Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Prof. Saitoti: A new Foreign Affairs minister

Discussion in 'Kenyan News and Politics' started by Invisible, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Invisible

Invisible Admin Staff Member

Oct 28, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Internal Security minister Prof George Saitoti has been appointed as minister for Foreign Affairs in an acting capacity October 28, 2010.

President Kibaki has named George Saitoti as Foreign Affairs minister in an acting capacity.

Prof Saitoti will handle the new responsibility in addition to his Internal Security docket.

"Following consultations with the Right Hon. Prime Minister Raila Odinga, His Excellency President Mwai Kibaki has today appointed Prof. George Saitoti as the acting Minister for Foreign Affairs.

"Prof. Saitoti will also continue serving in his current capacity of Minister for Internal Security and Provincial Administration," said a statement from the President's office.

Prof Saitoti's appointment came just a day after Foreign Affairs minister Moses Wetang'ula stepped aside to allow investigations into the saga surrounding the purchase of land for Kenya embassies abroad.

Mr Wetang'ula and his permanent secretary Thuita Mwangi left office Wednesday with the message that they would come back stronger after the probe vindicates their names.

Parliament's departmental Committee on Defence and Foreign Relations investigation into the purchase or sale of embassies in Japan, Nigeria, Belgium and Pakistan and concluded that some of the transactions were fraudulent, corrupt or irregular.

"I will be back," said Mr Wetang'ula

"I want to tell Kenyans with a clear conscience that I have this afternoon made the decision to step aside from my responsibility and appointment as minister for Foreign Affairs to give room and pleasure to those who have been tormenting and haunting me for three to four weeks, to give room to the very able arms of investigations to carry out their investigations," he said.

Hours after they quit, the House adopted the damning report that recommended that the two officials step aside.

Mr Wetang'ula attributed his troubles to the parliamentary committee, whose report he dismissed as laced with malice, rumours, innuendo, conjecture and crafted "in the most unprofessional character".

2. M

Mtu Mmoja JF-Expert Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Kwa mara ya kwanza, natamani nimgekuwa mkenya.... Hii ndiyo demokrasia ya kujivunia, sio demokrasia ya ushindi wa kishindo katikati ya mapanga ya zamani (na ya sasa) yasiyoisha makali...

3. Njowepo

Njowepo JF-Expert Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Ipo siku nasi tutakuwa kama hao

4. Nyaralego

Nyaralego JF-Expert Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Why Saitoti, He is as tainted by corruption scandals as Wentagula and Ruto...recycling ministers...

5. n

nomasana JF-Expert Member

Oct 28, 2010
    i know!!!!!!!!!

instead of introducing fresh untainted technocrats, they just recycle the same old "no new ideas" people. an opportunity missed

6. The Son of Man

The Son of Man JF-Expert Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Ndugu zetu pamoja na mapungufu yao bado wako kikazi zaidi. Crap Kenyans!

7. Smatta

Smatta JF-Expert Member

Oct 28, 2010
    saitoti of all the people? nkt.

8. The Finest

The Finest JF-Expert Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Saitoti mhhhh what i see here is just the reycle of the same old ideologies and not new ideologies

9. boma2000

boma2000 JF-Expert Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Hongera Saitoti, umebakiza kupata Urais tu ingawa huko nyuma ulikumbwa na scandals nyingi we are not sure if were true or fabricated but you survived

10. Crashwise

Crashwise JF-Expert Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Huku TZ kina Chenge mpaka waondolewe kwa mtutu, KATIBA MPYA ndio suluhisho. Let us fight for it.

11. L

Lunanilo JF-Expert Member

Nov 6, 2010
    The Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, or as Erma Bombeck would say the grass is greener over the septic tank.
    I prefer Erma Bombeck's phrase.

12. Nyaralego

Nyaralego JF-Expert Member

Nov 7, 2010
    How about this version, "the grass is always greener on the other side until you see the water bill"

13. Nguruvi3

Nguruvi3 Platinum Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Nomasana, this is the so called East Africa community, it is all over the region. I guess recycling may have different connotation within our political sphere. Leaders of EAC think that recycling of paper and other used material to preserve environment could also mean recycling leaders for the same.

14. L

Lunanilo JF-Expert Member

Nov 7, 2010
    I like it too. May not be different from Erma's version. They basically say Urembo Urimbo.

15. Invisible

Invisible Admin Staff Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Imeshindikana...

16. M

Mwembetayari JF-Expert Member

Jun 11, 2012
    END OF AN ERROR
    source