President Obama makes final push for Healthcare Reform...and it passes!

:cool:

Mambo ya kulazimishana ni udikteta, sio demokrasia. Kwa nini unilazimishe kitu kama sikitaki? Hebu anzeni mbele huko....ebo!
Nyani,
Hapa katika jimbo langu nalazimishwa kisheria kuwa na bima ya gari. Nisipokuwa na bima natozwa faini ya dola saba kwa siku. Hiyo nayo ni demokrasia. Uzuri wa kuwa na bima ya afya ni kwamba kama utaugua basi you are taken care of. Lakini kama huna bima na ukaugua and you have to be hospitalized, local government au someone, inawajibika kulipia gharama zako. Now which is better?

Nyani,
Hapa katika jimbo langu nalazimishwa kisheria kuwa na bima ya gari. Nisipokuwa na bima natozwa faini ya dola saba kwa siku. Hiyo nayo ni demokrasia. Uzuri wa kuwa na bima ya afya ni kwamba kama utaugua basi you are taken care of. Lakini kama huna bima na ukaugua and you have to be hospitalized, local government au someone, inawajibika kulipia gharama zako. Now which is better?

Hiyo bima ya gari hulazimshwi kuwa nayo. Unapolazimika kuwa nayo ni pale unapokuwa na gari na unataka kuliweka barabarani kuliendesha. Kwa hiyo unaweza ukawa una gari, lakini kama umeamua kulipaki hilo gari nyumbani kwako basi sidhani kama utalazimishwa kununua hiyo bima. Labda unambie kuwa huko uliko sheria zenu ziko tofauti kabisa na za kwingine na unalazimishwa kununua bima hata kama hulitumii hilo gari which very insane if you ask me....

Tea party protesters call Georgia's John Lewis 'nigger'

capt.27f457abdf484338a1ba8ccc16ad938c-27f457abdf484338a1ba8ccc16ad938c-0.jpg

Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., is questioned by reporters about an incident involving tea party demonstrators as he leaves a speech by President Obama to House Democrats on Saturday, March 20, 2010 on Capitol Hill in Washington.

By William Douglas, McClatchy Newspapers William Douglas, Mcclatchy Newspapers – Sat Mar 20, 7:21 pm ET

WASHINGTON - Demonstrators outside the U.S. Capitol , angry over the proposed health care bill, shouted "nigger" Saturday at U.S. Rep. John Lewis , a Georgia congressman and civil rights icon who was nearly beaten to death during an Alabama march in the 1960s.

The protesters also shouted obscenities at other members of the Congressional Black Caucus , lawmakers said.

"They were shouting, sort of harassing," Lewis said. "But, it's okay, I've faced this before. It reminded me of the 60s. It was a lot of downright hate and anger and people being downright mean."

Lewis said he was leaving the Cannon office building across from the Capitol when protesters shouted "Kill the bill, kill the bill," Lewis said.
"I said 'I'm for the bill, I support the bill, I'm voting for the bill'," Lewis said.

A colleague who was accompanying Lewis said people in the crowd responded by saying "Kill the bill, then the n-word."

"It surprised me that people are so mean and we can't engage in a civil dialogue and debate," Lewis said.

Rep. Emanuel Cleaver , D- Mo. , said he was a few yards behind Lewis and distinctly heard "nigger."

"It was a chorus," Cleaver said. "In a way, I feel sorry for those people who are doing this nasty stuff - they're being whipped up. I decided I wouldn't be angry with any of them."

Protestors also used a slur as they confronted Rep. Barney Frank , D- Mass. , an openly gay member of Congress . A writer for Huffington Post said the crowd called Frank a "faggot."

Frank told the Boston Globe that the incident happened as he was walking from the Longworth office building to the Rayburn office building, both a short distance from the Capitol. Frank said the crowd consisted of a couple of hundred of people and that they referred to him as 'homo.'

"I'm disappointed with the unwillingness to be civil," Frank told the Globe. "I was, I guess, surprised by the rancor. What it means is obviously the health care bill is proxy for a lot of other sentiments, some of which are perfectly reasonable, but some of which are not."

"People out there today, on the whole, were really hateful," Frank said. "The leaders of this movement have a responsibility to speak out more."

Thousands of demonstrators gathered outside the Capitol on Saturday as the House Democratic leadership worked to gather enough votes to enact a health care overhaul proposal that has become the centerpiece of President Barack Obama's domestic agenda. Most were affiliated with so-called tea party organizations that originally sprang up during last summer's protests of the health care proposals.

Heated debate has surrounded what role race plays in the motivations of the tea party demonstrators. During protests last summer, demonstrators displayed a poster depicting Obama as an African witch doctor complete with headdress, above the words "OBAMACARE coming to a clinic near you." Former President Jimmy Carter asserted in September that racism was a major factor behind the hostility that Obama's proposals had faced.

The claim brought angry rebuttals from Republicans.

On Saturday, Frank, however, said he was sorry Republican leaders didn't do more to disown the protesters.

Some Republicans "think they are benefiting from this rancor," he said.
House Majority Whip James Clyburn, D- S.C. , said Saturday's ugliness underscored for him that the health care overhaul isn't the only motivation for many protesters.

"I heard people saying things today I've not heard since March 15th, 1960 , when I was marching to try and get off the back of the bus," Clyburn said. "This is incredible, shocking to me."

He added, "A lot of us have said for a long time that none of this is about healthcare at all. It's about extending a basic fundamental right to people who are less powerful."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/3457015

These tea party people are getting out of line now. Kama hawana hoja basi ni bora wabakie nyumbani kuliko kwenda kwenye hayo maandamano yao na kuanza kutukana watu. Haisaidii kabisa cause yao.

Chairman of the Democratic Caucus kasema they already have the 216 votes as 9:02 AM Eastern time.

Hata hivyo bado the House has to vote on the damn thing saa saba.

Tusubiri.

slide_5497_74986_large.jpg

It seems President O and Dems have secured the magic number of 216 votes. Good luck Mr. President.

These tea party people are getting out of line now. Kama hawana hoja basi ni bora wabakie nyumbani kuliko kwenda kwenye hayo maandamano yao na kuanza kutukana watu. Haisaidii kabisa cause yao.

Right on point Nyani.

Mambo ya kulazimishana ni udikteta, sio demokrasia. Kwa nini unilazimishe kitu kama sikitaki? Hebu anzeni mbele huko....ebo!
Mkuu mbona uulizi kwa nini bima ya Afya ni lazima kwa wafanyakazi serikali hata ya Tanzania? Mkuu nadhani obama katoa ahueni kwa wanafunzi na watu wenye kipato cha chini ya 80000 USD.waliobaki hao wote ni matajiri wasiwasi wako uko wapi?Kwani demokrasia maana yake ni kutofuata sheria? Obama alazimishi ila anataka sheria itungwe.Mimi nadhani Serikali inawajibu kwa mfano inakulinda na wewe unawajibu. Sheria ikisema ni Bima ya Afya basi ndo wajibu wako.

It seems President O and Dems have secured the magic number of 216 votes. Good luck Mr. President.

Stupak anadai bado,ila mambo mengine ni ya kujifunza bado.deadlock iliyoko btn democrats sio kwasababu wengi wao hawaoni umuhimu wa health care reform ama the passage of this bill,rather wanaogopa kuhusiana na mid term elections,tungekuwa na viongozi wenye kufanya the right things basi tungekuwa mbali kwasababu kama wakipata zote 216,ina maana kuna viongozi watakaoukuwa wamejitolea hata kama ikibidi kushindwa uchaguzi,na sasa nasikia wako shy of two points,pinti ambayo wananchi wengi wanawabana nayo ni kuhusiana na federal funding on abortion clause kwenye hii bill.

Nyani unaweza kuwa hutaki kukata bima because of ignorance kwahiyo kwa kukulazimisha wanakusaidia!! Sio kila mtu lazima awe na gari lakini ukiwa na gari lazima uwe na bima; hivyo hivyo kwa bima ya afya kwa binadamu ni lazima kwani hakuna binadamu asiyepatwa na maradhi!! So health insurance itaweka maisha bora kwa kila marekani even NIGGERS!!

Mkuu na bima ya gari je ni kulazimishwa kitu usichokitaka?

Bima ya gari hulazimishwi kuwa nayo. Unapolazimika ni pale tu unapotaka kuliweka gari lako barabarani. Kwa hiyo unaweza ukawa unalo gari lakini kama huliendeshi barabarani huhitaji kuwa na bima. Kwa hiyo kama una gari na hutaki kulilipia bima basi lipaki nyumbani kwako na usiliendeshe.

Nyani unaweza kuwa hutaki kukata bima because of ignorance kwahiyo kwa kukulazimisha wanakusaidia!! Sio kila mtu lazima awe na gari lakini ukiwa na gari lazima uwe na bima; hivyo hivyo kwa bima ya afya kwa binadamu ni lazima kwani hakuna binadamu asiyepatwa na maradhi!! So health insurance itaweka maisha bora kwa kila marekani even NIGGERS!!

Kuwa na gari sio lazima uwe na bima. Unapotakiwa kuwa na bima ni pale unapoliweka gari lako barabarani.

The longtime saga is now over as U.S passes the historic healthcare reform bill under President Obama. It's been a quite a long journey for both major political parties in the U.S, trying to pass this bill.

Health care Bill imepitishwa kwa vote Yes 219 na No212 hivi sasa kwa saa za nyumbani ni saa 11 na DK 45 ASUBUHI

Health care Bill imepitishwa kwa vote Yes 219 na No212 hivi sasa kwa saa za nyumbani ni saa 11 na DK 45 ASUBUHI

Yes they did!!!!

slide_5497_75025_large.jpg

House passes health care bill on 219-212 vote
Washington (CNN) -- President Obama won a historic victory in the struggle for health care reform Sunday as the House of Representatives passed a sweeping bill overhauling the American medical system.

The bill passed in a 219-212 vote after more than a year of bitter partisan debate. All 178 Republicans opposed it, along with 34 Democrats.

The measure, which cleared the Senate in December, will now go to Obama's desk to be signed into law. It constitutes the biggest expansion of federal health care guarantees since the enactment of Medicare and Medicaid more than four decades ago.

A separate compromise package of changes expanding the reach of the measure also passed the House over unanimous GOP opposition, and is now set to be taken up by the Senate.

The overall $940 billion plan is projected to extend insurance coverage to roughly 32 million additional Americans. It represents a significant step towards the goal of universal coverage sought by every Democratic president since Harry Truman.

Most Americans will now be required to have health insurance or pay a fine. Larger employers will be required to provide coverage or risk financial penalties. Total individual out-of-pocket expenses will be capped, and insurers will be barred from denying coverage based on gender or pre-existing conditions.

The compromise package would add to the bill's total cost partly by expanding insurance subsidies for middle- and lower-income families. The measure would scale back the bill's taxes on expensive insurance plans.

Numerous House members insisted they would not back the Senate bill without a clear promise that senators would approve the changes.

The rare Sunday vote occurred after a long weekend of intense negotiations between the White House, House leaders and individual congressmen. Obama traveled to Capitol Hill Saturday to make a last-minute plea to the entire House Democratic caucus. He spent much of the last week trying to personally convince dozens of members.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-California, worked with administration officials to defuse a potentially fatal rebellion among socially conservative Democrats concerned that the bill won't do enough to prevent taxpayer-funded abortions.

She also brokered a last-minute deal among several Democrats worried about disparities in Medicare funding for individual states.

Republicans failed to stop the Democratic health care initiative despite utilizing almost every weapon in their legislative arsenal. GOP leaders repeatedly have warned the plan will lead to a government takeover of America's private employer-based health care system.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/03/21/health.care.main/index.html?hpt=T1

Back
Top Bottom