President Obama's first 100 days

Daschle is the only one in the whole United States of America that can do the job of secretary of health and human services. No one else can do it.

Obama is the Messiah, the chosen one, The Lord Barack of Obama. With him everything is possible.

And how dare people are questioning his choice(s). They are RACISTS! They wouldn't do this to any white president.

Holders kapitishwa! Sasa naona Gregg atakuwa Secretary of Commerce. Kabinet inakujakuja sasa, naona kazi imepamba moto! Napia New Hampshire watapewa senator wa GOP ndo walivyokubaliana na Obama team.
Taking some of the allure -- though only some -- out of the Gregg choice, New Hampshire Governor John Lynch signaled he'll appoint a Republican in a statement:

We are in the midst of a national economic crisis, and it calls for cooperation on all of our parts. We all need to work together to do what is in the best interest of our country and our state.

I have had conversations with Senator Gregg, the White House and U.S. Senate leadership. Senator Gregg has said he would not resign his seat in the U.S. Senate if it changed the balance in the Senate. Based on my discussions, it is clear the White House and Senate leadership understand this as well.

It is important that President Obama be able to select the advisors he feels are necessary to help him address the challenges facing our nation.

If President Obama does nominate Senator Gregg to serve as Commerce Secretary, I will name a replacement who will put the people of New Hampshire first and represent New Hampshire effectively in the U.S. Senate.

Whitehouse wamerudi nyuma kutoka kwenye "nobody's perfect"

Daschle withdraws as health secretary nominee

Killefer also withdraws

NBC, msnbc.com and news services
updated 38 minutes ago

e6910060-2e2a-434d-81e5-90401932b2c5.grid-5x2.jpg

WASHINGTON - Former Senate Democratic leader Tom Daschle on Tuesday withdrew his nomination to oversee the Health and Human Services Department, citing controversies over his taxes and his ties to the health care industry — and telling NBC News that a New York Times editorial also played a role.

His withdrawal came just a few hours after another Obama nominee, Nancy Killefer, said she was withdrawing her nomination. Both had controversies with taxes and cited distractions over that as reasons for withdrawing.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs told reporters the two realized "that you can't set an example of responsibility but accept a different standard of who serves."

Last edited:
Obama's administration is only 14 days old and it's already a joke!

So much for his "new era of responsibility. That's why I didn't fall for it (change change change) Politic's as usual...

Obama’s administration is only 14 days old and it’s already a joke!

So much for his “new era of responsibility. That's why I didn't fall for it (change change change) Politic's as usual...

Yeah! Tell me about it...:) Republicans are scared of Obama's popularity and they are trying their best to make sure that by June, 2009 his support as per opinion polls is around 50% or lower. Let's wait and see if they will be able to destroy him.

Yeah! Tell me about it...:) Republicans are scared of Obama's popularity and they are trying their best to make sure that by June, 2009 his support as per opinion polls is around 50% or lower. Let's wait and see if they will be able to destroy him.

Heheheheheheeee....have u seen his latest approval ratings?

But seriously Bubu, how could he have screwed up this much with his nominees? This has got to be a first in US history

Heheheheheheeee....have u seen his latest approval ratings?

But seriously Bubu, how could he have screwed up this much with his nominees? This has got to be a first in US history

It is too soon to write him off, just wait and see how he will raise to the occasion and extend his tenure in office for another four years.

I knew it, hata Jakaya Kikwete hawezi kutetea mtu kwa kusema "nobody is perfect." That's a no no!

Jana asubuhi kaulizwa uko nyuma ya huyu tax dodger, akasema "absolutely." Baada ya "nobody's perfect" comment ya juzi. Sasa hii ngoma ilikuwa inaanza kwenda kwenye free fall. Mjanja kashtukia. But two days too late.

We are watching closely!

Obama: 'I screwed up' in Daschle withdrawal

Insists 'there aren't two sets of rules' for elite and for other Americans

x_30_nn_brianobamaweb_090203.300w.jpg

NBC, msnbc.com and news services
updated 6:00 p.m. ET, Tues., Feb. 3, 2009

WASHINGTON - "I screwed up," President Barack Obama told NBC's Brian Williams Tuesday in the wake of his nominee to be secretary of health and human services, Tom Daschle, withdrawing his name from consideration.

Daschle dropped out after acknowledging that he had belatedly paid more than $128,000 in taxes owed to the federal government.

"Today was an embarrassment for us," Obama said. He said he was "angry," "disappointed" and "frustrated with myself" over the Daschle episode.

But the president claimed credit for appointing hundreds of "top notch" executive branch officials who have no tax problems.

"It's important not to paint (with) a broad brush here, because overall not only have we gotten in place a functioning government in record time, but overall the quality of these people is outstanding."

Second withdrawal of the day

Daschle's exit was the second of the day for an Obama appointee.

Nancy Killefer, Obama's choice to be the government's first "chief performance officer," bowed out, saying that she didn't want her failure to payroll taxes for her household employee to create a diversion from the president's agenda.

The dual-withdrawal fiasco is "something I have to take responsibility for," Obama told Williams.

"I appointed these folks. I think they are outstanding people. I think Tom Daschle, as an example, could have led this health care effort, a difficult effort, better than just about anybody. But as he acknowledged, it was a mistake. I don't think it was intentional on his part, but it was a serious mistake. He owned up to it and ultimately made a decision that we couldn't afford the distraction."

Obama added, "I've got to own up to my mistake. Ultimately, it's important for this administration to send a message that there aren't two sets of rules, one for prominent people and one for ordinary folks who have to pay their taxes."

President losing credibility?

Daschle's exit came after Republicans questioned Obama's decision to stick with him. Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., said Obama was "losing credibility" with his statements in support of Daschle.

"Part of leadership is recognizing when there has been a mistake made and responding quickly," the Republican said.

Earlier Tuesday, Killefer withdrew as nominee to be the first chief performance officer for the federal government.

When Obama announced Killefer's nomination on Jan. 7, The Associated Press disclosed that in 2005 the District of Columbia government had placed a lien on her home. The local government alleged that she had started missing payments on unemployment compensation tax for a household employee. And she failed to make the required quarterly payments for a year and half, whereupon a lien for $946.69 was placed on her home.

Administration officials had refused to answer questions about the lien, which she resolved five months after it was filed.

During that period, Killefer and her husband, an economics professor, had a teenage son and daughter, but she had two nannies and a personal assistant to run her life when she was on the road, she told Harvard business students back then.

The Obama administration has had other nomination problems.

Timothy Geithner was sworn in as Treasury secretary in January, after winning confirmation despite personal tax lapses that turned more than a third of the Senate against him.

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, Obama's initial selection for commerce secretary, withdrew his name amid a grand jury investigation into a state contract awarded to his political donors.

Last edited:
"Today was an embarrassment for us," Obama said. He said he was "angry," "disappointed" and "frustrated with myself" over the Daschle episode.

Huyu Obama asitake kuwafanya watu wajinga. Eti yuko "angry", "dissapointed" na "frustrated" kuhusu kashfa ya Daschle...ebo! Na Geithner je? Huyu jamaa anayeongoza wizara inayosimamia chombo cha ukusanyaji kodi wakati na yeye ni mkwepa kulipa kodi, si na yeye kashfa yake ni kama hii Daschle? Sasa kwa nini yeye alipewa pass? Na oBama hakukasirishwa na hiyo? Huyu Obama asitake kutuletea zake za kuleta hapa....Oh wait, he (Geithner) is the only one that is best suited for the job out of 300 million people.

Na huyu mama mwingine naye kachomoa kwa kashfa hiyo hiyo ya kukwepa kulipa kodi lakini yeye ni kama dola 900. Yaani huyu Geithner mimi sielewi alipitaje confirmation hearing?

Do you at least admit that he screwed up? Or you are too Obama intoxicated to see any wrong?

Yes I do agree, but he has 4 years to rectify his early mistake and hopefully to extend his tenure in office until 2016.

Oh Nyani! I wish I would have heard George Bush admit that he screwed up with the Iraq war, Afghanistan, the economy etc! Ulivyomkalia kooni Obama utafikiri si binadamu!
Admit it, Jaluo kawaweza critics wake maana baada ya kuona amechemka kakubali hadharani! Hii ni hatua kubwa hata nchini Marekani kukubali kwamba amechemka. na alisema kwamba hawezi kuzungumzia change alafu aka-ignore wakati marafiki zake wanafanya kosa, because then it appears that there is a different measure for the common people and for the powerful ones.
Nyani, we unaweza ukawa siyo fan wa Obama but you should not be like Limbaugh 'hoping the he fails' because that is not hope!

“Today was an embarrassment for us,” Obama said. He said he was “angry,” “disappointed” and “frustrated with myself” over the Daschle episode.

Huyu Obama asitake kuwafanya watu wajinga. Eti yuko "angry", "dissapointed" na "frustrated" kuhusu kashfa ya Daschle...ebo! Na Geithner je? Huyu jamaa anayeongoza wizara inayosimamia chombo cha ukusanyaji kodi wakati na yeye ni mkwepa kulipa kodi, si na yeye kashfa yake ni kama hii Daschle? Sasa kwa nini yeye alipewa pass? Na oBama hakukasirishwa na hiyo? Huyu Obama asitake kutuletea zake za kuleta hapa....Oh wait, he (Geithner) is the only one that is best suited for the job out of 300 million people.

Na huyu mama mwingine naye kachomoa kwa kashfa hiyo hiyo ya kukwepa kulipa kodi lakini yeye ni kama dola 900. Yaani huyu Geithner mimi sielewi alipitaje confirmation hearing?

We Nyani! Geithner ameshapitishwa na waliomptisha ni hao mababu zako GOP! walimshikilia bango! Kwikwikwiii!

Holdermania at its fullest! the first Black Attorney General!
Eric H. Holder was sworn-in Tuesday as the 82nd Attorney General of the United States. He is the first African-American to lead the Justice Department, and surely the first A.G. to be treated as a bona fide rock star.

When Holder arrived at the department for the ceremony, a throng of Justice Department employees greeted him with thunderous applause, many snapping away with cell phone cameras to capture the moment. He sprinted up five flights of stairs where an even larger crowd erupted into cheers when Holder said, "it is so good to be home." Holder served as Acting Attorney General, Deputy Attorney General and United States Attorney in the Clinton administration.

Vice President Joseph Biden administered the oath of office while Holder's wife, Dr. Sharon Malone, held a family Bible. In his remarks, Biden went to the heart of what the Obama (and now Holder) Justice Department is promising: an agency free of politics and ideology following a long string of investigations that found extensive evidence of political interference by Justice appointees.

The morale-crushing scandals eventually led to the resignation of Alberto Gonzales as Attorney General and many top officials. But Holder promised that the department now faces "a new day," saying "there shall be no place for political favoritism, no reason to be timid in enforcing the laws that protect our rights."

Holder has enormous policy decisions ahead, and the clock is ticking. He will lead a task force with a one-year Executive Order deadline to close the Guantanamo Bay prison and will oversee the reviews that are well-underway to craft policies on the detention and prosecution of terrorism suspects, whether by continuing military tribunals, moving them to civilian courts or a creating an entirely different court . After declaring during his confirmation hearings that waterboarding is torture, Holder must help decide what tactics interrogators can legally use against suspects.

After the swearing in, Holder went into attorney general-speak, saying he is already "drilling down" into the casework of the sprawling department. Then he headed to the White House for his first homeland security meeting.

Nyaniiiii! Habari ndo hiyo kuhusu huyu black Chairman wenu Steele
This is funny. Now that Michael Steele has been installed as RNC chair, Democrats have unearthed a video, originally posted on the YouTube page of his 2006 Senate race opponent, Ben Cardin, that Dems say shows homeless men from Philadelphia that Steele reportedly bussed in to hand out arguably misleading flyers for his campaign.

The episode isn't exactly an attractive one for a party chair to have been involved in, and Dems are hoping to revive memories of what was a pretty eyebrow-raising tale:

Oh my God! What a scandal !!!

Oh Nyani! I wish I would have heard George Bush admit that he screwed up with the Iraq war, Afghanistan, the economy etc! Ulivyomkalia kooni Obama utafikiri si binadamu!
Admit it, Jaluo kawaweza critics wake maana baada ya kuona amechemka kakubali hadharani! Hii ni hatua kubwa hata nchini Marekani kukubali kwamba amechemka. na alisema kwamba hawezi kuzungumzia change alafu aka-ignore wakati marafiki zake wanafanya kosa, because then it appears that there is a different measure for the common people and for the powerful ones.
Nyani, we unaweza ukawa siyo fan wa Obama but you should not be like Limbaugh 'hoping the he fails' because that is not hope!

Sasa kachemka kwenye kashfa ya nani? Daschle? Geithner? Killefer? Au wote watatu? Na kama ni wote watatu, kwa nini mmoja kapitishwa na wale wengine wawili kuchomoa wakati makosa yao wote yanafanana?

Sasa kachemka kwenye kashfa ya nani? Daschle? Geithner? Killefer? Au wote watatu? Na kama ni wote watatu, kwa nini mmoja kapitishwa na wale wengine wawili kuchomoa wakati makosa yao wote yanafanana?

Geithner ameshapitishwa, hao waliobaki ndo hivyo tena, Jaluo alishtukia amechemka kwa hiyo aliwashauri wajitoe. We huyu Geithner hujui anapendwa sana na mababu zako? Ndo maana hawakumsumbua. Ila Daschle walikuwa wanamwogopa. Ngoja Obama ampendekeze Howard Dean kwa nafasi ya Daschle, muone cha moto! Kwikwikwiii!

Geithner ameshapitishwa, hao waliobaki ndo hivyo tena, Jaluo alishtukia amechemka kwa hiyo aliwashauri wajitoe. We huyu Geithner hujui anapendwa sana na mababu zako? Ndo maana hawakumsumbua. Ila Daschle walikuwa wanamwogopa. Ngoja Obama ampendekeze Howard Dean kwa nafasi ya Daschle, muone cha moto! Kwikwikwiii!

Huyo Dean....I can't wait for him maana ni loose canon. Yeye ukimjumlisha na VP wenu na Obama mwenyewe who is clueless...mbona tutapata burudani ya kutosha ktk miaka minne ijayo

Back
Top Bottom