Pulse Report:50 Cent Calls T.I. A Snitch, Eminem Invites LL Cool J

Icadon

JF-Expert Member
Mar 21, 2007
In this week's Pulse Report the streets are buzzing about 50 Cent calling out T.I., Lil' Wayne feeling the love from Diddy as he locks down the rap game, Jim Jones making a powerful statement for Sean Bell, DJ Kay Slay bringing the drama to Jermaine Dupri and Eminem prank calling LL Cool J.

1. Machine Gun Funk. Move over Shawty Lo, T.I. has a new adversary to beef with. And this one's a heavyweight. Coming on the heels of saying the entire Southern rap talent roster equals one of him in the rap universe, 50 Cent has fired off the first shot in a beef with T.I. According to hip-hop personality Miss Info, on a the track "You So Tough" from the upcoming G-Unit album Terminate On Sight 50 raps,

"Nowaways this rap sh*t ain't adding up/ How n*ggas get caught with 10 machine guns, only get 12 months?/Oo-weee, don't talk to me/ If you talking to him, you talking to them.../I got the best lawyers that money can buy/ they say at best they woulda got me 10 or maybe 9./I said, how do you explain how the homie breezed?/They said, you keep your mouth shut or you eat the cheese."

Ouch! I don't know where this is coming from, but it's on! Bring 'em out, bring 'em out. Tip's not going to be able to laugh this one off.

2. Here I Stan. With the current success of Lil' Wayne's Carter III, Weezysteria kicked into high gear as the self-professed "best rapper alive" found die-hard Stans in the unlikeliest of characters. As SOHH previously reported, Lil' Wayne is on pace to deliver the highest selling rap album first week release since Kanye West's Graduation in 2007. This monumental achievement comes in the face of the album being purposely leaked by disgruntled DJs two weeks in advance.

Still folks like entertainment mogul Diddy confessed their undying love for Weezy after the album officially dropped. During a segment of his video blog Diddy TV, Diddy, who has seen his share of triumphant rap albums, proclaimed Tha Carter III a classic album, while dubbing Wayne a "genius". [Watch here]

"This is a classic," said Diddy. "It far exceeded my expectations and it's another reason why ironically I'm in love with hip-hop. Think about it two years ago we hated it, but now let's give it up, there's a lot of cats that are giving you a reason to be excited about hip-hop. And I think that Lil' Wayne, the hype is real. The hype is real. He is definitely the greatest, youngest rapper alive."

Come on Diddy. Cut it out! Tha Carter III is not a classic album. Yeah I said it! I see all you Wayne lovers out there about to go ape sh*t, but I'm just calling it how I see it. And before you turn into a super cyber thug, let's discuss this intelligently. First I need to know what makes this a classic album? Forget Diddy's out of touch babbling. That was just a lame attempt by an old dude trying to seem cool. Second, tell me why this album is superior to the first two installments of the Carter?

For the sake of comparison I'd say this album is Wayne's version of Hard Knock Life. We all know Hard Knock is Hov's top selling album, but it was not his best nor was it a classic. Like Hov this was Wayne's play for mainstream success. Nonetheless this album is good, very good at best. Classic? No.

And now back to Diddy. Could someone please tell me why he feels the need to be a Stan like this? If you are so reinvigorated by Wayne and others, get back to making Bad Boy music a giant. Or simply move your Larry Holmes ass out the way. Looking all flabby and sh*t.

3. Braveheart. A Dipset show is known to be rowdy, but who knew the rowdiness would continue all the way backstage at a recent performance in New Jersey. As SOHH previously reported, at Hot 97's Summer Jam, Jim Jones and his cronies got into an altercation with police officers. Though details of what provoked the incident were unclear one of Jones' bodyguards was arrested for attempting to incite a riot. Fortunately video footage of what happened was just released and it clearly shows a plainclothes officer recklessly waving a gun during the confrontation. [Watch here]

As you can see Jim Jones bravely confronted the cop screaming "I'm Sean Bell, I'm Sean Bell," in reference to the Queens, New York man who was shot dead by the cops.

Though I've always been put off by the Dip's buffoonery, I must stay that was a powerful statement that Jimmy and crew made right there. That wasn't in no way just another rapper grandstanding for the camera. That was another black man frustrated by the lack of respect the police show them. Good for you Jimmy, but be careful out there. We all know the Dipset happens to be the most victimized crew in the history of rap. We definitely don't need another episode of Dipset S.V.U. (Special Victims Unit). Sh*t, would been ugly if dude splashsy splashied your blood all over your expensive scarfy.

4. Grumpy Old Men. Just when you thought the DJ fraternity had gotten their revenge by leaking Tha Carter III, Jermaine Dupri went ahaead and proclaimed the "DJ is dead". Now Dupri has become public enemy No. 1(a small one at that) for all DJs. After ATL's own DJ Greg Street aired out Dupri, New York's one and only drama king DJ Kay Slay is pouncing on the little guy too. [Listen here]

Why am I not surprised the Drama Queen jumped into this fray. Listen fellas, this beef is getting out of control. Nice to see cutthroat DJs sticking together, but truth be told get over yourselves already. Go to your corners and take of the gloves. Trust me when I tell you, leave the beef stuff to the rappers.

5. Play Date. We all love a good prank call, especially when its one iconic rapper messing around with another iconic rapper. On a recent visit to Shade 45 radio, LL Cool J received a call from a caller named "Jason from Miami". Playing a game of "name that LL verse" with the caller, Uncle L had no clue that it was none other than Eminem playing a prank on him, [Listen here]

After the gig was up, LL and Em went of on this weird lovefest of admiration. Em even went as far as to invite LL to his house to hangout. I guess that's what people do when they're one of the Top 10 rappers of all time. They make grown man play dates.

More important, it's good to know Em is still alive. Wouldn't it be nice to hear some music from dude. I'm still holding out hope Dr. Dre does that Detox and it marks Em's comeback with a few stellar verses. Hip-Hop needs some, white power!

It's been real folks. Stay tuned for developments on that 50 Cent/T.I.

Icadon, naona bandiko liko lefu sana hapo juu..... na kama unavyojua newsfeeds zihusianazo na entertainment huwa fupi fupi.... gossip style!

50 kumuita TI hivyo ni soo kubwa... kwenye hiphop ni bora hata mtu aitwe gay kuliko aitwe snitch... hata hivyo naamini fifty anasababu zake maalum, huwezi jua labda katonywa ni wakina nani "T.I." amekubali kuwa uza ili apate mwaka tu pamoja na kukamatwa na ushahidi wa umiliki wa silaha za kivita..

Hilo la Eminem, ni kiboko... nilisikiliza verses zote alizo mwaga kama 3 hivi, kutoka kwenye album za LL za mwanzoni, unbelievable jinsi alivyokuwa ana sound kama LL mwenyewe....

LL alikuwa shocked studio pale alipojua kuwa ni Eminem anaonesha tu jinsi anavyo jali uasisi wa LL kwa kutema verses zake za kale..

Btw, kwenye album ya LL yenye Mama said knock you out, kuna track mojawapo inaitwa 'farmers boulevard'... sijui unaifahamu... I luv it!!

Sema wewe nikisema mie watasema Punditry

Come on Diddy. Cut it out! Tha Carter III is not a classic album. Yeah I said it! I see all you Wayne lovers out there about to go ape sh*t, but I'm just calling it how I see it. And before you turn into a super cyber thug, let's discuss this intelligently. First I need to know what makes this a classic album? Forget Diddy's out of touch babbling. That was just a lame attempt by an old dude trying to seem cool. Second, tell me why this album is superior to the first two installments of the Carter?

Hajui kwamba wakiongelea "classic" siku hizi wana maana "imeuza sana".

For the sake of comparison I'd say this album is Wayne's version of Hard Knock Life. We all know Hard Knock is Hov's top selling album, but it was not his best nor was it a classic. Like Hov this was Wayne's play for mainstream success.

I wonder what Icadon and Nyani have to say about this.

I wonder what Icadon and Nyani have to say about this.

Lol, first of all sijasema kuwa Carter III ni classic, 2nd ukisoma kwenye thread ile nyingine nilisema sijasikiliza album nzima but two songs....

SteveD...T.I. didn't wanna comment on that issh...alihojiwa juzi ..si unajua album ya G-Unit inakaribia kutoka.......

Nilikuwa naongelea uliposema "numbers don't lie."

Unaweza kukataa kwamba "Reasonable Doubt" ni bora kuliko "Hardnock Life" japo ukiangalia record sales, imepitwa, kama review uliyotuwekea inavyosema?

Nilikuwa naongelea uliposema "numbers don't lie."

Unaweza kukataa kwamba "Reasonable Doubt" ni bora kuliko "Hardnock Life" japo ukiangalia record sales, imepitwa, kama review uliyotuwekea inavyosema?

Reasonable Doubt ni classic "most lyrical most honest", according to him...so is Blueprint...Lakini angalia ilichukua muda gani RD kufika Platinum(5 years)..?

HKL ilikuwa na club hits nyingi kulinganisha na RD...so kama NN anavyosema taste ina play big role kwenye sales.

Back
Top Bottom