that
document had contained words like sexual orientation or LGBT..Si the conservative wing of the Jamhuri would have
gone up in flames? Kwa hivyo Raila was just playing to his mtaa aducience lakini kina Gaitho and many of his detractors
saw it as fodder to chew him out.

There is currently no law that regulates the practice of sex change, bu I would think if one changed his sex from man-woman, he should be considered a woman under the law as well--and therefore entitled to all the protection given to women under the law. Though I have to say this is a grey area and we will know more if and when it happens in the country.

The problem came about because the Church members insisted that CoE include marriage provisions in the draft, and there was also pressure from donor countries and gay organizations to outlaw discrimination based on sexual orientation. The CoE gave in to the Church's demands but ruled out changes proposed by the latter. Both were ill conceived in my opinion. You shouldn't legislate morality because notions about morality change a great deal with time. There are some things that were generally considered immoral when I was growing up but aren't seen as immoral anymore, or at least are now widely accepted (like "grinding"). Kitambo, one could never have a live-in girlfriend and you had to wait until marriage. Today, no one really ares about that. I think in 30 years time, no one will be bothered by gays, and homophobes will be talked of in the same breath as die-hard racists of yester years. Personally, I think a man boning another man is just gross; but for as long as it's kept out of the public, I don't have any problem with it.

I think Raila just wanted to grab the headlines. And gay bashing is a sure vote-getter in a conservative country like ours.He has just retracted his statement, and is now saying that he was only saying that the constitution bans gay marriage (it's called spin). But the story has caused a huge international furore, and he probably got a call from his "cousin" Obama and instructed to withdraw his statement.

Retract arrest order, gays tell PM

PIX1.jpg

Gay and lesbian activists protest in front of the Prime Minister’s stand at KICC grounds, Nairobi, during World Aids Day, on Wednesday. They petitioned him to retract the directive to police to arrest homosexuals

Gays and lesbians on Wednesday held a silent march asking Prime Minister Raila Odinga to withdraw orders to arrest them.

They described the statement as ‘dangerous’ and could instigate violence.

On Sunday, Mr Odinga called for the arrest of gays, saying same-sex relations were unnatural and those found should be arrested.

“What Raila said on Sunday we think may have been a slip of the tongue. We ask him to see the consequences and take back his words before violence erupts,” said an activist, who sought anonymity saying he feared being victimised.

The group said the Prime Minister’s remarks primed them for attack.

The march was part of events marking World Aids Day celebrations in Nairobi.

National Aids Control Council chair Mary Getui urged more caution, despite the declining infection rate.

“New infections are the fuel of the menace and we need to have our eyes focused,” Prof Getui said.

Medical Services ministry assistant minister Samuel Kambi said 415,000 people were on antiretroviral drugs.

US ambassador Michael Ranneberger said that his country would continue to fund Kenya’s drive to curb the HIV menace, adding that the President’s Emergency Plan for Aids Relief would give over Sh40 billion in funds.

Pepfar has contributed over Sh176 billion since its inception, he said​

Raila denies gays' arrest order

DNRAILA2811J.jpg

Prime Minister Raila Odinga has denied that he ordered the arrest of gay couples but maintained that such unions were unlawful.

The PM said that he was quoted out of context after he warned Kenyans against having intimate relations with persons of the same gender on Sunday.

Speaking as he made his opening speech at the National Dialogue and Reconciliation Conference in Nairobi Thursday, the PM said that he respected gay rights but was cautioning young people on what the new Constitution says.

“Nothing could be further from the truth. I explained the propaganda that was being used to fight the draft constitution that the new law would allow every hospital to have abortion wards and that gay marriages would be allowed,” said Mr Odinga.

“I did not say that police should arrest the gays. I just told the youth that they will be committing a crime by marrying persons of the same sex.”

The PM has come under fire over comments he made on Sunday in Kibera to the effect that gay couples should be arrested.

Addressing a rally at Kamukunji grounds in his Langata Constituency, the PM said their behaviour was unnatural.

The remarks also came months after Special Programmes Minister Esther Murugi attracted the wrath of Kenyans for calling for recognition and acceptance of gays.

During the World Aids Day celebrations on Wednesday, gays and lesbians held a silent march asking Mr Odinga to withdraw orders to arrest them. They described the statement as ‘dangerous’ and could instigate violence

i hate homosexuality but i refuse anynone telling anyone else what to do and not to do in the privacy of their bedroom. no one has that right not the govt, not the church and not society. it is someone's life, only God has the right judge and the last time i checked none of us here are God

I am sorry to say but this is western-hypo-kinda of. The problem of we Africans is that we pretend to westernize in the guise of modernization. The problem here is not what somebody does in the bedroom. Not at all. Here we are against this whole charade in the name of human rights because tomorrow these people will start demanding equality..recognitions..right to adopt children and all other nonsense..before you know it..they will be up in arms (supported by Amnesty international and alike) to go to court demanding equality..... So what we resent here is that..if you do it in your bedroom..then let it stay there..dont expose it or influence our children....

I am always amazed by the western hypocricy..whatever they believe to be human rights (which align to their agenda) they want it preached and accepted in other societies. Which I believe is unfair. And its stupid because we also buy into this charade...... For example..few decades ago..abortion was illigal in western countries..and in Africa we fully obliged....then they said..lets allow it and here we go..we all of the sudden converted to follow them..I mean..when shall we Africans stand up on what we believed in? today we are told that..a man marrying another man and adopting children is a human right? Really? Neither do I buy into this cascade of "research" that homosexuals have always existed in Africa......its simply a ploy..wonder why China hardly buys into this crap..

Please people...we have so much problems..but this should be the last thing to accept.

NB: I dont condemn homosexuals..but I resent what they do and want to turn our societies into...Lets say no....if the West think its a human right a man to marry a man..well lets them do it in their countries and leave us alone.

I dont know when will this pretence of name calling for anybody like Raila who disagrees with this nonsense....stop. They will call you bigot..dictator ..name them...yet when the REAL human rights are violated..no one will raise a finger.Which makes me conclude all this songs of human rights..its simply a strategy to advance somebody interests in our countries. For example..have you ever seen Human Rights Watch condemning western robbery of our natural resources? but talk against their agenda..you will find your name on the front page papers in London and New York!

Cut us some slack people! we deserve dignity.

"Neither do I buy into this cascade of "research" that homosexuals have always existed in Africa."

At first I was shocked when I read this bit of your post, this shocked. . .

attachment.php

But then it made me lol very nicely, it's cute, a really cute statement.

i am sorry to say but this is western-hypo-kinda of. The problem of we africans is that we pretend to westernize in the guise of modernization. The problem here is not what somebody does in the bedroom. Not at all. Here we are against this whole charade in the name of human rights because tomorrow these people will start demanding equality..recognitions..right to adopt children and all other nonsense..before you know it..they will be up in arms (supported by amnesty international and alike) to go to court demanding equality..... So what we resent here is that..if you do it in your bedroom..then let it stay there..dont expose it or influence our children....

I am always amazed by the western hypocricy..whatever they believe to be human rights (which align to their agenda) they want it preached and accepted in other societies. Which i believe is unfair. And its stupid because we also buy into this charade...... For example..few decades ago..abortion was illigal in western countries..and in africa we fully obliged....then they said..lets allow it and here we go..we all of the sudden converted to follow them..i mean..when shall we africans stand up on what we believed in? Today we are told that..a man marrying another man and adopting children is a human right? Really? Neither do i buy into this cascade of "research" that homosexuals have always existed in africa......its simply a ploy..wonder why china hardly buys into this crap..

Please people...we have so much problems..but this should be the last thing to accept.

Nb: I dont condemn homosexuals..but i resent what they do and want to turn our societies into...lets say no....if the west think its a human right a man to marry a man..well lets them do it in their countries and leave us alone.

I dont know when will this pretence of name calling for anybody like raila who disagrees with this nonsense....stop. They will call you bigot..dictator ..name them...yet when the real human rights are violated..no one will raise a finger.which makes me conclude all this songs of human rights..its simply a strategy to advance somebody interests in our countries. For example..have you ever seen human rights watch condemning western robbery of our natural resources? But talk against their agenda..you will find your name on the front page papers in london and new york!

Cut us some slack people! We deserve dignity.

i totally agree..!!

And God told us to tell them homosexuality is wrong and he will judge them for it one day!
Just we have to be on guard not to hijack God's position on the issue!

Thanks.
Leviticus 20:13:If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman,
both of them have committed an abomination. They will surely be
put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

Romans 1:27: "Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of
the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing
what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of the
error which was due."

1 Corinthians 6:9: "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not
inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators,
nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals nor sodomites."

ua hawa ma gays, ueni wote, we never had these non sense b4 in Africa, these days vitoto vidogo vimekuwa vishoga eti haki zetu...to hell with you, nasema to hell and you all deserve to be killed..thats against humanity, thats unnatural, thats crayzie..killing you is far better than you being gays...In Tanzania, the situation is getting off control, more youngsters are now involved in gay activities, na most of them ni kwa tamaa ya pesa, wanaacha kufanya kazi, wanaacha kusoma wanaona kuf""|::irwa ndo short cut..and our leaders are mute..wanaona poa tuu...we should put this point blank and clear..that being gay means death penalty for you..

Bobo Giza,you're an ignorant,bigoted piece of human garbage.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom